basketball__guy: Thanks for the e-mails

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

basketball__guy: Thanks for the e-mails

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:20 pm

Thank you basketball__guy!. I got all of your e-mails. I read your basketball one first. It will take me awhile to go through the other 3. Yours was very interesting. You are a big guy...basketball__guy.

I posted this as a new topic so that you know I got the emails.

Thanks again.

Bob
Last edited by bcbc55 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Re: basketball__guy: Thank for the e-mails

Postby thebam » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:23 pm

instead of just replying to the emails? hahaha. 8-)
thebam

Re: basketball__guy: Thanks for the e-mails

Postby parquetfloor » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:07 pm

You do know you can just hit reply on an email right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
parquetfloor

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:29 pm

parquetfloor wrote:You do know you can just hit reply on an email right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PF: Thanks for the help, I know that, but BB_Guy sent me 4 separate e-mails. So I wasn't go to reply on 4 e-mails it would be just as easy for me to do it on MBR and I knew it would get a rise out of some people here on MBR like anything else I post here on the University of Maine D-1 thread.

Just like I got a rise out of some when I intentionally misspelled some words on a post yesterday after I corrected somebody for spelling ONE word wrong, that I knew was spelled correctly.

Real fun to stir the pot a little here on MBR.

Thanks again for trying to help an old senile senior basketball citizen, much appreciated.
bcbc55

Postby Countryboy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Get a room, you two :o
Countryboy

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Countryboy wrote:Get a room, you two :o

countryboy: JEALOUS????????????????????????????????????????

Don't blame basketball-__guy, he didn;t post the post, I did, but I'm a real old senile basketball senior citizen who can take all you guys can dish out.

What's that old saying,? " YOU can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the COUNTRY out of the boy"?

Play with the bull Countryboy you could get the horns!!!!!

As my mother used to say, "If you haven't got anything nice to say (post) then don't say anything (post) at all".
bcbc55

Postby basketball_guy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Your welcome Bob. Now at least you know both my grandfather and I had 1A experience.....

Much more than some of these other clowns on here... :lol:
basketball_guy

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:30 pm

basketball_guy wrote:Your welcome Bob. Now at least you know both my grandfather and I had 1A experience.....

Charles: Couldn't agree with you more, now you can see what I have had to put up with for years and years. It is nice to have someone who finally thinks a lot like I do.

I hve been waiting a long time for a partner in basketball.

We are now on a two on I don't know how many fast break situation.

Thanks again for the great material that I can be a witness to your statements about D-1 experience for your grandfather and yourself.

You should be proud of grandfather and your D-1 accomplishments!
bcbc55

Postby basketball_guy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:59 pm

My grandfather was much more accomplished than I could have ever hoped for. Played for the legendary Pop Warner for four years at PITT. Won 29 straight games. Was an All-American at PITT and moved on to help start the NFL with George Halas, Jim Thorpe and a host of others back in 1920. Pitt won three consecutive National College championships over those four years from 1914 to 1918.

He actually went 8-2-1 for the Rock Island Independents where he beat the Chicago Bears twice and tied them
for 6 years between 1920 to 1926

Back then you did not play in the NFL for the money. God knows the Owner of the Rock Island never paid him for the 1923 season and that was when they went 8-2-1.

They wore leather helmets then and real spikes in their shoes. You could maim another player for life....

It was an interesting league in those days from what I have read about my grandfather...
basketball_guy

Postby thebam » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:54 am

basketball_guy wrote:Your welcome Bob. Now at least you know both my grandfather and I had 1A experience.....

At least most of us clowns understand the difference between 1A and 1AA , and that neither exist anymore. :roll:
thebam

Next

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics