Improving the fan experience for 2017-18

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: Improving the fan experience for 2017-18

Postby mainejeff » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Maybe become a fan of UNH? :? There are plenty of threads to keep up with Wildcat Country on here! ;) :)

............. :|
mainejeff

Postby Archer Bunker » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Question for Cimmie. Coach Cim do you ever drink a beer or any alcoholic beverages? I think I know the answer, but I thought I would ask anyways.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:Question for Cimmie. Coach Cim do you ever drink a beer or any alcoholic beverages? I think I know the answer, but I thought I would ask anyways.

AB

AB: If the LORD wanted us to drink alcohol we wouldn't have to make it.

YOU ARE RIGHT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A TEETOTALER.

I certainly feel that high school or college athletics and alcohol do not mix well regardless of when the alcohol is used..... even if sold to fans at games.

Just my opinion.

What will draw more UMaine fans, WINNING or sales for alcohol at games?

"What floats someone ELSES boat "to improve fans experience for 2017-18" doesn't necessarily float my boat".

OR

"Different strokes for improving fans experience for 2017-18 for different folks"

OR

"Opinons are like noses, everyone has one".

Thanks for asking Arch.

P.S. Didn't drink as a basketball player in high school or college and if I expected my players not to drink wen I was coaching, I had to make sure I set the example of not drinking.

Also, more negative things happen then positive thins when using alcohol.
bcbc55

Postby Archer Bunker » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:56 am

Just as I thought Cimmie......Good old fashion "Lead by example" I say old fashion because in today's " Charmin's" world that we live in it is more like "Do as I say....Not as I do.
Sad but if you take away the alcohol attendance goes down. It's a different world today Cimmie.......
Quick Fixes and instant Gratifications. It's pretty muck a ME, ME, ME World today.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby augie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:47 am

AB, I would hazard a guess athletes drank much more in the 50's thru 80's then they do today so not really following the charmins/me me me logic.

Cim, have you ever or do you ever take prescription medicine? Guessing so and pretty sure the good Lord didn't make whatever it is you are taking to stay healthy.

Just playing devils advocate because like you both I do not drink but I am not judgmental to those that do.
augie

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:Just as I thought Cimmie......Good old fashion "Lead by example" I say old fashion because in today's " Charmin's" world that we live in it is more like "Do as I say....Not as I do.
Sad but if you take away the alcohol attendance goes down. It's a different world today Cimmie.......
Quick Fixes and instant Gratifications. It's pretty muck a ME, ME, ME World today.

AB

AB: Agree. Many think that times have changed, but that is not correct, as 60 seconds is still a minute and 60 minutes is still an hour, etc. Time hasn't changed it is the people and their thinking, ideas, values etc. that have changed.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:11 pm

augie wrote:AB, I would hazard a guess athletes drank much more in the 50's thru 80's then they do today so not really following the charmins/me me me logic.

Cim, have you ever or do you ever take prescription medicine? Guessing so and pretty sure the good Lord didn't make whatever it is you are taking to stay healthy.

Just playing devils advocate because like you both I do not drink but I am not judgmental to those that do.

augie: Yes, I have taken prescription medications, but that was for the positive not the negatives of drinking alcohol.

Rubbing alcohol is a positive if you use it on the outside of the body. but certainly not a positive if it is inside the body as it can be fatal.

I am not judgemental of those that do drink, it is their negative actions that they do that I am judgemental of
when drinking.

As I told my children many times, I love you, but it is some of the things that you do that I do not like and will correct.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Sorry, double post for some reason.
bcbc55

Postby driveandive » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Birds and animals get inebriated from fermented wild fruits literally millions of times every day. I suspect nature makes the amount of alcohol creates by humans seem relatively minute in comparison.
driveandive

Postby thebam » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm

This has gotten incredibly ridiculous. Selling beer at concessions at college games not only improves the fan experience ( which was the point of this exercise in case some of you forgot) but it also improves the bottom line of the Athletic Department. It is highly profitable and schools all over the country and seeing big numbers from the sale of cold beer at football and baseball for sure. It's a no brainer. Maine should be selling at hockey, basketball, baseball, football .. anywhere there is a concession stand, there should be cold beer. Those that want it, or don't care either way, vastly out number those that think it's a bad idea because of an anti alcohol agenda.
thebam

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics