Bernstein Leaving UMaine

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Bernstein Leaving UMaine

Postby Blind Zebra » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Boz Bernstein is transferring from UMaine at the end of the semester. He tweeted this out about an hour ago.
Blind Zebra

Re: Bernstein Leaving UMaine

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Boz Bernstein is transferring from UMaine at the end of the semester. He tweeted this out about an hour ago.

BZ: Thank you. You are usually accurate with your posts.

So is "dunbar".

No news of this any place else right now, nothing on goblackbears., com Men's Basketball News or any local news media, radio, TV or print.

So if true. Any stated reasons from "BOZ" leaving Like:

1. Maine signing a JUCO guard and offering a JUCO guard along with 10 guards returning including Bernstein

2. That gives them 12 guards of 16 players if Boz leaves and 13 guards of 17 players if he had stayed and they sign the JUCO guard they have offered.

3, Did Boz not get a scholarship after 2 years as a walk on who got plenty of minutes both years and played very hard for them in tough situations. He certainly had earned one with all the minutes he had to play as a walk on

4. Did Bernstein think he can move up like Vann, Little and Eke did last spring when they transferred? Will that be the official statement from Maine again?????

Is this just the start of more transfers like last spring??????????

Every mile walked starts with just one first step!

Want to guess how long UMaine will keep this quiet before they officially announce Bernstein wanting to transfer?
bcbc55

Postby parquetfloor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:11 pm

bcbc55 wrote:No news of this any place else right now, nothing on goblackbears., com Men's Basketball News or any local news media, radio, TV or print.

So if true.

Want to guess how long UMaine will keep this quiet before they officially announce Bernstein wanting to transfer?

Seriously? He tweeted it out himself not long ago. First, how could it not be true if the kid himself actually said it and secondly, do you expect a news reporter or someone to already have it and printed it???

Keep it quiet? Why? The school has always been forthcoming about players transferring out (women just a couple weeks ago...hello) and last year with the men.

Your conspiracy theory is way off on this one and makes zero sense.
parquetfloor

Postby blackbearfan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:35 pm

boz was not offered a scholarship for next year that is what is being said
blackbearfan

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 pm

blackbearfan wrote:boz was not offered a scholarship for next year that is what is being said

bbf: THanks, that is what I had figured out. Don't blame him a bit. He performed as well as he could and played many minutes in tough situations and sometimes played all 40 minutes.He has earned a scholarship. Great loyalty by the coaching staff.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:58 pm

parquetfloor wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:No news of this any place else right now, nothing on goblackbears., com Men's Basketball News or any local news media, radio, TV or print.

So if true.

Seriously? He tweeted it out himself not long ago. First, how could it not be true if the kid himself actually said it and secondly, do you expect a news reporter or someone to already have it and printed it???

Keep it quiet? Why? The school has always been forthcoming about players transferring out (women just a couple weeks ago...hello) and last year with the men.

Your conspiracy theory is way off on this one and makes zero sense.

PF: Great way to handle this transfer situation. AD AND COACH WHO UNDERSTAND POSITIVE PUBLIC RELATIONS WOULD OR AT LEAST SHOULD WANT TO BE OUT AHEAD OF A PLAYERS TWEETING ABOUT HIS TRANSFER.

"dunbar" had this Thursday, March 30th and BZ had it today.

I ask again how long did the AD and coach know about the time the player asked for his release (just like last years men's and this year's women's also) to the time that they will be officially announcing his request.

They had to know before the player when they granted his request. So when do you think they will officially announce this release to transfer this time?

It is not official to the public until Maine announces it.

Just like the AD and coach hoping the men's "BREAK INCIDENT" wouldn't get out and hoping to keeping that under wraps until they knew it was going to get out.

So then they reacted.

About as transparent as a SOLID STEEL WALL.

Let's hope that the AD and coaches think that not too many people care about the men's basketball program based on their last few home games where they had less the a couple of hundred actual bodies in the seats... they are PROBABLY RIGHT, just the ones that are here on MBR....so why rush this news?
Last edited by bcbc55 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby parquetfloor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:13 pm

He's not on scholarship!!!! There is no release needed unless the rules have changed. The release is to get someone out of a scholarship and allow them to talk to other schools.

Who gives a crap if a walk on announced via twitter that he was leaving the school? I mean, it would be like dunbar tweeting that he was leaving...he's just a student at Maine. Technically, that's all Bernstein is as well. There are tons of NCAA rules about what a walk-on is allowed to do and can't do as well.

All you do is try to make mountains out of mole hills.
parquetfloor

Postby mainejeff » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Looks like Walsh is getting more serious about winning games.
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:52 pm

parquetfloor wrote:He's not on scholarship!!!! There is no release needed unless the rules have changed. The release is to get someone out of a scholarship and allow them to talk to other schools.

Who gives a crap if a walk on announced via twitter that he was leaving the school? I mean, it would be like dunbar tweeting that he was leaving...he's just a student at Maine. Technically, that's all Bernstein is as well. There are tons of NCAA rules about what a walk-on is allowed to do and can't do as well.

All you do is try to make mountains out of mole hills.

PF: I give a crap! FOR BERNSTEIN.

I do make mountains out of molehills when they aren't mole hills but are mountains. It is not too hard to make a mountain out of a UMaine men's basketball programs mole hill, believe me. Especially if the statements here on MBR are true that Ryan Bernstein is transferring and that he was not offered one of the 2 available scholarships for next year THAN:
SO:
Maine had 3 scholarship available as there were 3 seniors leaving the program. So they gave one to JUCO Transfer coming in Isaiah White so that left 2. But if they gave one to Bernstein who really earned and deserved one then that meant they only had 1 left for the 2 players that they have currently offered to.

Evidently the UMaine men's program doesn't or didn't think loyalty is a two way street in not giving Ryan Bernstein a scholarship when there is one available after his two walk on years where he performed night in night out against much bigger, more athletic and quicker D-1 athletic basketball players.

Because of all the injuries and the "BREAK INCIDENT" he was forced to play between many minutes per game during the last 4 or 5 game of the season. He was third in minutes played behind Myers and Fleming as a walk on in overall and conference games.

He was the hardest, most tireless worker, AND the most unselfish teammate than any of his scholarship teammates and he was playing the toughest position on the floor at point guard where he gave great leadership and tried to make his teammates better as he usually was the leader in assists.

He was a true example of a student athlete as he played for the love of the game and not for a scholarship like his scholarship teammates.

He never was an embarrassment to the program he was nothing but a great big plus despite his size. He doesn't get an available scholarship, yet the 4 players returning from the "Break Incident" if they return are keeping their scholarships.

He was a student like any other non scholarship student attending UMaine, but he gave a lot more back for nothing then most college students do as a walk on player who got major minutes during his freshmen and sophomore years.

Ryan Bernstein...elevator, elevator you got the SHAFT.

If this post makes me even crazier then many here on MBR think I am with my very unorthodox basketball thinking than so be it. I know right from wrong and this is a big mountain of a wrong.

As my old officiating, coaching and playing motto was Aaron Tippens old country song, 'IF YOU DO NOT STAND FOR SOMETHING YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING".

I know the UMaine men's coaching staff members are small in physical height stature but not giving Ryan Bernstein a scholarship when there is one available and not yet used before they have offered two players who have as yet not signed, makes the staff even so much smaller to me if they didn't offer Bernstein the available scholarship where your size is extremely important when you can do something about it by doing the right thing by rewarding hard work, effort, desire, sacrifice for the good of the whole, something called LOYALTY, which appears to be a mountain of having just one side.

If I am making a mountain out of a UMaine mole hill, then so be it.

As a Maine fan it has been very hard too take the losing, the Supervising of Substituting, the using of too many players, the poor coaching decisions, the excuses, the blaming the players, the constant complaining to officials during games, but I can not take in any shape, manner or form not being FAIR to players.

Very. very disappointing afo not offering Bernstein a scholarship after all he had done for the program is a lot worse than the 17-74 won lost record the past three seasons.

Wonder if the AD approves how this was handled?

I know D-1 basketball is big business and it is all about the winning to make money, but sometimes doing the right thing is more important then winning to make the money.

OR EVEN TO SAVE YOUR JOB(S).

Still time left to do the right thing and bring Ryan Bernstein in and tell him that you made a big mistake and were wrong not to offer him a scholarship from the 2 that are available that he has earned and deserved and offer him one NOW.
bcbc55

Postby parquetfloor » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:50 am

Wow. That's really all there is to say about that rant. Just wow.

Guess what Bob. I bet UMaine didn't do a release when he decided to walk on either. You know why? The NCAA prohibits it. You can only comment on people that sign the NLI. A walk on doesn't sign one of those.
parquetfloor

Next

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics