Basketball - Women: 2017-18:

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: UMaine Basketball - Women: 2017-18:

Postby WFVX » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:32 am

Maine women's basketball picked sixth in America East preseason poll

ORONO - On the heels of back-to-back appearances in the America East women's basketball championship game, the Maine Black Bears may have their work cut out for them. At least, that's how the rest of the conference views it.

http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/22 ... eason-poll
WFVX

Postby BDN » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:57 am

UMaine women sixth, men last in America East preseason basketball polls

...The women return three starters in AE All-Rookie Team selection Blanca Millan, who averaged 8.6 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.6 assists a year ago, along with guard Tanesha Sutton (7.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.6 apg) and forward Fanny Wadling (5 ppg, 3.7 rpg). Freshman Julie Brosseau (6.8 ppg, 1.7 rpg) also saw significant minutes.

UMaine must replace three-time, All-AE first-team guard Sigi Koizar (14.1 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg) and Laia Sole (9.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg), who was an All-Rookie team selection and the winner of the AE Sixth Player Award.

Sole is one of five Black Bears who transferred after the season. Four of the five were freshmen.

Interim head coach Amy Vachon has five newcomers on the roster and Parise Rossignol of Van Buren has returned to the team after leaving it following the 2015-2016 season.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/10/20/s ... all-polls/
BDN

Postby mainah57 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:44 am

Does anyone know if Saturday's exhibition game against Stonehill will be streamed (or at least an audio broadcast by Don)?

Can't make the game in person but would love to see how this year's team is shaping up.
mainah57

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:57 pm

mainah57 wrote:Does anyone know if Saturday's exhibition game against Stonehill will be streamed (or at least an audio broadcast by Don)?

Can't make the game in person but would love to see how this year's team is shaping up.

mainah57: On the men's and women's schedules on goblackbears website it is not listed as of now to be broadcast or streamed for either Maine team.

Usually, it is listed on that site if it is going to be streamed or broadcast live. However, it is only Monday so it could appear sometime between now and Friday if either game or both games are going to be streamed or broadcast.

Remember these are only exhibition games.

If not streamed then I will make my way to the Cross Insurance Center.

Hope this helps as far as info goes.
bcbc55

Postby mainah57 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:27 pm

Unfortunately, it looks like there are still no watch or listen links appearing for Saturday's exhibition game. I checked back on last year's exhibition game against Stonehill, and it seems there was no video or audio streaming for that one as well, so it seems likely that there are no plans for streaming it. Bummer. I was hoping to get to hear my first Don Shields 'Bingo' of the year... ;)

On the positive side, it seems that the first few regular season games are listed as being broadcast on ESPN3 (even the one vs. UMFK, which was surprising to me...). I've had generally good experiences with the ESPN3 platform for UMaine WBB game streaming (when I can't make it in person), so it's nice to see more and more games being available there. Downside is that it probably means less listeners for Don, but I'm sure there are still a few old school folks who will prefer the traditional audio over the ESPN3 streaming.

In lieu of any audio or video for the Stonehill game, I suppose I'll be limited to following along with the Live Stats... :-/
mainah57

Postby UMaine » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:00 am

Amy Vachon‏ @coachamyvachon
Less than 48 hours until @BlackBearsWBB game at the cross!! See you Saturday!! #blackbearnation
TEAM PHOTO: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNG03K0VwAEjVQF.jpg
UMaine

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics