Maine Men's Bball Suspends 4 Players

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: Maine Men's Bball Suspends 4 Players

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:43 am

fromthebench wrote:That's good news. The kid made a mistake and was punished and I'm sure he learned from it. Times have changed but I remember the football players getting into some pretty good scraps at weekend parties.

fromthebench: Good news indeed. I agree with your post 110%.

The coverup was worse then the "BREAK" and the only thing that was not the right thing to do was to reinstate those that tried to cover the "BREAK" up by lying.

They should have had the same punishment as Myers had suspension for the remainder of the season.

The coverup is usually worse then the incident that forced the cover up as the incident just happened out of the blue, the coverup had to be intentionally planned and that is worse then what caused the incident, in my opinion.

"It takes two to tango". Please Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the report on WABI-TV say it was a fight.

"IT TAKES TWO TO FIGHT."

Very glad to see that Myers will be coming back. The second chance is now being allowed to return to school next year and be able to finish out his career at Maine.

This incident cost Myers as the leading scorer in the conference games this year as the only player to average 20 points a game would have been named to either the first or second all-conference team,,,should have been first as the leading scorer in the conference and for a last place team.

Time to move on and get ready for next season. That is one question about this team needed to have been answered going into the off season.
bcbc55

Postby TAL1957 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:51 pm

fromthebench wrote:That's good news. The kid made a mistake and was punished and I'm sure he learned from it. Times have changed but I remember the football players getting into some pretty good scraps at weekend parties.
Amen. !!!

Time to just move on, but I'm guessing there will now be a bunch of pretty foolish posts on here about this.
Mostly from folks with their own issues (look in the mirror guys !).
TAL1957

Postby mainejeff » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:59 pm

Good to hear regarding Myers. I agree that the cover-up was the worst part of this...and it wasn't just the players trying to do the cover-up!
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:49 pm

mainejeff wrote:Good to hear regarding Myers. I agree that the cover-up was the worst part of this...and it wasn't just the players trying to do the cover-up!

mainejeff: Totally agree with your post above above the good news on Myers and the coverup was the worst part of this.

But the...and it wasn't just the players trying to do the cover-up I am not sure exactly what you are referring too.

Could you elaborate more on this please as I am not quite sure exactly what you are referring too. I think I might know but I am assuming that and you know what the word ASSUME spells out.

Or maybe I just missed this completely.

Thanks in advance.

CIM
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:04 pm

I think that Walsh & Creech were hoping to keep this incident out of the news & handle it "internally". Too many people involved however including law enforcement. A "what were they thinking" moment for sure....even in 'LIl Ole Bangor, Maine.
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:28 pm

mainejeff wrote:I think that Walsh & Creech were hoping to keep this incident out of the news & handle it "internally". Too many people involved however including law enforcement. A "what were they thinking" moment for sure....even in 'LIl Ole Bangor, Maine.

mainejeff: Thank you very much Jeff: That is one time that I guess it was safe to ASSUME.

Though this just adds to the credablilty of the Men's Program, bad enough the 5 players tried to cover it up

But if the powers-to-be were hoping to keep this out of the news media and handle it from within is just not good public relations.

This program has got enough negatives going on and they certainly don't need anything else negative to add to the problems.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:55 pm

There should have been an immediate release with generic info...

****5 players have been suspended from team due to a locker room altercation. All of those involved have been suspended indefinitely pending an investigation of the incident. Further details will be provided once investigation is competed.*****

is that so difficult? Did they really think that they were going to put some positive spin on this or hide it? :roll:
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 pm

mainejeff wrote:There should have been an immediate release with generic info...

****5 players have been suspended from team due to a locker room altercation. All of those involved have been suspended indefinitely pending an investigation of the incident. Further details will be provided once investigation is competed.*****

is that so difficult? Did they really think that they were going to put some positive spin on this or hide it? :roll:

mainejeff: You are right on Jeff, couldn't agree with you more. You should be a paid outside the University of Maine consultant for the UMaine athletic department.

You are so right, this was not rocket science, it was just plain old common sense.

Always better to be ahead of things like this and not behind things like this.

Excellent post.
bcbc55

Postby TAL1957 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:48 pm

TAL1957 wrote: Time to just move on, but I'm guessing there will now be a bunch of pretty foolish posts on here about this.
And a "Yep" ! :( :roll:
TAL1957

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:35 pm

TAL1957 wrote:
TAL1957 wrote: Time to just move on, but I'm guessing there will now be a bunch of pretty foolish posts on here about this.
And a "Yep" ! :( :roll:

TAL1957: And a "Yep", great example for the players. Punish them for trying to hide and cover up the facts but it is O.K. if the adults hope it doesn't come out by not immediately coming out with something like mainejeff's statement.

Mainejeff is right they should have immediately come out with a statement like he posted instead of hoping it wouldn't get out. Not too bright not to think it would not come out with so many people knowing what had happened.
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics