Quinnipiac Men's Basketball coach fired

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Quinnipiac Men's Basketball coach fired

Postby hoopsisme » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:07 pm

After 10 seasons he got fired. Within the last couple years they were pretty good. Not great the last 2 seasons and see ya!!
hoopsisme

Re: Quinnipiac coach fired

Postby Blind Zebra » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Wow! Tom Moore is a great recruiter and a good coach. I'd take him in heartbeat. If he doesn't get another D1 head coaching gig, he'll be a top assistant for a high profile program.
Blind Zebra

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:39 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Wow! Tom Moore is a great recruiter and a good coach. I'd take him in heartbeat. If he doesn't get another D1 head coaching gig, he'll be a top assistant for a high profile program.

BZ: If he's a Men's coach. UMaine year after next...head coach possibility?

Questions for you?
UMaine Men's program

Will Myers return?

How many transfers out?

Right now how many scholarships available?

Beals, Pirovic, Reid-Knight thats 3 available, 1 to Isaiah White JUCO Transfer and one to Bernstein does that mean just 1 left?

With the one left a big maybe please, pretty please 6'9" or bigger?

Thanks in advance.
bcbc55

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:50 am

bcbc55 wrote:Questions for you?
UMaine Men's program

Will Myers return?

How many transfers out?

Right now how many scholarships available?

Beals, Pirovic, Reid-Knight thats 3 available, 1 to Isaiah White JUCO Transfer and one to Bernstein does that mean just 1 left?

With the one left a big maybe please, pretty please 6'9" or bigger?

Thanks in advance.
Read and Focus bc, Read and FOCUS !!
Could be a new record here even for bcbc - i.e., only took the third post on a TOPIC before it got taken completely OT and onto the same ol, same ol.

Any chance this goes back to simply talking about the Quinnipiac HC being "let go" ?
I.e., A possible candidate for UMaine down the road ? = Why in the world would he want to seek the UMaine job, especially after HC at Quinnipiac ???
What was he making at Quinnipiac ?
What might/will he make at his next job, Asst. or otherwise (prolly more, perhaps quite a bit more ?, than anything Maine might offer ?) ?
Was he "bought out" or did his contract simply end (I "assume" the former ?) ?
TAL1957

Postby fafan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:05 am

Leading the league in hijacked posts is bc55. Just checked on a couple of posts and they all go in a different direction when he takes over, really coach is that necessary :(
fafan

Re: Quinnipiac Men's Basketball coach fired

Postby mainejeff » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:01 am

Have you guys ever heard of ignoring someone? It's very easy to do on an on-line forum...they won't even know you are doing it! ;) Or do Baby Boomers just feel an incessant need to respond to EVERYTHING that they read? :| :roll:
mainejeff

Postby fafan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:14 am

Had forgotten all about that function and after figuring how to do it saw and an old name there, Nostrijamus :lol:
fafan

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:27 am

mainejeff wrote:Have you guys ever heard of ignoring someone? It's very easy to do on an on-line forum...they won't even know you are doing it! ;) Or do Baby Boomers just feel an incessant need to respond to EVERYTHING that they read? :| :roll:
A very old and very tired response.

When you go online, and visit MBR, and select a thread you'd like to read Based on the Title, it's kinda expected that title will largely reflect what is posted, AND what is being "discussed".

When someone consistently and frequently (= always ?) then takes any remotely connected thread into a completely different direction, with a clearly obvious agenda and bias, and repeats the same ol' same ol' for some reason, and pretty much ruins the thread line discussion that was going on, or even before it can gets started, then YES, it is appropriate to respond and ask that they try, at least TRY, to keep their comments consistent with the thread title. IMNSHO.

You want to discuss something else entirely, start a new thread with an appropriate title.
Have you guys evah heard of that - i.e., staying on topic. It's very easy to do on an on-line forum. Or do elderly folks just feel an incessant need to respond OT to EVERYTHING ... again, and again, and again ..... -> ..... ?
TAL1957

Postby mainejeff » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:53 am

The "ignore" function works really well. I have multiple posters on ignore and it really cleans up the threads. If you want to see what they are saying then you can click on their post and read it. :)

I hear ya TAL, but Cim is beyond repair. And Tom is not banning him so it looks like everyone will either have to deal with it (ignore or ignore function) or just leave MBR (some have). I really like discussing UM athletics and that is the ONLY reason that I am still here.
mainejeff

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:00 pm

Yeah, at least you are makin' progress with this Ol' Man mj and I will give it a try. Heck, I'm even the one who is now engaging in an OT discussion here !??? :shock: :o :o :o O' The Horror !!
TAL1957

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics