Sam Perkins feature

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Sam Perkins feature

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:48 am

Sam Perkins‏ @onebidwonders
I don't have the words for @nozekas and @ABC for telling the story of me, my dad and @AmericaEast hoops in this Doc.

Son's love of basketball helps him cope with father's death

Sam Perkins has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of basketball -- specifically, America East men’s basketball. Once you get him talking about the collegiate athletic conference, it’s hard to get him to stop.

It’s this passion that led Sam to create the website One-Bid Wonders, which through 2015 was one of the few sites covering America East men’s basketball. Not only was it a home for the rabid America East fan to get their fix of news and in-depth reporting, but it also became an outlet for Sam to reconnect with his deceased father, Jack Perkins, who taught Sam everything he knew about basketball. Jack made a tradition of taking Sam and his younger brother Noah to America East games.

“One-Bid Wonders was my connection to my dad, going through my fingertips out there onto the worldwide web,” Sam says

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sons-love-bask ... d=48036451
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Sam Perkins feature

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Tom Nolette wrote:
Sam Perkins‏ @onebidwonders
I don't have the words for @nozekas and @ABC for telling the story of me, my dad and @AmericaEast hoops in this Doc.

Son's love of basketball helps him cope with father's death

Sam Perkins has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of basketball -- specifically, America East men’s basketball. Once you get him talking about the collegiate athletic conference, it’s hard to get him to stop.

It’s this passion that led Sam to create the website One-Bid Wonders, which through 2015 was one of the few sites covering America East men’s basketball. Not only was it a home for the rabid America East fan to get their fix of news and in-depth reporting, but it also became an outlet for Sam to reconnect with his deceased father, Jack Perkins, who taught Sam everything he knew about basketball. Jack made a tradition of taking Sam and his younger brother Noah to America East games.

“One-Bid Wonders was my connection to my dad, going through my fingertips out there onto the worldwide web,” Sam says

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sons-love-bask ... d=48036451

Tom: Thanks for posting this great article. What a outstanding basketball human interest story.

I really enjoyed it and it was very well written.

Thanks again.
bcbc55

Re: Sam Perkins feature

Postby parquetfloor » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:59 pm

What a great piece. Sam is a really good guy and I'm glad his story got told.
parquetfloor

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics