Football 2017::

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby UMaineDad » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:28 pm

DWinsGames wrote:Let’s see if Ferguson can grow up and play D1 football! Sick of this crap! Turnovers are killing us.
Coach H and team need to get there S**t together
Micha? Let’s see if he can stay out of trouble and actually contribute to the team and not be a distraction!
Another issue - Coach H. Instill some gosh darn displine with your players. Personal penalties are costing us. Loved that he told #3 off when he got a personal at the end of the Villanova game but then I look on twitter today and saw they used him for a tweet. WTH?!

I am a bit sick of the Coach Tweets. I know he's only 30 or 31 years old but WTF. There is NO substitute for experience and seasoning! I'm beginning to think that maybe this level is too much for Coach H as well! I can only hope that his calculations with Ferguson is right, for the team's sake, but I highly doubt it! Fergy has 3 more years to play and develop. Staver has only this season. I say sit Fergy and start Staver...but that's just experience talking!!!
UMaineDad

Postby UMaine » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:26 am

Maine Football‏ @BlackBearsFB
The Maine Football Radio Show with @UMaineCoachH #CAAFB
http://bit.ly/2eQn2uN
UMaine

Postby UMaine » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:32 am

Football Set to Host Rhode Island on Homecoming Weekend #BlackBearNation #CAAFB #INorOUT

Game Preview: http://bit.ly/2yc3oBd
UMaine

Postby TAL1957 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:06 pm

UMaineDad wrote:
DWinsGames wrote:Let’s see if Ferguson can grow up and play D1 football! Sick of this crap! Turnovers are killing us.
Micha? Let’s see if he can stay out of trouble and actually contribute to the team and not be a distraction!
Another issue - Coach H. Instill some gosh darn displine with your players. Personal penalties are costing us. Loved that he told #3 off when he got a personal at the end of the Villanova game but then I look on twitter today and saw they used him for a tweet. WTH?!

I am a bit sick of the Coach Tweets. I know he's only 30 or 31 years old but WTF. There is NO substitute for experience and seasoning! I'm beginning to think that maybe this level is too much for Coach H as well! I can only hope that his calculations with Ferguson is right, for the team's sake, but I highly doubt it! Fergy has 3 more years to play and develop. Staver has only this season. I say sit Fergy and start Staver...but that's just experience talking!!!
Must be tough to be so smart and yet have no actual experience yourself, ehhh ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TAL1957

Postby augie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:05 pm

TAL1957 wrote:
UMaineDad wrote:

Must be tough to be so smart and yet have no actual experience yourself, ehhh ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please tell us your football experience TAL. When the phone doesn't ring it will be you calling with some.
augie

Postby UMaine » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:07 am

Mike Flynn addresses the Black Bears on the eve of the Homecoming game vs. Rhode Island #BlackBearNation
watch video : https://twitter.com/BlackBearsFB/status ... 2314124289
UMaine

Postby WABI » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:28 am

UMaine Football Coach Harasymiak Wants a Better Performance This Week

ORONO, MAINE (WABI) - UMaine football hosts Rhode Island in their Homecoming game on Saturday and Head Coach Joe Harasymiak would like to see his team play better than last week..

http://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/UMain ... 58293.html
WABI

Postby BDN » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:48 am

Football player, Kayon Whitaker, from Washington, DC, thriving amid UMaine family

...“I really appreciated it. It meant so much to my family and to me,” said Whitaker, a redshirt sophomore defensive end. “Even today, it’s still breathtaking.”

In his first season as a starter, Whitaker has been involved in 22 tackles and leads the team in tackles for a loss with 5.5. He is tied for third in solo tackles (13) and in sacks (2.5).

“He deserved his scholarship. He’s earning it right now,” said UMaine defensive coordinator and defensive line coach Corey Hetherman.

Whitaker is not only thankful for the scholarship, he is also appreciative of the opportunity he has received at UMaine.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/10/13/s ... ngton-d-c/
BDN

Postby PPH » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:28 am

UMaine’s QB seeks improvement as Black Bears face Rhode Island
The Black Bears look to snap a two-game losing skid and earn their first conference win.

...“This game, and Chris knows this, is unlike any other sport in the world,” said Harasymiak. “You live and die by your (QB).”

Maine will be facing, at least statistically, an easier defense than it has the last two games. James Madison gives up 231.2 yards per game (third in the nation) and Villanova gives up 283.8 (14th). Rhode Island (1-4, 0-2 CAA) gives up 415.2 yards per game (11th in the 12-team CAA).

Ferguson said every Division I defense is a challenge.

“It’s gut checks at times,” he said. “There’s going to be a learning process every time out, no matter what happens. Even if you win, there’s going to be stuff you see and can learn from. It can be humbling game, a humbling experience. It’s hard to cope with. But if you can take what you need from (each game), it’s all part of the process.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/10/13/u ... de-island/
PPH

Postby PPH » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:30 am

preview: Maine vs. Rhode Island
The Black Bears have 10 consecutive wins in their series versus Rhode Island.

Kickoff: 3:30 pm
TV: WPME; Fox College Sports

WHEN MAINE HAS THE BALL: It’s really simple. Maine has to be able to run the ball effectively, and that’s becoming harder as teams put seven players on the defensive front to take away the run and force redshirt freshman Chris Ferguson to throw the ball. But the Black Bears have their greatest success when Josh Mack, who is averaging 131 rushing yards a game, gets going. That opens up the play-action passing game for Ferguson and Maine’s receivers, like Jaleel Reed, Jared Osumah, Earnest Edwards and Micah Wright. Maine is going to have to contend with Rhode Island defensive end L.B. Mack III, who had 10 tackles last week.

WHEN RHODE ISLAND HAS THE BALL: The Rams have their greatest success passing the ball, ranking third in the Colonial Athletic Association with 273.8 yards per game. WR Aaron Parker, who is averaging 17.8 yards per catch, has caught a touchdown pass in seven consecutive games. He has 29 catches on the year and WR Marven Beauvais has 23, averaging 14.5 yards per catch. QB Tyler Harris has thrown for 1,259 yards, third-best in FCS. Maine’s defense has to play a fundamental game. Much of the Rams’ success comes on run-pass options where Harris will either hand off to a running back or throw a quick pass or screen to a receiver.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/10/13/c ... de-island/
PPH

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics