UMaine Hockey at Vermont

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

UMaine Hockey at Vermont

Postby TAL1957 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Suddenly realized there are other sports being played !?

So, here's an opportunity for folks to redirect all their dislike (= hate ?) and aggression towards a program other than MBB, which I'm sure won't take more than a couple subsequent posts. But, here goes nonetheless:

Hockey East First Round is set for this weekend. #11 UMaine takes on Vermont in Burlington. UMaine got spanked in their first regular season matchup, but played 'em to a 2-2 tie in game two. Actually had a 2-0 lead at the end of the second period. Remember when Coach Walsh woulda then played skate around for the remaining period, rarely giving up a 2 goals lead ? Boring as He--, but equally Effective as He-- as well (we'll assume I used the word "Heck" ?). Ahhh, those were the days !!

But, with that second game in mind, it's certainly possible that UMaine just might steal a game from the Cats this weekend. Question is, can they pull off the series "upset". Might be tempted to take in a game over there in Burlington if the Bears can make it worth the drive !! Plzzzzzz !!!!!
TAL1957
 
Posts: 4824
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: UMaine Hockey at Vermont

Postby thebam » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:48 pm

I wish this team had given me some reason, any reason really, to think they are capapble of a win, much less 2..
Here's hoping. Will have it queued up along with HS hoops this weekend hoping against hope.
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: UMaine Hockey at Vermont

Postby TAL1957 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:40 pm

thebam wrote:I wish this team had given me some reason, any reason really, to think they are capapble of a win, much less 2..
Here's hoping. Will have it queued up along with HS hoops this weekend hoping against hope.
Yeah, there is that. :o :(

Guess a coupla ties, or hope against hope, a win and a tie, won't quite git'r done this weekend. :shock:

But, kinda like watching Gen. Custer heading into that lil depression out at the Little Bighorn, still gotta watch it, even if only out of morbid curiosity. ??
TAL1957
 
Posts: 4824
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: UMaine Hockey at Vermont

Postby fafan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:06 pm

TAL, So u think Maine could win their first game of the year on the road?
Guess anything is possible. Got to see Saturdays' senior game and felt so good for the 4 seniors as a very good crowd turned out to support these guys and it was so fitting for Blaine Byron to get a hat trick.Unlike last years team these guys can score and if the defense can help out the goalie a win or two is possible. ;)
fafan
 
Posts: 3380
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:25 am

Re: UMaine Hockey at Vermont

Postby TAL1957 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:26 am

fafan wrote:TAL, So u think Maine could win their first game of the year on the road?
Guess anything is possible.
Of Course !!!

Heck, I'm enuf of a UMaine Black Bears homeboy to think, okay "hope against hope", that they can win TWO !!!, Back-to-Back !
:shock: :o :x :evil: ;)

I Was even lookin to drop a $C-note on 'em figuring the odds had to be Great, but can't seem to find this series anywhere on the Vegas boards ? :cry:
TAL1957
 
Posts: 4824
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: UMaine Hockey at Vermont

Postby fafan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:41 am

TAL1957 wrote:
fafan wrote:TAL, So u think Maine could win their first game of the year on the road?
Guess anything is possible.
Of Course !!!

Heck, I'm enuf of a UMaine Black Bears homeboy to think, okay "hope against hope", that they can win TWO !!!, Back-to-Back !
:shock: :o :x :evil: ;)

I Was even lookin to drop a $C-note on 'em figuring the odds had to be Great, but can't seem to find this series anywhere on the Vegas boards ? :cry:


Knowing we had lost 5 in a row after having a 2 goal lead just hope we don't start that way :lol:
fafan
 
Posts: 3380
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:25 am

Re: UMaine Hockey at Vermont

Postby TAL1957 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:46 am

fafan wrote: Knowing we had lost 5 in a row after having a 2 goal lead just hope we don't start that way :lol:
But, if we do "go up" 2 goals, opportunity knocks !! At that point, the Vegas odds Against a UMaine win will go thru the roof and I can double down on my bet x 10 !!! :D
TAL1957
 
Posts: 4824
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 pm


Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fafan, turkeyman and 53 guests