Bernstein Leaving UMaine

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: Bernstein Leaving UMaine

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:44 pm

PF, TAL,thebam, manny99, and all other of my critics:

It is really fun to get all of you so upset that you just have to respond in such negative posts and childish callin names.

Just can't help yourselves can you?
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:52 pm

bcbc55 wrote:PF, TAL,thebam, manny99, and all other of my critics:

It is really fun to get all of you so upset that you just have to respond in such negative posts and childish callin names.

*Sigh* :|
mainejeff

Postby Pirates79 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:22 am

Coach. STFU and get a new hobby. Aaaaaaargh, some one make him stop! PLEASE.
Pirates79

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:06 am

UMaine Men’s Basketball Guard Bernstein is Transferring

Ryan Bernstein is leaving the UMaine men’s basketball program. Because of injuries and attrition the sophomore guard was forced into the starting lineup for 29 of the 32 games.

But, in this case, the transfer may stem from not having an athletic scholarship.

Bernstein was a non-scholarship walk-on two years ago. At this point may have thought he deserved one.

- http://wabi.tv/2017/04/04/umaine-mens-b ... nsferring/

- http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/19 ... o-transfer
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby fafan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:23 am

mainejeff wrote:

*Sigh* :|

For those of you bite the bait and find yourselves responding to Coach Cims comments all you need to do is use the block function it can save you a lot of despair. Go to user control panel and click on friends and foes, that simple, you will find this board this much more entertaining. ;)
fafan

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:30 am

...He averaged 26.8 minutes per contest — third most for the Black Bears — and played a team-high 856 minutes during the 2016-17 season.

“Obviously he was a walk-on, and he was struggling to pay for school and he expressed that to me that paying for school was becoming harder and harder,” said University of Maine men’s basketball coach Bob Walsh. “He wants a scholarship so he’s making the move hoping to get a scholarship and we wish him the best.”

The 20-year-old Bernstein was expected to see time as a reserve point guard this season but his minutes increased markedly when junior guard and tri-captain Aaron Calixte suffered a foot fracture during a pre-Thanksgiving practice and played in just five games before undergoing surgery and being sidelined for the remainder of the winter.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/04/04/s ... l-program/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Hookem4 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:53 am

MBR bloggers: "UMaine bball stinks! They need good players! Why don't they recruit good players?"

Also MBR bloggers: "They didn't offer him a scholarship? WHAT? Loyalty is dead and gone!"

Bernstein was a bulldog for us but he's not a starter on a respectable Division I team - Coach Walsh knows that and acted accordingly.

With that being said - good luck to Ryan and hopefully he finds a good offer somewhere!
Hookem4

Postby mainejeff » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:56 am

Bentley!
mainejeff

Postby hoopsisme » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:49 am

I don't blame him for leaving. He played all those minutes and was not compensated. He went through all the preseason, off season, etc just like the rest of his teammates. Not a star but he worked hard. Coaching staff needs to reevaluate who checks get written to. If a player is getting those minutes he has every right to a scholarship. Maybe if he punched someone he could get $$!
hoopsisme

Postby thebam » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:15 am

We've been over this before. I don't name call. Furthermore, just because I disagree with you , doesn't make me a " critic". I simply don't agree with some of your assessments.
thebam

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics