Great Job Football STaff!!!!!!

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Great Job Football STaff!!!!!!

Postby HermonUMaineFan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:32 am

I want to say to those that read this board the coaching staff has really, really put together a good recruiting year. I have been reading on here that past few days about concerns with the overall selection of players (position numbers, etc) and feel that when all the final numbers do come in we will see that the balance and depth of this class will only strengthen our beloved Black Bears.
I want to say good work to those coaches that have been on the road since the loss at UNI. The ability to sell a school so far north with average at best facilities overall is great. The open stadium looks like a Texas High School stadium..... come on U Maine lets make ALfond a special place to play in and a place teams hate to come to. Anyway, the parents and athletes see something in the coaches.....lets go Bears!!
HermonUMaineFan

Re: Great Job Football STaff!!!!!!

Postby unhfan112 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:04 am

I'll have to give to the Umaine football coaching staff. I got a glimse at the new recruits and it looks like a good bunch of kids. I always respected the hard working football coaching staff at U of Maine. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Nice job Umaine Football coaches. Should be a fun year, and good game vs UNH...can't wait
unhfan112

Postby fafan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:41 pm

unhfan112 wrote:I'll have to give to the Umaine football coaching staff. I got a glimse at the new recruits and it looks like a good bunch of kids. I always respected the hard working football coaching staff at U of Maine. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Nice job Umaine Football coaches. Should be a fun year, and good game vs UNH...can't wait

Quick someone check unhfan's temperature :lol: Did we get the Nebraska player?

On a serious note isn't today the day that FSU must decide about their game with us??? Any news
MJ?
fafan

Postby mainejeff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:18 pm

fafan wrote:Quick someone check unhfan's temperature :lol: Did we get the Nebraska player?

On a serious note isn't today the day that FSU must decide about their game with us??? Any news
MJ?

The ex-Nebraska recruit is visiting Western Carolina this weekend (better hope that it isn't 70 and sunny ;) ).

Yes, a final answer should be forthcoming from FSU any day now.
mainejeff

Postby TAL1957 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:28 pm

mainejeff wrote:The ex-Nebraska recruit is visiting Western Carolina this weekend (better hope that it isn't 70 and sunny ;) ).
Uh-Oh, ....Big Time !!!!!!!
http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/weekend/28723?from=36hr_topnav_driving
Although maybe mid-60s won't seem all that nice ?
TAL1957

Postby SeaDogsFan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:44 pm

Yep, good talent coming in - good talent will leave and go to the NFL likely in 4 years (Maine DOES lead 1AA in NFL players.)

Now, the million-dollar question... Can they have a strong year?
"Brace yourself everyone. Here come the uneducated rants of fans that know what really happened but choose to revel in the obserdity" ~ ballerdad
SeaDogsFan

Postby mainejeff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:56 pm

This was a very good recruiting class with a lot of help at positions of need (DB, OL, WR, TE). I LOVE the fact that we recruited the heck out of of New Jersey ( ;) ).....that is a talent rich area! Congrats to the staff on a job nicely done! :)
mainejeff

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics