Bernstein Leaving UMaine

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: Bernstein Leaving UMaine

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:50 pm

parquetfloor wrote:Wow. That's really all there is to say about that rant. Just wow.

Guess what Bob. I bet UMaine didn't do a release when he decided to walk on either. You know why? The NCAA prohibits it. You can only comment on people that sign the NLI. A walk on doesn't sign one of those.

PF: So am I wrong again? Ryan Bernstein didn't deserve a scholarship????????????????????????????????????????????????
bcbc55

Postby Manny99 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:51 pm

bcbc55 - I've got to agree with Parquet here. That was an epic rant. You can't have it both ways. Imagine if the coaches had given Boz a scholarship - you would have had a rant regardless, something along the lines of

"What is the current staff doing giving ANOTHER scholarship to a GUARD!!!!!!!!!!! They have too many guards, no wonder they can't win giving away VALUABLE scholarships to WALK-ONS!!!!!!" They need a POST PLAYER..... " Perhaps that scholarship you want to give to Boz is earmarked for a 'difference maker'?

The UM Men's staff seems to be "damned if they do, damned if they don't" when it comes to you. As Rick Pitino used to say "The Negativity in this town Sucks!" Replace 'in this town' with 'from bcbc55''. Instead of complaining, contribute. Donate some $$ to the Men's team to upgrade facilities, provide support for the kids, offer to scout some league teams, etc. There is a lot you could do to help.

Manny99

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:30 pm

[quote="Manny99"]bcbc55 - I've got to agree with Parquet here. That was an epic rant. You can't have it both ways. Imagine if the coaches had given Boz a scholarship - you would have had a rant regardless, something along the lines of

"What is the current staff doing giving ANOTHER scholarship to a GUARD!!!!!!!!!!! They have too many guards, no wonder they can't win giving away VALUABLE scholarships to WALK-ONS!!!!!!" They need a POST PLAYER..... " Perhaps that scholarship you want to give to Boz is earmarked for a 'difference maker'?

The UM Men's staff seems to be "damned if they do, damned if they don't" when it comes to you. As Rick Pitino used to say "The Negativity in this town Sucks!" Replace 'in this town' with 'from bcbc55''. Instead of complaining, contribute. Donate some $$ to the Men's team to upgrade facilities, provide support for the kids, offer to scout some league teams, etc. There is a lot you could do to help. '
99[/quot

99: just join the club of attacking me for my long unorthodox ranting posts. Don't like them, then don't read them.

Money is not going to help this program, unless if it went to buying out Walsh's contract. Yeah right like that is ever going to happen?

They have got the best AE Home facility in the conference and the renovated "PIT" is an excellent practice facility.

You know as well as I do that there is only one thing that is going to improve this program.

I said from day one and wrote in my "Bangor Daily News: weekly basketball "Off the Rim" column a year ago in May that because of the lateness of the time to hire a new coach that they should have hired 9 year associate head coach Doug Leichner as a one year interim head coach.

Then if they were not happy with him then they would at least have had the proper amount of time to find a qualified D-1 head or assistant coach instead of rushing to hire a D-3 out-of-state coach.

Chris Markwood former South Portland High player who went to Notre Dame and then transferred to Maine for his junior and senior years as was an assistant at the very successful AE Rival Vermont couldn't even get an on campus interview. He was only skyped.

He is currently the associate head coach at Northeastern.

ANOTHER LONG RANT COMPLETED.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:45 pm

SHORT RANT: Bangor Daily News currently has article on Bernstein transferring.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby Manny99 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:02 pm

The guilty conscience needs no accuser. I am not attacking you, I am pointing out that if Maine Men's basketball says Hot, you say Cold. If UMBB says Red, you say Green. If they say Up, you say Down. I took the time to go back through some of your rants, errr, posts to see if I missed anything. Read through your very own words objectively, and tell MBR Land that you are not talking out both sides of your mouth. These are direct bcbc55 quotes from the thread regarding the next years prospects. It is really incredible to re-read:

Tue 3/28; 5:14 PM - "They do have 1 scholarship available.Hopefully for a BIG, 6'9" 230 type." But give Boz a scholarship anyways?

Tue 3/28 7:35 PM "Hopefully they are better than some of the scholarship players listed below.."(to which you had Boz rated #8 on the team. So in your mind, he must not be very good.) But give him a scholarship anyway?)
Same thread - "11 guards 1 center 3 forwards 1 scholarship available hopefully a BIG @ 6'9" 230lbs." – But give away a scholarship to a walk on?
Thur 3/30 9:12 PM - "imposter: No I can't believe that, another guard!" – But give Boz a scholarship anyway?
Fri 3/31 6:32 PM - "Just what Maine needs another guard! If this guard then signs they will have 12 guards available out of their 16 man roster and only 4 front court players. 1 center, EZE and 3 forwards Er, Ilija S. and Fleming. So if this additional JUCO signs and Bernstein is gone then Miane still has 1 scholarship available to hold out for a BIG at 6'9" 230 unless there are more transfers. Maine needs BIGS not more 6'5 guards." – But give a 6’0 walk on a scholarship?

Sat 4/01 5:23 PM - "If they can get the Lee Big it would be a lot better than getting another JUCO guard that they have already offered too regardless of his defensive ability right now." – But give a walk on 6 ft guard a scholarship?

Then in a separate rant, errrr post, you absolutely KILL Coach Walsh for no loyalty? Carve up the staff for not rewarding a walk on who got major minutes solely due to injury on a 4 win team? I'm sure that Ryan Bernstein is an outstanding young man. He worked his tail off. And as heartwarming as it would be for him to be rewarded with a scholarship, doing so is not what would be considered good business. Re-read your posts above. And quit complaining that they have too many guards but don't use a scholarship on a 6 ft walk on guard. You are making yourself look like and sound like you are a bitter, scorned, confused blogger. You can do better. Instead of complaining, contribute.

Manny99

Postby Manny99 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:05 pm

bcbc55 wrote:SHORT RANT: Bangor Daily News currently has article on Bernstein transferring. No reasons given by either Bernstein or Walsh.

Walsh would only confirm Bernstein transferring had no further comment.

BDN made the contact, not the University Athletic or Basketball program.

Why in the world would the University Athletic or Basketball program "make contact?" What do you want them to do? Don't you think that the staff has had a conversation with Boz? Do you want them to release a transcript of that conversation? Bcbc55, quite frankly it's Nacho. As in "Nacho business"
Manny99

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:39 pm

99: Your right. just ignore my rants. I don't why you guys just let me upset you so much?

OK You tell me what the current UMaine men's basketball staff has done right in the past three seasons! Go ahead and list them. it might take you a second or 2.

It may seem to you guys that I just am the opposite of what they do and you are absolutely correct as they have done nothing of any consequence to improve the program since they have had 3 years to do. It is keeps going from bad to worse to terrible. Multiple transfers last year, fights, attempted coverups, indefinite unfair suspensions, 1 transfe(rs) starting this year, lack of transparency when negative things happen and not even talking about their won-lost record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS MY UNORTHODOX, senile old basketball mind tells me I really don't care what other people think of me as far as basketball is concerned, Never have as a player. coach of official. So stop trying to get me to change my mind or opinions on anything to do with basketball at any level.

So why do you read my RANTS. They must be habit forming for you guys.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:57 pm

TAL1957 wrote:Nature knows no Bitterness like the old outdated HS coach who gets scorned and ignored. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TAL: I am not bitter.I am old and outdated. I am well scorned BUT I am not IGNORED. Especially here on MBR as my scorners respond to most every post I post.

Additional proof that I am not ignored as whose MBR thread that continually stays on the first page that has the most views?

CIM's Latest BLOG with over 25,000 views, so if that is being ignored then I will take it.

TAL you are never going to get the last word with me here on MBR as I have more time on my hands than you do.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Posted 12:44pm
Right up-to-date as of 7:38pm

WALK ON BERNSTEIN LEAVES UMAINE MEN'S BASKETBALL PROGRAM

Ryan Bernstein takes the high road in his comments to the BDN on his transfer.

" I would like to thank the University of Maine for past 2 years they've given me, but I have decided to go to a new school next year" he wrote in his tweet.
===================================================
University of Maine head men's basketball coaches comments:

"Obviously he was without a scholarship and he was struggling to pay for school and he explained to me paying for school was becoming harder and harder", said University of Maine men's basketball coach Bob Walsh.

"He wants a scholarship so he'll make this move hoping to get a scholarship and we wish him the best".

"He played extremely hard everyday and was able to contribute. He took advantage of his opportunities".

"WE ARE NOT ABLE TO OFFER HIM A SCHOLARSHIP AT THIS POINT. IT'S THAT SIMPLE".

Unquote

Read the entire article on line now at bangordailynews.com or read it in the BDN on tomorrow's sports page.

===================================================
So the reason Bernstein leaves is that he needs a scholarship and MAINE DOESN'T HAVE ONE AVAILABLE FOR HIM at this point. It's that simple!

After he lead the team and all his scholarship teammates in minutes played this season with 858 minutes. He also was third in average minutes per game this season and last year ahead of all but 2 scholarshipped players each year.

What about the 2 scholarships that are/were available that were offerred?

Or have the 6'5" JUCO transfer guard and the 6'10" post player from Lee prep accepted Maine's offers?

If that is the case then there are no scholarships left.

So, to bad. But to me it appears that.... elevator, elevator Bernstein got the shaft!
Last edited by bcbc55 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bcbc55

Postby parquetfloor » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:55 pm

Right on 99...
parquetfloor

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics