Improving the fan experience for 2017-18

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Improving the fan experience for 2017-18

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:11 pm

dunbar wrote:I know nothing of the exit interview process and it honestly doesn't concern me.

I just know that beer sells and those who can and want to, will buy it.

dunbar: I agree Beer sells, So does that INCLUDE STUDENTS UNDER 21?

Couldn't you as my assistant here on the MBR's UMaine and other D-1 schools / topics thread find out if Maine has a written exit transfer questionnaire.

With your pull on campus and interest in UMaine basketball I would think you might want to know the REAL REASONS, NOT THE POLITICAL CORRECT ANSWERS THE TRANSFERS AND MAINE COACHES GIVE, in why there have been 16 transfers between just the UMaine men''s and women's programs the past 2 years.

11 men players the past 2 years and 5 women players this past year.

I WOULD THINK THE AD AND COACHES WOULD WANT TO KNOW THE REAL REASONS TOO.

I have tried several people close to both programs, but they couldn't get an answer. I wonder what the big secret is.

However, if I can't find out, maybe I can go thru the "Freedom of information Act" process seeing UMaine is a public, land grant institution and not private and supported by Maine taxpayer dollars to get a copy if they even have a written exit.

I guess I will call the Maine athletic department myself and if I don't get a satisfactory answer then I will have to go over their heads to get a simple yes or no answer for does UMaine have a written exit transfer questionnaire.

Only want a yes or no answer and if the answer is yes, a copy of the questionnaire.

So don't feel bad if you can't or don't want to get involved I understand. I thought this would make for a good "Off the Rim" column for next November pre-season on UMaine basketball.
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:08 am

What does an exit interview on transfers have to do with the fan experience? Honestly, if a player doesn't want to be at Maine, I really don't give a damn why. just hit the road jack. Dr. G said it best when john Gordon left for Deleware.. The sooner we get people out of here that don't want to be here and get people here that do, the better off we will be.
thebam

Postby dunbar » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:55 am

Of course it doesn't include anybody under 21, although everyone is required to show ID at the time of purchase.
dunbar

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:16 am

thebam wrote:What does an exit interview on transfers have to do with the fan experience? Honestly, if a player doesn't want to be at Maine, I really don't give a damn why. just hit the road jack. Dr. G said it best when john Gordon left for Deleware.. The sooner we get people out of here that don't want to be here and get people here that do, the better off we will be.

Bam: Maybe the reasons for the transfers could be improved and after all what will improve the fan experience the most is winning, winning, winning.

If some of the UMaine men basketball players that left had stayed maybe they would have won more which would certainly improve the fan experience.

As an AD and as a coach I would really want to know the real reasons for the 11 transfers from the men's hoop program the past two seasons and the 5 from the women's program this past year.

That is what exit written transfer questionnaire could help improve the fan experience in WINNING MORE for the men's program, that's all

Don't forget who wanted those players and recruited them in the first place.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:23 am

dunbar wrote:Of course it doesn't include anybody under 21, although everyone is required to show ID at the time of purchase.

dunbar: Do you really believe that no one under 21 isn't purchasing or bringing alcohol to football games? Especially in the tailgating area.
bcbc55

Postby dunbar » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:47 am

bcbc55 wrote:
dunbar wrote:Of course it doesn't include anybody under 21, although everyone is required to show ID at the time of purchase.

dunbar: Do you really believe that no one under 21 isn't purchasing or bringing alcohol to football games? Especially in the tailgating area.

Purchasing, yes. Bringing in? I don't know for certain. Kids will find a way but UMPD has things pretty well under control. It's no different than the issues they deal with in the dorms on a daily basis.
dunbar

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:46 pm

dunbar wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:

Purchasing, yes. Bringing in? I don't know for certain. Kids will find a way but UMPD has things pretty well under control. It's no different than the issues they deal with in the dorms on a daily basis.

dunbar: I agree with you the UMPD has always done a very good job over the years in controlling alcohol on campus. Also agree if there is a will there is a way for students under 21 to get alcohol one way or another.

Do you think there are many students that get illegal identification age to purchase alcohol at football games?

If they did not allow alcohol at the football games for anybody, do you think that would lower attendance. No alcohol at tailgating?
bcbc55

Postby fafan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:41 pm

[
dunbar: Do you really believe that no one under 21 isn't purchasing or bringing alcohol to football games? Especially in the tailgating area.[/quote]

Purchasing, yes. Bringing in? I don't know for certain. Kids will find a way but UMPD has things pretty well under control. It's no different than the issues they deal with in the dorms on a daily basis.[/quote]

dunbar: I agree with you the UMPD has always done a very good job over the years in controlling alcohol on campus. Also agree if there is a will there is a way for students under 21 to get alcohol one way or another.

Do you think there are many students that get illegal identification age to purchase alcohol at football games?

If they did not allow alcohol at the football games for anybody, do you think that would lower attendance. No alcohol at tailgating?[/quote]

OMG coach. We have a parking lot for Alcohol tailgating that is free . We card those who are not of age to come into the alcohol tailgating area and now you wondering if we can eliminate alcohol completely and if attendance would be lower. Well it sure ain't going up. Where the heck are you going with this?
UMaine does a great job creating a fun environment keeps things in control unlike some other schools I have visited and yet this isn't good enough. I could see if you attended games and were bothered by some event but I have never seen any mention of you attending a game.
I know I can ignore your posts but sometimes it is hard as heck to do. :(
fafan

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:08 pm

fan
fafan wrote:[

Purchasing, yes. Bringing in? I don't know for certain. Kids will find a way but UMPD has things pretty well under control. It's no different than the issues they deal with in the dorms on a daily basis.[/quote]

If they did not allow alcohol at the football games for anybody, do you think that would lower attendance. No alcohol at tailgating?[/quote]

OMG coach. We have a parking lot for Alcohol tailgating that is free . We card those who are not of age to come into the alcohol tailgating area and now you wondering if we can eliminate alcohol completely and if attendance would be lower. Well it sure ain't going up. Where the heck are you going with this?
UMaine does a great job creating a fun environment keeps things in control unlike some other schools I have visited and yet this isn't good enough. I could see if you attended games and were bothered by some event but I have never seen any mention of you attending a game.
I know I can ignore your posts but sometimes it is hard as heck to do. :([/quote]

fafan: I understand where you are coming from and I understand your reasoning and appreciate it.

I just agree to disagree.

Here is where I am going with this.

Remember I am an unorthodox old time 79 plus year old thinker that just happens to believe the high school and college athletics and alcohol are not a good mix and has more negatives then positives if alcohol is available.

1. The D-1 College NCAA leaders do not allow alcohol at any post season events. Good enough for the leaders for the post season events should be good enough for their members during the regular season

2. Does UMaine allow alcohol sales at all home sporting events? Is football special and hockey special?

3. The key to "improving the fan experience for 2017-18" is WINNING. If there were no alcohol sales at football or hockey games and they were winning big like they have in the past would they outdraw the current situation in football and hockey with the alcohol sales?

4. Don't like alcohol at ANY sporting event at any level especially on college campuses with most of the students are under the legal drinking age.

5. Plus, Maine is public,state, land grant institution supported by Mainer's tax dollars

6. If it takes alcohol to improve the fans experience at UMaine athletic home events then in my opinion no wonder we have a drinking problem here in this state.

Just my old "nuttin" opinion. Just expressing it that is all.

My post isn't going to change anything about alcohol at football and hockey.

Sorry if I got you all riled up.
bcbc55

Postby TAL1957 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:05 pm

SO ...... !!!!!! What was the topic here ?? Didn't somebody from the Athletic Department reach out here with a pretty basic question ? And now it's all about answering Totally Irrelevant questions about something completely different, repeatedly and over, and over, and over again !!!

Another thread line hijacked and derailed !! :? :? :cry: :cry:

F-A-N ... E-X-P-E-R-I-E-N-C-E suggestions anyone ??????????????????????? :roll: :roll: :roll:
TAL1957

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics