Maine Men's Bball Suspends 4 Players

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: Maine Men's Bball Suspends 4 Players

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:58 am

Wes Myers to return to Maine men's basketball squad

ORONO - Not long after being indefinitely suspended for breaking a teammate's jaw, University of Maine men's basketball guard Wes Myers has been reinstated by the squad and the school as a student-athlete. School officials confirmed the news with ABC 7 and Fox 22, saying Myers had completed the student code of conduct process.

http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/19 ... ball-squad
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:16 am

UMaine basketball player remains on team after fracturing teammate’s jaw

...Walsh had no further comment on the situation.

McKennon, Stojiljkovic and Majstorovic, who had been suspended for initially telling UMaine head trainer Ryan Taylor that Pirovic had fallen in the shower, were reinstated on Feb. 22, along with Pirovic, while Myers remained indefinitely suspended through the remainder of the season.

Pirovic had been listening to music and had refused to turn it off when Myers asked him.

Both threw punches and Myers struck Pirovic in the jaw, which was fractured.

Pirovic did not want to press charges

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/22/s ... mates-jaw/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby hoopsisme » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:58 am

Truthful bunch!! Ridiculous.
hoopsisme

Postby mainejeff » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:36 am

I've been reading the racist tinged comments from the BDN article. I'd like to comment on this first. Why are readers allowed to post racist, homophobic, and any other unacceptable crap in this RAG of a newspaper??? Are advertisers happy about this? I would not want my business associated with a newspaper that allows this BS. Maybe someone on here can comment on that. There are a few people associated with this paper who post on here including Cim himself.

--------

Myers - the thing that separates this case from Lomberg and some others is that both Myers & Pirovic threw punches.....Myers just punched better. I'm sure that this is why Myers is still with the program. When you assault someone and they don't expect it and can't defend themselves....isn't that a bit different than mutual fighting/punching? I would hope that Myers is on a zero tolerance schedule now with Walsh. He better bury himself in basketball and academics next season....there is no room for error.
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:59 pm

[quote="mainejeff"]I've been reading the racist tinged comments from the BDN article. I'd like to comment on this first. Why are readers allowed to post racist, homophobic, and any other unacceptable crap in this RAG of a newspaper??? Are advertisers happy about this? I would not want my business associated with a newspaper that allows this BS. Maybe someone on here can comment on that. There are a few people associated with this paper who post on here including Cim himself.

mainejeff: I erased my stupidity for not knowing what you were referring too.

However, I still think you should be a paid consultant for public relations for the UMaine athletic department.

You were absolutely correct and your generic statement was right on target and as usual UMaine was way off base again public relations wise in not getting out in front of this incident. The AD and head coach were not a day late and a pound short, they were weeks late and a ton short.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:04 pm

bcbc55 wrote:mainejeff: I read the article on Myers and where are you coming from? Your statement "Why are readers allowed to post" doesn't make sense to me. I must be missing something.

I'm talking about reader commentary in their on-line edition. The stuff that they allow to be posted on there is ridiculous. This has been going on for years now but is worse than ever!
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:09 pm

mainejeff wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:mainejeff: I read the article on Myers and where are you coming from? Your statement "Why are readers allowed to post" doesn't make sense to me. I must be missing something.

I'm talking about reader commentary in their on-line edition. The stuff that they allow to be posted on there is ridiculous. This has been going on for years now but is worse than ever!

mainejeff: Thanks for clearing that up for me. The only on line comments I read are the ones pertaining to my "Off the Rim" column".

i am only a very, very part time writer and a full time subscriber to the BDN so I am way out in left field then about your post.
bcbc55

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:49 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Missing something ??? WOW, there's a new one !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
TAL1957

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:13 pm

TAL1957 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
Missing something ??? WOW, there's a new one !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

TAL1957: There is a first for everything.
bcbc55

Postby TAL1957 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:17 pm

bcbc55 wrote: TAL1957: There is a first for everything.
Uh, .... Well No bcbc, ... actually there isn't.
But we will nevah know about all the "firsts' " that nevah happened.
E.g., I'm still waiting for the first time something pretty irrelevant happens up there in Orono that doesn't become endlessly repeated here on mbr as the most egregious of Sins !!! - Prolly Nevah Gonna Happen .... So, ... No First Time for That. ?? ;)
TAL1957

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics