Umaine media coverage deficiencies

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Umaine media coverage deficiencies

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:18 am

mainah57 wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:IF THE BASKETBALL PROGRAMS ARE GOING TO LOSE, THEN LET'S LOSE WITH FORMER MAINE HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS.
... LOSING WITH NON MAINERS WHO MAINERS HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WITH AND CANNOT IDENTIFY WITH THEM AT ALL .... This way we could at least keep the scholarship money in Maine.


Yikes, Cim. I was hoping someone would call you out on this ridiculous and borderline-xenophobic post, but it seems like most of MBR has tuned you out by now. (Can't say that I blame them...)

Mainers have "nothing in common with non-Mainers"? Can't "identify with them at all"? Do you really think the average Maine basketball fan is thinking "ugh, that out-of-stater Liz Wood is someone I could never relate to.... but Courtney Anderson, she represents me!" I'm going to go with NO.

I have an idea... let's kick off all the non-Mainers from the WBB team next year!!! Let's just give 100% of the playing time to our good ol' "relatable Mainers" (we can even bring on a few walk-ons from the intramural basketball teams!)! Let's see how that goes!

I love Maine as much as the next person, but dude... I really hope this post is a joke.
Yep m-57 (Nice # by the way !!), on this incessant, over and over and over again rant by the old, xenophobic man, and once again irrelevant to the topic at hand, most of us on here have "tried" to tune the old guy out. And Nope, unfortunately this is not a joke on his part (well, in many ways it kinda is ? just not intentional on his part - he really does think this way), but just the same old, same old, same old xenophobic dead horse that this guy continues to pound on and pound on and pound on, over and over and over again, REGARDLESS of the actual topic posted. It's pretty hopeless, and actually very very sad really. :( :cry: :cry:

He'll now respond with the same old, same old, or switch it over to one of his other oft-repeated, off-topic and irrelevant rant lines.
Ten, nine, eight, 7, 6, 5, 4, ...... here it goes .......
TAL1957
 
Posts: 4828
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: Umaine media coverage deficiencies

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:32 pm

To My Critics: Careful you maybe just what you think I am, INSANE.

Mainers vs. Non Mainers
Mens
Last winning season: 2009-10: 3 Mainers started and 2 more would have if they had not left program.

Last Time to America East Final: Mainer Andy Bedard injured in semi-finals, Maine loses in Final 1999-2000

Womens
Mainers Cindy Blodgett, Amy Vachon and Emily Ernest years of success.

Sigi Koizar 4 years played at Stearns High School for a year and is an adoptive Mainer who without Maine would have not done very well without her the last 4 years. As if she hadn't played at Stearns she never would have played at UMaine....she was an adoptive Mainer and it was because of Maine high school basketball that she ever played at Maine n the first place.

I rest my case about success with Mainers vs. Non-Mainers in recent UMaine basketball without having to gp back into the times when the UMaine men and women success with using 90% Maine players under Brian McCall in the 1960's for the men's success in the olde Yankeee Conference and also when Peter Gavett's women's team dominated the old Sea Coast Conference with all Mainers. in the late 70's early 80's.

Maine has been more successful using Mainers than non-Mainers throughout the history of both programs.

My critics: name the years that they have been more successful with non-Mainers than with Mainers in the history of having winning and successful seasons.

However, seeing my critics don't want to go back and know and learn their history about the times when Maine basketball was more successful using mostly Mainers, you have what you have that you accuse me of, "Doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results is the definition in this case of basketball insanity"....so that must make my critics on this subject just as insane as they think I am.

"It certainly is correct, that "it takes one to know one"!
Last edited by bcbc55 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9772
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Re: Umaine media coverage deficiencies

Postby thebam » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:39 pm

One could make the case that the Men's program has almost NEVER been really successful. ZERO championships . Appearances in conference title games has been sporatic throughout time. Currently , the program has bottomed out. 20 win seasons have been nearly non existent. So, to make an argument about success with Mainers or Non Mainers is very very difficult to do in actuality.
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: Umaine media coverage deficiencies

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:30 pm

thebam wrote:One could make the case that the Men's program has almost NEVER been really successful. ZERO championships . Appearances in conference title games has been sporatic throughout time. Currently , the program has bottomed out. 20 win seasons have been nearly non existent. So, to make an argument about success with Mainers or Non Mainers is very very difficult to do in actuality.


thebam: I realize how difficult it is, but the history shows that there has been more successful with using Mainers then non-Mainers in both programs, especially the women's side of the basketball.

The women have had their success, but it was mostly with Mainers as history shows.

What liitle success the men's program has had is also mostly with Mainers as history shows.

If people don't know history then it tends to keep repeating itself as it is at both of the UMaine basketball programs and this is what my critics and both coaching staffs at UMaine don't seem to or even want to undrstand or even to look at.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9772
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Re: Umaine media coverage deficiencies

Postby thebam » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:50 pm

I think the impasse you and I have on this , and I am only referring to the Men, is when we drill down to what is considered " successful". I don't think there have been enough " successful" seasons to have a fair sample size to support or debunk your argument. Looking back thru the records, it's been largely pathetic for the men's program.
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: Umaine media coverage deficiencies

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:54 pm

thebam wrote:I think the impasse you and I have on this , and I am only referring to the Men, is when we drill down to what is considered " successful". I don't think there have been enough " successful" seasons to have a fair sample size to support or debunk your argument. Looking back thru the records, it's been largely pathetic for the men's program.


thebam: I agree with the impasse. Men have certainly not been successful when only 2 head ooaches have winning .500 records since 1949.

However, when the men have had their best individual seasons they were with Mainers playing not Mainers that is all I am saying.

There is no question that the women's program have been the most successful with Mainers playing not non Mainers.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9772
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Re: Umaine media coverage deficiencies

Postby waltwhite » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:47 pm

bcbc55 wrote:
thebam wrote:I think the impasse you and I have on this , and I am only referring to the Men, is when we drill down to what is considered " successful". I don't think there have been enough " successful" seasons to have a fair sample size to support or debunk your argument. Looking back thru the records, it's been largely pathetic for the men's program.


thebam: I agree with the impasse. Men have certainly not been successful when only 2 head ooaches have winning .500 records since 1949.

However, when the men have had their best individual seasons they were with Mainers playing not Mainers that is all I am saying.

There is no question that the women's program have been the most successful with Mainers playing not non Mainers.


Maybe Maine men team should start to recruit in Asia. Yao Ming was a legend and he didn't go to college
waltwhite
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Umaine media coverage deficiencies

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:15 pm

waltwhite wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:
thebam wrote:I think the impasse you and I have on this , and I am only referring to the Men, is when we drill down to what is considered " successful". I don't think there have been enough " successful" seasons to have a fair sample size to support or debunk your argument. Looking back thru the records, it's been largely pathetic for the men's program.


thebam: I agree with the impasse. Men have certainly not been successful when only 2 head ooaches have winning .500 records since 1949.

However, when the men have had their best individual seasons they were with Mainers playing not Mainers that is all I am saying.

There is no question that the women's program have been the most successful with Mainers playing not non Mainers.


Maybe Maine men team should start to recruit in Asia. Yao Ming was a legend and he didn't go to college


W:" No, they wouldn't be interested he isn't a guard and he is not over 6'5".
bcbc55
 
Posts: 9772
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Re: Umaine media coverage deficiencies

Postby Linguist » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:22 am

and what does this have to do with a recap of the coverage of UMaine athletics by the media?

Bam and Bob do your comments add anything to further that discussion? Do you have anything on topic to add?
Linguist
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 8:56 am

Re: Umaine media coverage deficiencies

Postby thebam » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:34 am

I had comments on the subject when it first started, but then, mostly because I can't help myself, I got drug down the tracks of the runaway train.
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Bear, turkeyman and 60 guests