Stony Brook at Maine

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: Stony Brook at Maine

Postby mainejeff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Yes, the sky boxes are about catered food service and watching something other than UMaine hoops on TV in those boxes........you can also wave to the crowd below and pretend that you are someone important. :roll:

Speaking of those old wooden chairs.......they could make money selling those things! I'd buy a couple......refurbish them and put them in a game room.
mainejeff

Postby TAL1957 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:32 pm

idroptreys23 wrote:To be honest the Pit does need a little work, those old wooden chairs are very uncomfortable. I would hate to spend every home game watching from there.
Might distract fans from how painful watching the game is though if they're feeling it in their butts instead ?
TAL1957

Postby SeaDogsFan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Buying a sky box is nothing more than a "status" move.

And even then, it is so unbelievably stupid and not worth it that I wonder why they do it. It's a total waste of money.
"Brace yourself everyone. Here come the uneducated rants of fans that know what really happened but choose to revel in the obserdity" ~ ballerdad
SeaDogsFan

Postby mainejeff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:58 pm

SeaDogsFan wrote:Buying a sky box is nothing more than a "status" move.

And even then, it is so unbelievably stupid and not worth it that I wonder why they do it. It's a total waste of money.

Shhhhhhhh!....... ;)
mainejeff

Postby TAL1957 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:27 pm

SeaDogsFan wrote:Buying a sky box is nothing more than a "status" move. And even then, it is so unbelievably stupid and not worth it that I wonder why they do it. It's a total waste of money.
Guess we know who has never enjoyed a game FROM a skybox ! Gee SDF, does this mean that you passed on that one down at the new Yankee Stadium ? :o :(

Short of front row seats, they're pretty hard to beat for comfort, enjoyment, and the view of the game, hockey, basketball, baseball and football, really ain't to bad ! Don't know about you guys, but I go to games to ENJOY myself. ..... " Ahhh, thank you very much, can I have another coldy and maybe another plate of nachos please ? ... Why Thank-you Very Much ! "

P.S. - And watching baseball games from the comfort of the Mahaney Diamond Clubhouse deck and sun room is pretty "sweet" as well ! :twisted:

P.P.S. - Watching football from the fourth floor window at MCI (third ?) is NOT the same as a sky box !?
TAL1957

Previous

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics