Maybe we'll win one on the road...
dunbar

Re: WEEK 8: Maine at Albany

Postby Blackbear27 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:05 am

This will be a true test for Fergy.
Blackbear27

Postby thebam » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:01 am

Blackbear27 wrote:This will be a true test for Fergy.

yeah. those 6500 hostile Albany fans will make it tough for him to compete against the worst team on the schedule outside RI and Bryant. Should be real tough. After playing in front of a packed house in Durham and in front of 20,000 at JMU I'm sure this will be a really tough test. anyone with an IQ knows that this isn't about " tests" . The only test he had to pass was winning the job. Passed. Now it's about getting better going forward. Be better than you were yesterday, but not as good as you will be tomorrow.
thebam

Postby maine612 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:04 am

thebam wrote:
Blackbear27 wrote:This will be a true test for Fergy.

yeah. those 6500 hostile Albany fans will make it tough for him to compete against the worst team on the schedule outside RI and Bryant. Should be real tough. After playing in front of a packed house in Durham and in front of 20,000 at JMU I'm sure this will be a really tough test. anyone with an IQ knows that this isn't about " tests" . The only test he had to pass was winning the job. Passed. Now it's about getting better going forward. Be better than you were yesterday, but not as good as you will be tomorrow.

Looked pretty darned good yesterday. But what do I know? I never played D1 football.

maine612

Postby Blind Zebra » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:55 am

Micah Wright is back! URI folded up and went home after that punt return TD. Ferguson only has to manage the game and hit his open targets, which he did quite nicely yesterday. 9 times out of 10, Josh Mack will be the best player on the field in CAA play. If Maine mixes their play calling and forces Albany to respect the pass, they will be in good shape. Limit turnovers and penalties. Still too many dumb penalties in the second half yesterday. More touches for Edwards please! If Maine limits Hanks in the running game, I like their chances. Maine's corners played excellent football yesterday!
Maine 24 Albany 17
Blind Zebra

Postby Blackbear27 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:53 pm

thebam

BamBAm we have already determined that you do not know what your talking about. Now I do not mean to hurt you feelings " well hell ya your dumb ass" I guess I really do!... The CAA is tough. Have they won a game on the road.. NO>>> Albany is no slouch actually look at there CAA stats. Settle down we have already assessed your FB IQ 1/3 of 50. I AM FOR THE sorry a math equation if you cannot figure it out email I will help you.
Blackbear27

Postby Blackbear27 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:01 pm

thebam wrote:
Blackbear27 wrote:
This will be a true test for Fergy.

Looked pretty darned good yesterday. But what do I know? I never played D1 football.

YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED ANY FOOTBALL DUMMY. LET ALONE D I. IF FERGY CAN GET THE BALL TO ATHLETES LIKE I SAID LAST WEEK HE WILL BE FINE. MY PREDICTION 4TH QUARTER FEGY FLOP THIS WEEEK. 612 " NO ONE EVER ASSUMED YOU PLAYED FOOTBALL PERIOD"
Blackbear27

Postby thebam » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Blackbear27 wrote:yeah. those 6500 hostile Albany fans will make it tough for him to compete against the worst team on the schedule outside RI and Bryant. Should be real tough. After playing in front of a packed house in Durham and in front of 20,000 at JMU I'm sure this will be a really tough test. anyone with an IQ knows that this isn't about " tests" . The only test he had to pass was winning the job. Passed. Now it's about getting better going forward. Be better than you were yesterday, but not as good as you will be tomorrow.
thebam

BamBAm we have already determined that you do not know what your talking about. Now I do not mean to hurt you feelings " well hell ya your dumb ass" I guess I really do!... The CAA is tough. Have they won a game on the road.. NO>>> Albany is no slouch actually look at there CAA stats. Settle down we have already assessed your FB IQ 1/3 of 50. I AM FOR THE sorry a math equation if you cannot figure it out email I will help you.

I have probably forgotten more about football than you will ever know. But , hey, it's your fairytale. Tell it your way!
thebam

Postby UMaineDad » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:45 pm

I feel that the roll has begun and will continue throughout the season...(At least I'm hoping). We are now 1-0. Let's see if we can go 1-0 this week!

UMO 35
UAlbany 14
UMaineDad

Postby dunbar » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:00 pm

To say Albany is the worst team left on the schedule is plain wrong (see: Massachusetts, the University of). This is a team that beat Villanova and are coming off a bye.
dunbar

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics