What are Bob Walsh & Karlton Creech hiding?

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: What are Bob Walsh & Karlton Creech hiding?

Postby aechamps » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:57 pm

Looks like a bunch more new kids coming in next year with the same coach.......
aechamps

Postby mainejeff » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Please tell me that Meyers won't be back next season. I wouldn't want someone with anger issues like that in my locker room.
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:47 pm

DUNBAR: Now I have questions for YOU

1. Were those original 4 players who were suspended om suspension when this incident occurred, It sounds like it have if the team was not at UMaine at the time of the incident and that was why a 5th player was suspended.

Now a question for others on this thread. If players leave after this season will they be:

1. Voluntary transfers?
2. Scholarships not renewed this spring (1 year scholarship policy now)?
3. If all 5 go will the 5th who was added to the indefinite suspension after the original 4 were suspended who is sitting out because of transferring have to sit out again if he transfers to a D-1 school?

If Myers loses his scholarship he is going to get "elevator, elevator he gets the shaft" as he has already used a sit out year for transferring to Maine and then if he goes to another D-1 school he would have to sit out another year and then he would have used up his 5 years to play 4 NCAA transfer rule.

This program if these 5 go plus possible others will have had more moves than a checkers game. It could be a total of 10 moves plus when the smoke clears.

At minimum it could be 5 last year jumping ship and possibly 5 more this spring either by transfers or loss of scholarships and/or dropped from the program.

Interesting that Walsh said he didn't know how long the 4 original suspensions were for but then all of a sudden it was 5 were indefinitely suspended.

2nd DUNBAR QUESTION: Dunbar so were there 2 separate suspensions because were there 2 separate incidents, thus 2 separate suspensions or just added to the original 4 suspensions?
bcbc55

Postby aechamps » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:51 pm

Myers will end up at a D2 school next year and perhaps a couple others. Just like Dye and Greene did several years ago.
aechamps

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:01 pm

aechamps wrote:Myers will end up at a D2 school next year and perhaps a couple others. Just like Dye and Greene did several years ago.

aechamps: I thought of that, but at this time I was just referring just to D-1. There are a lot of D-2 schools out there that are much stronger then the UMaine D-1 324th RPI ranked team by ncaa.com and probably some D-2 schools but no hoop schollies for them.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bcbc55

Postby aechamps » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:12 pm

All I know is I don't care where they end up...UMaine and Coach Walsh need to clean this mess up. This will be a life lesson for all involved.
aechamps

Postby Blind Zebra » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:25 pm

If Myers graduates this semester (he is a 4th year junior), he would be eligible for the graduate transfer rule. In this case, Myers would be eligible to play immediately at another D1 school. If he doesn't have his degree completed in May, he would have to transfer down to D2 or D3 for immediate eligibility. It's possible he stays and is reinstated to the team after a suspension is served.
Blind Zebra

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:11 am

Blind Zebra wrote:If Myers graduates this semester (he is a 4th year junior), he would be eligible for the graduate transfer rule. In this case, Myers would be eligible to play immediately at another D1 school. If he doesn't have his degree completed in May, he would have to transfer down to D2 or D3 for immediate eligibility. It's possible he stays and is reinstated to the team after a suspension is served.

BZ: I remember that rule now that you brought it to my attention. Thanks very much, at my age I am forgetful at times and can use all the help available.

Many times during a transfer there is a loss of credits so I wonder how close Myers is to getting his degree this coming May?

His best bet is to return to Maine if they will have him otherwise as you stated he might be headed down to D-2 if he wants to play immediately.

Too late to pick up any extra credits as the second semester has already started.
Thanks again. you handle your posts and responses to others posts are the BEST OF ANY BODY ON THIS UMAINE D-1 THREAD. Very informative, interesting, knowledgeable, professional, courteous and well presented at all times.
bcbc55

Postby nhsfan4life » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:20 pm

There is no argument for the continued employment of Bob Walsh by the University of Maine. How is it possible that he took this team to depths we did not even see under King Incompetence himself, Teddy Woodward? Teddy may have lost games, but I don't think anything like players breaking another teammates jaw, and a subsequent cover-up, happened under his watch.

If there was ever an event that should bring back the always revered Nostrajimus, this is it. Frankly, we deserve it.
nhsfan4life

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Agreed!

However, we are now living in Trumpworld...anything goes!
mainejeff

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics