Added UM Women 6'5" Kat Williams is the REAL DEAL

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Added UM Women 6'5" Kat Williams is the REAL DEAL

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:24 pm

Crunch: Thanks for posting Kat Williams highlight films

After posting on the "WBB adds a big" thread, I asked if she had certain post up skills at 6'5".

After watching game film of her that "Crunch" posted for us on that same thread, now I am asking HOW IS SHE AVAILABLE THIS LATE IN THE RECRUITING GAME?

Granted these were highlights of her skills and not a complete game.

However. if she is half as good as her highlight films showed then UMaine has gotten a gem.

Offensively
1. She knows how to post up on the block
2. She knows how to ask for the ball
3. SHE DOES HAVE A POWER LAYUP
4. Good foul shooting form
5. Good jump shot
6. Good rolling semi-hook shot
7. Good soft hands
8. Good passer and looks for teammates when double teamed or from the high post hitting cutting teammates
9. Good offensive rebounder
10. Good ball handler and can dribble when needed to get better position on block

Defensively
1. Good shot blocker...Blocks shots after ball leaves shooter's hands
2. Moves well laterally
3. Transitions well from offense to defense
4. Does not commit foolish fouls
5. Good help defender
6. Good rebounder and looks for outlet

This player is the post player version of Sigi Koizar at point guard and should be able to help immediately. She is a steal just like Sigi was.

She is my kind of post player and will only get better with college game experience.

Wow, I wish I had seen this film before I asked questions about her.

Eventually you can put her on the low post with the correct offensive spacing set to make it hard to double down to double team her and have a rule that she has to touch the ball once before you shoot it unless the shot is an open layup.

Great potential, the best I have seen in a BIG high school girl player.

Once she gets adjusted to the speed, physicality and more size in the college game to have to go against she could be come a dominant player in America East.

I USUALLY DON'T GET TO EXCITED ABOUT INCOMING COLLEGE FRESHMEN UNLESS THEY HAVE GONE TO PREP SCHOOL.

ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10 WITH 10 BEING THE HIGHEST THIS RECRUITING STEAL IS A 9,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TEEN.
bcbc55

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics