Page 8 of 10

Re: WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:27 pm
by Blackbear27
basketball_guy wrote:7,200+ at the game. Only CAA game this week with larger attendance was at Elon who is #2 in the conference.

The outcome is a shame because in many ways Maine outplayed Delaware outgaining the Hens by over 100 total yards. They just didn't play a clean game, made mistakes in key moments, turned the ball over, didn't play call well or execute crisply... Unfortunately, it feels like a really talented team is wasting its season with these types of things whenever it plays a decent opponent.

That is not bad for a one time deal at least in terms of Attendance. I would like to see Maine play a couple games down in Portland a year. Maybe add one more game at Orono. Unfortunately the result(score wise) was not what people would have hoped for but I am encouraged by the ticket sales in Portland and number of people who did show up. It just stands to reason it makes sense to play in Portland for at least a few games. If they were able to draw over 17,500 official attendance at Fitzpatrick that would allow them to play an FBS opponent in Portland but a lot has to happen with Fitzpatrick before that can happen. An expanded stadium perhaps would draw more fans which certainly has to be considered very encouraging.

I believe Maine can beat UMASS.


I can't believe it but I don't hate you yet. You are making sense and I realize you are just making a point with the attendance record. Oh and the bam as we know him as "MORON" IS REALLY CLEVER!

Re: WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:42 pm
by footbalIQ
It is not quite the same without you on here BB27. Otherwise its just another boring chat with Monday morning know it alls. But you are harsh one with no back down...... Cheers to having you back!

Re: WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:04 pm
by footballIQ
Saw the Wright hyper extension up close looked bad. Bad call to field inside 10.

Re: WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:14 am
by thebam
Blackbear27 wrote:
basketball_guy wrote:7,200+ at the game. Only CAA game this week with larger attendance was at Elon who is #2 in the conference.

The outcome is a shame because in many ways Maine outplayed Delaware outgaining the Hens by over 100 total yards. They just didn't play a clean game, made mistakes in key moments, turned the ball over, didn't play call well or execute crisply... Unfortunately, it feels like a really talented team is wasting its season with these types of things whenever it plays a decent opponent.

That is not bad for a one time deal at least in terms of Attendance. I would like to see Maine play a couple games down in Portland a year. Maybe add one more game at Orono. Unfortunately the result(score wise) was not what people would have hoped for but I am encouraged by the ticket sales in Portland and number of people who did show up. It just stands to reason it makes sense to play in Portland for at least a few games. If they were able to draw over 17,500 official attendance at Fitzpatrick that would allow them to play an FBS opponent in Portland but a lot has to happen with Fitzpatrick before that can happen. An expanded stadium perhaps would draw more fans which certainly has to be considered very encouraging.

I believe Maine can beat UMASS.


I can't believe it but I don't hate you yet. You are making sense and I realize you are just making a point with the attendance record. Oh and the bam as we know him as "MORON" IS REALLY CLEVER!

What attendance " record"??? Go back to the basement

Re: WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:44 am
by dunbar
There weren't 6000 people at Fitzy on Saturday. The sight lines suck, the bathroom and concessions situation was atrocious, and they can't even have the game time on the scoreboard. Of course, the time was displayed on the tiny $35K rental Jumbotron, so not all was lost. :roll:

College football isn't meant to be played in urban, downtown stadiums. You need more of a suburban or open area with large parking lot for tailgating and grandstands large enough not to be able to see an interstate highway. College campuses typically fit that bill quite well.

Re: WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:57 am
by mainejeff
I see that more MBR aliases have been planted to drum up traffic. #sad

Re: WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:07 am
by thebam
dunbar wrote:grandstands large enough not to be able to see an interstate highway.


Don't worry.. when they do the renovations so they can get 17,500 fans in there it will probably block the view of the interstate. :D :D :D
I watched the whole thing on a very nice , crisp video feed and it looked like a below average crowd. 7200 seemed like a high number.

Re: WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:43 am
by mainejeff
Since the camera never really showed the "home"/larger side...how could any of us that weren't there really be able to tell how big the crowd was?

Re: WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:12 am
by thebam
mainejeff wrote:Since the camera never really showed the "home"/larger side...how could any of us that weren't there really be able to tell how big the crowd was?

That's fair. I can only go by what I saw. That side looked sparse . Not sure what the camera side holds for numbers, people standing, etc..
Looking forward to a good crowd at Fenway this weekend.

Re: WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 am
by Muchups
thebam wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Since the camera never really showed the "home"/larger side...how could any of us that weren't there really be able to tell how big the crowd was?

That's fair. I can only go by what I saw. That side looked sparse . Not sure what the camera side holds for numbers, people standing, etc..
Looking forward to a good crowd at Fenway this weekend.


Home side was overflowing and there were hundreds standing. I've seen crowds of 10,000 at Fitzpatrick for Deering-Portland Thanksgiving game. I didn't question the 7,200 official attendance. It felt about right.