Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

New Cindy Blodgett

Postby JeffMESN » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:04 am

[img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u6/vhschola/a16e022b.jpg[/img]
MaineSportsNetwork.com
JeffMESN

Re: New Cindy Blodgett

Postby unhfan112 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:21 am

I'm sure Cindy is a really nice person. But please, someone needs to tell her to stop using the term "ya know". I can't handle it anymore. I counted 33 ya knows in this interview. I'm sorry, but part of being a big time DIV 1 coach is being able to speak to the media in big time fashion. Wow, 33. Almost matched the turnovers from last night.
unhfan112

Postby fafan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:31 pm

It used to bother me too when she used "ya know" as well. But now that I know how much it infuriates you UNH112, I will have take pleasure in hearing Cindy use the term "ya know" over & over :D
fafan

Postby thebam » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:55 pm

45 turnovers last night? against a 4 win team? ya know.. that is horrible. ya know, maybe we were all , ya know, right when we said she wasn't , ya know, qualified for this job. ya know, there is no , ya know , discipline. this late , ya know , in the year, there should not be this many turnovers.
horrible.

All kidding aside.. you can make the case that in women's Division I basketball, the University of Maine Black Bears are in fact the worst team in the country.
thebam

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:23 pm

fafan wrote:It used to bother me too when she used "ya know" as well. But now that I know how much it infuriates you UNH112, I will have take pleasure in hearing Cindy use the term "ya know" over & over :D

Amen to that! :)

And still a much better interview than Tim "the Comedic Zombie" Whitehead.
mainejeff

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:38 pm

thebam wrote:45 turnovers last night? against a 4 win team? ya know.. that is horrible. ya know, maybe we were all , ya know, right when we said she wasn't , ya know, qualified for this job. ya know, there is no , ya know , discipline. this late , ya know , in the year, there should not be this many turnovers.
horrible.

All kidding aside.. you can make the case that in women's Division I basketball, the University of Maine Black Bears are in fact the worst team in the country.

At this point, they probably are one of the 5 worst teams in the country. But ya know something.......they have a WALK-ON sophomore point guard from a Maine Class D school as their STARTING PG! :shock: Their senior Center doesn't even start! :shock: Most of the these young ladies can't throw a brick in the ocean! :shock: And now they are obviously playing out the string (this is where I fault Blodgegtt & staff.......they need to MOTIVATE this team!!!)

So now it's time to look to the future........help is on the way offensively with incoming guards Amber Smith from MA and Katelyn Vanderhoff from PA. They are both having terrific senior seasons and both are averaging over 20 ppg. The incoming forward Maner from FL has been inconsistent.....not sure how much immediate help she will be. And Rachele Burns from Gorham of course has had the injury issues.......if she can fully recover she WILL be a huge contributor and could even become Maine's starting PG next season.

So the problem is with forward and center positions. The cupboard is almost completely BARE as far as I'm concerned. I think that Baranowski will eventually be a decent center, but she has hit a brick wall on the court. Boser is hot and cold, but at least you can count on her for some quality minutes. Wheeler will be good, but she is also a freshman. Ross has been hampered by her injuries......sadly, I don't know if she will ever be the player that she could have been had she not had the knee injury. I know that the coaching staff is out there recruiting for the May signing period......I expect to see at least 2 more recruits signed this spring.

Next season as it stands now.......I see the following starting line-up:

PG - Burns (if fully recovered)
SG - Smith
F - Wheeler
F - Boser
C - Baranowski
mainejeff

Postby billzfan34 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Most of the these young ladies can't throw a brick in the ocean!

That's quite a throw to make from Orono,for anyone....maybe you can cut them some slack on that one...
Arrive...Raise Hell...Leave
billzfan34

Postby mainejeff » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:08 pm

billzfan34 wrote:
Most of the these young ladies can't throw a brick in the ocean!

That's quite a throw to make from Orono,for anyone....maybe you can cut them some slack on that one...

Why not?......it seems like EVERYONE at UMaine gets cut some SERIOUS slack! :roll: :roll: :roll:
mainejeff

Postby Archer Bunker » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 pm

Stop the bleeding get rid of Cindy, but don't do it now Jeff will get to upset wait until the end of the season.

AB
Archer Bunker

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics