Foreign recruiting makes a world of difference to WBB

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: Foreign recruiting makes a world of difference to WBB

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:47 pm

augie wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:
turkeyman wrote:Dare I ask how anyone would expect that, a month before the season had begun at Stearns, the UMaine coaching staff would have heard of a foreign-exchange student who had been in Millinocket for two months?

Does it not stand to reason that, as games were played starting in the second week of December, the UMaine staff would have known pretty quickly about the super Austrian who was carrying Stearns?

And, do college coaching staffs not hear almost every day from people who think they have seen the next super star playing in fourth grade somewhere? People close to college programs have told me several times that a fan had tipped the coaching staff to one player or another.

This sounds like something that is being repeated so someone can brag, "I knew Sigi would be great before the Maine coaches had even heard of her."

Give the staff a little credit. Read the PPH story on how Sigi got to Orono. Read again the post by Linguist (who is not some Swedish guy up in the woods) about how Barron got Sigi. Look at the game tapes from 2013-14 . The staff at UMaine does this for a living. All of us on this board do it for sh-ts and giggles. Who do you suppose does it better?

Bob Neal
New Sharon

Bob: My MVP lives near the University, got to know Sigi very well as a player and saw her play in a preseason tournament in November of her Year at Class C Stearns and knows their basketball more so then many of the people on here who accuse me of not knowing anything about UMaine basketball.

This person also knows the women's coaching staff personally and has contact with them during the basketball season.

They would take his recommendation seriously and not as just another fan trying to promote a local player at their school.

If fact this person has to evaluate high school girls talent when they picked their AAU team in which Sigi played for after her season at Stearns. THIS PERSON PUT MAINE ONTO SIGI BEFORE THEY KNEW SHE WAS EVEN PLAYING AT STEARNS.

there is no gray area for you Bob. It's always black and white and unfortunately you loose creditabilty with most, though you are a wealth of knowledge, because of your stubbornness. Humility is a great trait and I have learned this as I age.

augie: You are 100% right. Just like in basketball when I officiated basketball games there are only black and white, there are no grays, even though the officials now have wear gray shirts,,,,that's the way I have always been as a player, coach and official. I just tell it like I feel it is!

If my stubbornness causes me to lose credibility with who?

I guess as I have aged I have not developed the humility as you have done.

I have been here on MBR since Tom started MBR years ago.

I do not attack people personally like many do here on MBR. I don't call posters names or try to demean them or get personal in any way.

When Tom tells he wants me to change then it will be time for me to leave MBR and I will. Tom knows me and he knew what he was getting when I came on MBR.

However, I certainly don't put you in the category of many of the MBR posters who offer me advice in nasty ways like zonid recently calling me a liar.. ......You do it in a positive way and I appreciate that.

Thanks.
bcbc55

Postby Crunch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:56 pm

E-nuff already. Interesting thread when talking about the freshman class. BUT - Who cares today how Sigi got here? Last I checked, we got her.
Crunch

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:05 am

Crunch wrote:E-nuff already. Interesting thread when talking about the freshman class. BUT - W(HO)ho cares(CARES!) today how Sigi got here? Last I checked, we got her.
Plus-100 !!!
Badda Bing Badda BOOM !!!
Winnahh Winnahh, Chikin Dinnahhhh !!!!!!
(hope you don't mind my adding the shouting on the "WHO CARES" part of the quote)
;) :D :D :D
TAL1957

Previous

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics