Make the call coach sit Ferguson start Staver

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Make the call coach sit Ferguson start Staver

Postby Blackbear27 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:52 am

thebam wrote:http://bangordailynews.com/2017/09/25/sports/chris-is-our-quarterback-umaines-ferguson-struggles-in-loss-at-jmu/
Hopefully this puts an end to any BS speculation or nonsense regarding this topic.

ALL IT SAYS IS COACH H IS STICKING WITH HIS MISTAKE. MY PREDICTION IS THEY WILL LOSE TO VILLANOVA AND THE SEASON WILL BE OVER BECAUSE THEY WILL STICK WITH FERGURSON. THEN IT WILL BE TIME TO LOOK AT COACH H AND HIS FUTURE.
Blackbear27

Postby Blackbear27 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:54 am

thebam wrote:
oldfart wrote:.
This is not the NFL the current seniors deserve a chance to win.
Let's give someone else a chance to show if they can be a winner!

Is this the seniors first year? They haven't had a chance to win yet? Just stop.

I AM UNCLEAR ON WHAT YOU MEAN!
Blackbear27

Postby thebam » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:54 am

[quote="Blackbear27

YES YOU HAVE NAILED IT........ OLDFART YOU ARE RIGHT. JUST LOOK AT JMU QB PERFECT EXAMPLE[/quote]
The JMU QB has been playing in games since he was a freshman. He's not a 1st year starter. Not sure how you can even remotely compare the 2. Get over it already. Ferguson will be a 4 year starter at Maine and they will be better off for it.
thebam

Postby thebam » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:56 am

Blackbear27 wrote:
thebam wrote:
oldfart wrote:.
This is not the NFL the current seniors deserve a chance to win.
Let's give someone else a chance to show if they can be a winner!

Is this the seniors first year? They haven't had a chance to win yet? Just stop.

I AM UNCLEAR ON WHAT YOU MEAN!

The current seniors have had a chance to win. Chris Ferguson WON the job over all the other QB's in a month of camp. He was the best one. Now, after 3 games , in which he played well enough to really win 2 of them, you want to kick him to the curb. It's preposterous to even suggest. If we had played unh with a kicker that was capable, we'd probably be a Top 25 team right now, with Chris Ferguson as our QB!!!!!
thebam

Postby maine612 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:07 pm

This "replace Ferguson" line of thinking is preposterous. Now, he might crap the bed and lose the job, but the idea to bench him now makes zero sense.

And if we did, who do we put in? Staver?? Who none of us have really seen play? Should we just "take a shot" on someone else?

maine612

Postby Blind Zebra » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:43 pm

As Bam said, Ferguson played well enough to be 2-1 right now. Pulling him after 1 bad game is amateurish thinking. Coach H is looking at this from both the short term and long term and I guarantee you he has made the decision to start Ferguson because he gives them the best chance to win. Staver had every chance to win the job, but he didn't make enough winning plays in the scrimmages. Ferguson went out there and made it happen.
Now last weekend they faced superior competition. Chris played like a freshman. He held the ball too long and his mechanics broke down. Let's also note that his receivers weren't getting any separation and that didn't help. When Wright comes back against Nova it will open up the crossing routes and screen game. Micah can open up the field for Edwards, Reed, Osumah etc. Having that deep threat makes the whole offense that much better. Let's see how Ferg plays with his full cast.
Briggs looked good on that 40 yard field goal. His kickoffs have been great. Would like to see him build on that.
Blind Zebra

Postby thebam » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:43 pm

maine612 wrote:This "replace Ferguson" line of thinking is preposterous. Now, he might crap the bed and lose the job, but the idea to bench him now makes zero sense.

And if we did, who do we put in? Staver?? Who none of us have really seen play? Should we just "take a shot" on someone else?

Well, all these people commenting were at every practice in the spring and thru August, so they know who should be playing and who shouldn't. wait.. nevermind.
thebam

Postby maine612 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:49 pm

These byes suck.

maine612

Postby Blackbear27 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:32 pm

]

I AM UNCLEAR ON WHAT YOU MEAN![/quote]
The current seniors have had a chance to win. Chris Ferguson WON the job over all the other QB's in a month of camp. He was the best one. Now, after 3 games , in which he played well enough to really win 2 of them, you want to kick him to the curb. It's preposterous to even suggest. If we had played unh with a kicker that was capable, we'd probably be a Top 25 team right now, with Chris Ferguson as our QB!!!!![/quote]

Unfortunately I agree with what you said. They have had a chance to win but with Collins who they stuck with stunk it up. Thats what will happen here with Fergy. If I am wrong I will eat my hat. Ferguson has basic fundamentals mechanic issues. At this level there very hard to fix at this point and you play for the season not the future. I am betting not many here have put 4 years on the line at the college level, well I have and when I played our coach made one of the biggest chances in school history and it paid of big time. Enough said. Have said that there are a lot of people on this post with very good grasp of the game and your comments are well put. I am tired of giving a way games thats all. All I ask is watch 2nd half mechanics when the pressure is on. As i said I can't even talk about kicking if you knew why you would understand its a very sore subject for this guy.
Blackbear27

Postby Blackbear27 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:37 pm

maine612 wrote:These byes suck.

I agree. Maine still got $350k for not playing....
Blackbear27

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics