Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby Cougarfan24 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:29 pm

UMaineDad wrote:UMAINE 28
UNH 10


I'm with you UMaineDad I like Maine in this game 31-14.
Cougarfan24
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby Media » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:20 am

UNH Alumni ‏Verified account @UNHAlums
UNH Alumni Retweeted UNH Insider
The 8/31 #UNH season opener against Maine features pre-game music, a bouncy house, post-game fireworks & various other family entertainment.
Media
 
Posts: 1055
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:25 am

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby Archer Bunker » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:57 am

One week away from opening game. Lets get those predictions going. Who will win? UMO or UNH. Close game or blowout?

AB
Archer Bunker
 
Posts: 3567
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:27 pm
Location: Augusta Area

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby bballnut » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:32 am

UNH .... by 2 touchdowns

Maine is too soft .. allowing a player to leave team and comeback says it all ... The kid should have been sent packing, just like myers in hoops .. but that's for another post .. then taking days off because too many players hurt ...

I've been a big fan of yours Arch, so go go UMO
bballnut
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 8:20 am

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:57 am

Media wrote:
UNH Alumni ‏Verified account @UNHAlums
UNH Alumni Retweeted UNH Insider
The 8/31 #UNH season opener against Maine features pre-game music, a bouncy house, post-game fireworks & various other family entertainment.

This is a "prediction" ?
Last edited by TAL1957 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
TAL1957
 
Posts: 4828
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:06 am

Cougarfan24 wrote:
UMaineDad wrote:UMAINE 28
UNH 10

I'm with you UMaineDad I like Maine in this game 31-14.

Seems pretty obvious that this is a game with lots of TBD individual player skills and performance when the clock is ticking ? Could clearly go either way depending on 3-5 key plays or 2-5 key players (QB ?, RB ?, a WR or two ?, or ...-> ). This game could very well be decided by the kicking game !???

Still gotta be a UMaine Homer (= multi-generational alum), and hope we see solid, if not great, play in the backfield and secondary, setting UMaine up for a WIN with field position provided by the punting and several scores placed on the board by the kicker (as well as every PAT !).

UMaine 30
UNH 24
TAL1957
 
Posts: 4828
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby Archer Bunker » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:14 am

bballnut wrote:UNH .... by 2 touchdowns

I've been a big fan of yours Arch, so go go UMO


Gee thanks Bballnut I didn't know I had a fan club? I think I remember you.....You use to post a lot around 2008 to 2010ish about basketball and if I remember correctly you were good friends with the Wiz? Anyways thanks for making a prediction. Should be an interesting year for UMO.

GO! GO! UMO!

AB
Archer Bunker
 
Posts: 3567
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:27 pm
Location: Augusta Area

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby fafan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 am

bballnut wrote:UNH .... by 2 touchdowns

Maine is too soft .. allowing a player to leave team and comeback says it all ... The kid should have been sent packing, just like myers in hoops .. but that's for another post .. then taking days off because too many players hurt ...

I've been a big fan of yours Arch, so go go UMO


Don't recall taking days off because of too many players injured but do I think a scrimmage was cancelled with to many lineman injured. I too was wondering why the scrimmage was cancelled but in hindsight why risk more injuries if you are already missing to many personnel to have a successful scrimmage. I don't see anything soft about the team. If you were too read the updates on the other CAA teams I think the top teams have already lost at least one player due to season ending injuries. In Maine's case I think these are nagging issues that hopefully a few days off will correct.
The predictions for this game are all over the place, I am "hoping" for Maine in a close one. 27-24. Think our offense will be fine when Fergie gets some time under his belt, he has some weapons to use, really excited to see what Mack and Edwards do this year.
Defense is strong in the 2dary but inexperienced upfront. Drinking coach H's Koolaid when he says this is the biggest game of the year, he had the team ready against UConn and have no reason to think he won't have them ready against McDonnell who has owned us in the past.
fafan
 
Posts: 3438
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:25 am

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby UMaineDad » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:04 pm

From what I have read & viewed on the UNH sites, etc., seems like UHN are more worried about Maine than our boys are about them. We definitely have better overall personnel on both sides of the ball! Their QB seems fragile to me and their running game is very questionable. I believe Maine will be the superior team is this one. If we punch them in the mouth early, and keep it coming, we should prevail!
UMaineDad
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby yorkcountyUNHfan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:33 am

UMaineDad wrote:From what I have read & viewed on the UNH sites, etc., seems like UHN are more worried about Maine than our boys are about them. We definitely have better overall personnel on both sides of the ball! Their QB seems fragile to me and their running game is very questionable. I believe Maine will be the superior team is this one. If we punch them in the mouth early, and keep it coming, we should prevail!


I hear Coach Mac is considering not even showing up
yorkcountyUNHfan
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dunbar, Google Adsense [Bot] and 55 guests