Drop Ice Hockey at UMaine!

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Drop Ice Hockey at UMaine!

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:31 am

Yes, it is time. The hockey program has become a Black Hole. We surrender....we surrender! I am waving the white flag. :|

Alfond can be torn down and a parking garage can be built in its place.

I still don't understand how numerous Presidents and ADs have fumbled the puck with this program. :( I know that Shawn Wlash would be deeply saddened by the current state of the program, but he would probably agree....if you can't do it right then don't do it at all.
mainejeff

Re: Drop Ice Hockey at UMaine!

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:02 am

mainejeff wrote: ... has become a ??? Hole. ... I still don't understand
??? Pretty ridiculous post mj. You are better than this, .... usually.
TAL1957

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 am

Just mirroring the attitude of the Adminsitration at the University of Maine.....that this program doesn't matter.
mainejeff

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:34 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
TAL1957

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:54 am

My use of hyperbole is well-documented so no need to get all :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:roll:
mainejeff

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:32 pm

As is my excessive use of emoticons. Just responding exactly as the thread line and initial post warranted, and perhaps even held back a bit on the number of :roll: ?

;)
TAL1957

Postby GoBlackBears » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:12 pm

Fund the program the way it needs to be funded. Take away money from football if necessary.
GoBlackBears

Postby mainejeff » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Take away from football?....good god NO! As long as football is paying their way as much as possible (2 FBS games) and moving in a posiitve direction (they are)....leave them alone! Football is by far the most popular sport at UM now and it's really one of the only things that gets alums coming back year after year ($$$).

How about them hiring a hockey coach that has no connections to ANYONE. That is how we got here. Both Whitehead & Gendron had an "in"...and therefore went to the front of the line...no questions asked.

I hope that Montgomery wins it all and brings the trophy to Orono to rub it in everyone's face! :)
mainejeff

Postby Chad Ford » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Purely from a return on investment perspective, you are right MaineJeff, as you so often are.

Look, I like Red and I want him to succeed. The results this year are just not acceptable, and I can not find a justification for it. Is it the wrong coach? Is it a lack of funding? Poor recruiting? Needing a new building? Orono? It has to be one or more of these. Some can be fixed, others can not be. And who would foot the bill to fix it?

Something has to give. If you are going to do it, do it right or not at all.
Chad Ford

Postby Priceless » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:35 am

mainejeff wrote:Take away from football?....good god NO! As long as football is paying their way as much as possible (2 FBS games) and moving in a posiitve direction (they are)....leave them alone! Football is by far the most popular sport at UM now and it's really one of the only things that gets alums coming back year after year ($$$).

If you're trolling I applaud the effort. Well done.
Priceless

Next

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics