UMaine Football Leads the Way !!

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

UMaine Football Leads the Way !!

Postby TAL1957 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:10 pm

How about a few POSITIVE thread lines that are all about Lovin UMaine Sports !! ??

UMaine Football is currently leading the charge of providing a Great Sport, with Great Potential, and a Great Head Coach !!!!

How can ya not LOVE what is Happening in UMaine Football !!!!

Keeping it Simple for the pretty basic fans like me .....

We got a Great QB competition heading into the early season kick-off. I'm really wondering about this transfer-in kid .... ????

We got some pretty solid running backs ....

AND, who can we learn to love down in the trenches, OL or DL ????? Who Ya Got ????
TAL1957

Re: UMaine Football Leads the Way !!

Postby maine612 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:25 pm

TAL,

Completely agree. Can't wait for the season. Still can't believe they are going to play at Fenway.

I am also hoping Staver has something to offer. Otherwise, why bring him in at all?

maine612

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:54 am

maine612 wrote: I am also hoping Staver has something to offer. Otherwise, why bring him in at all?

That is one of the key questions for me as well. I am really thinking/hoping this kid has moved to UMaine for really, really good reasons. ????

AND I Always want us to have a kid who can routinely kick 30-yd Field Goals !!

Shouldn't that be an easy role to fill every year ????
TAL1957

Postby maine612 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:42 am

hoping they solved the kicking problem with the new recruit. Need to make all XP and most reasonable field goals to compete. Seems everyone we play has someone who drills the 49 yarder into the wind going into halftime every game... we need that weapon.

maine612

Postby Blind Zebra » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:59 pm

Really excited about this team! As mentioned on another thread, Maine has excellent receivers, a stud running back/solid back up. The offensive line should be the best we've had in years. Returning 4 of 5 starters and adding the big juco center to replace Andrews. The freshman G they have coming in, Liam Dobson is going to be stud. Solid depth and talent. Veteran leadership. Just have to solve the QB puzzle. Defensively, some questions on the line but the back seven is very deep and talented. Sterling Sheffield and Manny Patterson are all first team all conference caliber.
Blind Zebra

Postby thebam » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Really excited about this team! As mentioned on another thread, Maine has excellent receivers, a stud running back/solid back up. The offensive line should be the best we've had in years. Returning 4 of 5 starters and adding the big juco center to replace Andrews. The freshman G they have coming in, Liam Dobson is going to be stud. Solid depth and talent. Veteran leadership. Just have to solve the QB puzzle. Defensively, some questions on the line but the back seven is very deep and talented. Sterling Sheffield and Manny Patterson are all first team all conference caliber.

Based on everything you said about RB and the OLine.. this puzzle might not be as complicated. Manage the game and don't make mistakes. The QB won't necessarily have to " win" games, but just don't lose them. This should be a hell of a year. Can't wait to see them in action.
thebam

Postby maine612 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:49 pm

looking forward to special teams too! We have some dynamic players who can do special things in the open field. As far as QB, need someone that can throw the ball to our fast receivers. One of the best compliment of receivers I can remember at Maine. Need a good tight end too to catch balls in the middle.

maine612

Postby parquetfloor » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:52 am

Has anyone seen any practices? Would love to hear some updates.
parquetfloor

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:49 pm

parquetfloor wrote:Has anyone seen any practices? Would love to hear some updates.

Yeah. Gotta be some Really Interesting Spring Practice stuff going on. Like them just doing what they do, but gotta wonder who's lookin good ???
TAL1957

Postby GoBlackBears » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:25 pm

GoBlackBears

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics