Week # 4 UMO at JMU Predictions

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Week # 4 UMO at JMU Predictions

Postby Archer Bunker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Well looks like UMO is destroying Bryant as the Black Bears put up 50 points in 3 quarters. UMO up 50-12 heading into the last quarter. UMO has a bye in Week # 3..... So now on to James Madison in Week # 4 where it will be Family Day at Showker Field. JMU is pretty good, but UMO ruins the Family Day and takes down the Dukes in a great game.

UMO 35
JMU 21

GO! GO! UMO!

AB
Last edited by Archer Bunker on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archer Bunker

Re: Week # 3 UMO at JMU Predictions

Postby UMaineDad » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:46 pm

I like that scenario Archer!!!

UMO 35
JMU 21

GO MAINE!
UMaineDad

Re: Week # 3 UMO at JMU Predictions

Postby Archer Bunker » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 pm

UMaineDad wrote:I like that scenario Archer!!!

UMO 35
JMU 21

GO MAINE!

Yes Daddy......Jump right on the wagon....it looks like it is going to be a very good season for UMO.

GO ! GO! UMO!

AB
Archer Bunker

Re: Week # 4 UMO at JMU Predictions

Postby UMaineDad » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm sorry Archer. I don't know what wagon you are referring too. I simply like the scenario you presented for the JMU game. But if it helps your ego, you can call me Big Daddy! :D
UMaineDad

Postby Bulldog Pride » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:58 pm

I liked what I saw against Bryant. I don't think Bryant is very good, but I still liked what I saw from Maine. I hope they can keep it going. So I'll take Maine again against JMU. Maine 28 JMU 24.
Bulldog Pride

Postby maine612 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:02 pm

I think this team is heading in the right direction however they are not going to beat JMU. In fact they will likely be 1-4 in a few weeks. That's not an embarrassment either. They will have to run the table to get to 7-4 and playoffs but I fear they will be too beat up to do so.

JMU 34, Maine 20

maine612

Postby Archer Bunker » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:43 pm

maine612 wrote:I think this team is heading in the right direction however they are not going to beat JMU. In fact they will likely be 1-4 in a few weeks. That's not an embarrassment either. They will have to run the table to get to 7-4 and playoffs but I fear they will be too beat up to do so.

JMU 34, Maine 20

Disagree with your thoughts. JMU is very good and very capable of beating UMO. But I think UMO is better than what you think.......I think they will go 8-3 in regular season play. But hey that's just my opinion. It will be interesting to see how this season plays out.

GO! GO! UMO!

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby maine612 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:01 am

AB, I really appreciate your optimism and hope you are right!! I would love to be wrong here. However, here is the schedule....

@UNH, Loss
Bryant, Win
@JMU
@UCF
@Nova
URI
@Albany
W&M
Delaware
@UMass
Stony Brook

Let's find 7 more wins... I will give you URI, Albany. Good chance against Delaware, W&M, and Stony Brook at home (not gimmes at all...will need all of these)... To get to 8 wins we need to beat two of JMU, UCF, Nova, UMass on the road... I imagine we will be underdogs in all of those games. I am curious which ones you think we win?

We could get to the playoffs with just one of those last 4 and that would be sweet. I still think we end up 5-6 or 6-5 at the high end.

maine612

Postby fafan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:36 am

maine612 wrote:AB, I really appreciate your optimism and hope you are right!! I would love to be wrong here. However, here is the schedule....

@UNH, Loss
Bryant, Win
@JMU
@UCF
@Nova
URI
@Albany
W&M
Delaware
@UMass
Stony Brook

Let's find 7 more wins... I will give you URI, Albany. Good chance against Delaware, W&M, and Stony Brook at home (not gimmes at all...will need all of these)... To get to 8 wins we need to beat two of JMU, UCF, Nova, UMass on the road... I imagine we will be underdogs in all of those games. I am curious which ones you think we win?

We could get to the playoffs with just one of those last 4 and that would be sweet. I still think we end up 5-6 or 6-5 at the high end.

Don't think there is to much argument that Nova and Mass are more winnable than JMU and UCF. That is not to say we don't have a chance at JMU. We will go with 2 weeks rest and should be close to 100% healthy. There is something about this team that tells me we will never be totally out of a game. A lot of weapons on both sides of the ball. I was really impressed with the defensive 2ndary and their ability to make interceptions as well as tackle. JMU will not look past us knowing we had the lead going into 4th quarter at home last year. Plus our run D is way better than anyone anticipated.
fafan

Postby Archer Bunker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:38 pm

UMaineDad wrote:I'm sorry Archer. I don't know what wagon you are referring too. I simply like the scenario you presented for the JMU game. But if it helps your ego, you can call me Big Daddy! :D

No Ego here. If you want to be called Big Daddy....You got it.

GO! GO! UMO!

AB
Archer Bunker

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics