Maine 68 Hartford 63

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Maine 68 Hartford 63

Postby mainejeff » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Nice win for the Black Bears tonight. Thankfully, Socoby stopped shooting at the end of the game and others took over the scoring......nice balance with 4 in double figures. FINALLY, they closed out a game!
mainejeff

Re: Maine 68 Hartford 63

Postby mbr2 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:40 am

Another good effort by the Bears and they were finally able to close a game out. They did a much better job getting the ball into the block and the bigs did a great job finishing. Down the stretch they made some good defensive plays that lead to a couple of easy baskets that really helped.
mbr2

Postby Patsfan07 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:22 am

Looks like Bernal and Rogers split time at the pt...20 mins a piece. Jr didn't take a shot ?!?!...but he did have an impressive 6 assists\1 turnover night. And most impressively, the team shot 15 - 17 from the foul line !!
Patsfan07

Postby goteam » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:33 am

A very nice win for the blackbears.
goteam

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:12 am

mbr2 wrote:Another good effort by the Bears ....
??? "Another" ? Now there's an optimist, but I guess they're now at least "dominating" the conference cellar as a result of all these "good efforts". :D :twisted: !
TAL1957

Postby mbr2 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:45 am

If one looks at the games and past year performances and also factors in the number of young players playing there should be optimism. The team is playing hard and they are improving and rather than continue to look at the negatives, which seems to be a characteristic of many Maine fans, I choose to look at the positive and what the future may hold. They are playing a lot of young players who are performing well. Rogers, McLemore, are freshmen, McNally, Peay. Barnies, sophmores and Bernal, Socoby juniors. Martin, McAllian, and Mitchell, freshmen with McAllian probably a redshirt. To me the future is bright and they have been in games in fact led only to fall short against the top echlon teams in the conference. I like the make-up of the team and they have the ability to make noise in the tournament. I know, as a coach I would like my chances and enjoy coaching this team.
mbr2

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:30 pm

mbr2 wrote:If one looks at the games and past year performances and also factors in the number of young players playing there should be optimism. The team is playing hard and they are improving and rather than continue to look at the negatives, which seems to be a characteristic of many Maine fans, I choose to look at the positive and what the future may hold. They are playing a lot of young players who are performing well. Rogers, McLemore, are freshmen, McNally, Peay. Barnies, sophmores and Bernal, Socoby juniors. Martin, McAllian, and Mitchell, freshmen with McAllian probably a redshirt. To me the future is bright and they have been in games in fact led only to fall short against the top echlon teams in the conference. I like the make-up of the team and they have the ability to make noise in the tournament. I know, as a coach I would like my chances and enjoy coaching this team.

I'm more of a realist, but I'll give credit where credit is due.....they played a great game last night.

I wish that Socoby and Bernal had developed a consistent offensive game over the past couple of seasons. To me, that has kept Maine from being a top tier team in AE.
mainejeff

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:05 pm

mbr2 wrote: I know, as a coach I would like my chances and enjoy coaching this team.

Well Ted (?), I certainly do like your enthusiasm and optimism, and hope you are proven correct come your play-in game (against Hartford) !

Hey, a win is a win, and even a relatively easy one is still too be enjoyed ! Tons of credit to the players for notching a win despite the coaching and game plan !
TAL1957

Postby mbr2 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:31 pm

The Hartford game plan was good.They also did a good job subbing and trusting their younger players.
mbr2

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics