Make the call coach sit Ferguson start Staver

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Make the call coach sit Ferguson start Staver

Postby Blackbear27 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:58 pm

maine612 wrote:This "replace Ferguson" line of thinking is preposterous. Now, he might crap the bed and lose the job, but the idea to bench him now makes zero sense.

And if we did, who do we put in? Staver?? Who none of us have really seen play? Should we just "take a shot" on someone else?

WHY I ASK YOU. WHY! WHAT IS YOUR REASONING. NEW QB ITS AN EASY FIX. YES LETS TAKE A SHOT. LAST 3 YEARS WITH COLLINS WAS A SHOT. HE SUCKED BADLEY... YES COULD THROW 70 YARDS TO THE OTHER TEAM. LETS NOT SETTLE ON SOMEONE UNTIL THEY PROVE THEMSELVES.
Blackbear27

Postby Blackbear27 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:09 pm

Blackbear27 wrote:
maine612 wrote:This "replace Ferguson" line of thinking is preposterous. Now, he might crap the bed and lose the job, but the idea to bench him now makes zero sense.

And if we did, who do we put in? Staver?? Who none of us have really seen play? Should we just "take a shot" on someone else?

WHY I ASK YOU WHY! WHAT IS YOUR REASONING. NEW QB ITS AN EASY FIX. YES LETS TAKE A SHOT. LAST 3 YEARS WITH COLLINS WAS A SHOT. HE SUCKED BADLEY... YES COULD THROW 70 YARDS TO THE OTHER TEAM. LETS NOT SETTLE ON SOMEONE UNTIL THEY PROVE THEMSELVES.
Blackbear27

Postby UMaineDad » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Blackbear27,

I totally agree with you regarding not settling on one QB who has not proven himself, and the Dan Collins issue. I just hope you are wrong about the rest of the season being a wash. I too played college football and the best college teams play for the season...not for the long run. Let's see how he does next week. Coach H has got to act like a D1 coach and not a high school coach!
UMaineDad

Postby Blind Zebra » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:42 pm

Dan Collins sucked so bad he was invited to a camp tryout with the Bills. He made 3rd team all CAA last year and is now on a CFL roster. yes he threw some picks and also led Maine to some big wins. Probably had the best arm in the CAA and he "sucked"....OK, got it. There was no one on the team more qualified to play quarterback. That's a fact. They tried Belcher and he couldn't make throws at the college level consistently. The previous OC was actually using Denver's Tebow offense with him. Collins beat him out last year and Cohen, who is a competent OC moved Belcher to TE and started Ferg over Staver. A smart choice.
Blind Zebra

Postby Blackbear27 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Collins lost more games than he won. 3 Picks against JMU last year in 2nd half lost game. At 50 I think I can play in Europe. Thats where collins is worst QB in last 20 years at Maine. Big arm but to many wrong colors caught caught them. The fact that you are defending Dan Collins says it all. What I mean for the morons is his bad plays cost winnable games.
Blackbear27

Postby Blind Zebra » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Collins is actually the back up QB for the Ottawa Red Blacks of the CFL. Get your facts straight and then maybe we can have a discussion.
Blind Zebra

Postby Blackbear27 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:59 pm

OK Canada Europe what ever hard to keep track.. Can't care less he is still terrible. Your still blind zebra. You have never played a down of college football in your life.
Blackbear27

Postby Blind Zebra » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Nope, you're right my man. Never played college football. Guess that means I know nothing about it? I'll stop now stop now, so I can read more of your carefully crafted, witty posts.
Blind Zebra

Postby Blackbear27 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:21 pm

You can so tell when someone has never strapped on the pads.
Blackbear27

Postby Blackbear27 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:00 pm

thebam
The current seniors have had a chance to win. Chris Ferguson WON the job over all the other QB's in a month of camp. He was the best one. Now, after 3 games , in which he played well enough to really win 2 of them, you want to kick him to the curb. It's preposterous to even suggest. If we had played unh with a kicker that was capable, we'd probably be a Top 25 team right now, with Chris Ferguson as our QB!!!!![/quote]

What do think of your boy now thebam! 3 more picks today he is horrible.
Blackbear27

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics