UMaine Football 2017::

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby fafan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:57 pm

DWinsGames wrote:If they cancel the game at UCF how about all of us that bought airline tickets, reserved cars and hotels. I am sure we wouldn't get any buyout and then fight with the airline to get our money back.
Buying out this game would have a negative impact to UMaine Football with consideration of playoffs. UMaine needs to show that they can play against these FBS teams!!


Wow, had not thought about fans who bought tix and made travel arrangements on their own. That would suck, sort of doubt UMaine would make good on any arrangements not thru the university. Understanding these hardships does Maine demand a double the original offer to let UCF out of it's obligation, do they help us arrange game with Georgia State who are an FBS school but not a good one and maybe a better chance for a W? This will be interesting to say the least.

Just an FYI, UCF cancelled this weeks game with GT and last weeks game with Memphis so I imagine they are panicked to say the least.
fafan
 
Posts: 3380
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:25 am

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby maine612 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:25 pm

From a 30,000 foot view it makes sense for Maine to play Georgia State and re-fire that long lasting and burning CAA rivalry... As long as both schools were made whole financially that would seem to be an easy solution.

612
User avatar
maine612
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:09 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby DWinsGames » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Per UMaine Football Website the UCF game has been [url][/url]

https://t.co/z6DHHB3GhI?amp=1

This sucks!!!
DWinsGames
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:18 am

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby fafan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:40 pm

DWinsGames wrote:Per UMaine Football Website the UCF game has been [url][/url]

https://t.co/z6DHHB3GhI?amp=1

This sucks!!!


Ok, where are the details, how much did UMaine get out of this deal to allow this cancellation?
Can they reschedule Georgia State?
Guess it might be interesting to listen to 1 hr interview with Coach H tonite ;)

Below is info about Maine out and Memphis in from the UCF site;)

http://www.ucfknights.com/news/2017/9/1 ... h=football

Georgia State gets 1.1 million to cancel game with Memphis and how good of a deal did Karlton get, curious minds want to know ;)
http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewA ... =211667420
Last edited by fafan on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fafan
 
Posts: 3380
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:25 am

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby thebam » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:51 pm

User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby fafan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:06 pm

thebam wrote:http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=211667420
Georgia St officially available to play that day.


But article says they want a suitable FBS replacement.
1.1 million nice deal GSU!!! what did Karlton get?
fafan
 
Posts: 3380
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:25 am

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby PPH » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:48 am

...Maine officials are going to try to fill the now-open date, but their options are limited.

“At this point, the options are nonexistent,” said Creech. “But we’re going to look. If we can find a suitable opponent, we’ll play a game.”

If Maine (1-1) cannot fill that opening, it will have two bye weeks in the first five weeks of its season, sandwiched around a road game at defending FCS champion James Madison.

“We want to play a game,” said Maine Coach Joe Harasymiak. “Maybe we can find one. But we certainly can understand the situation that Central Florida is in.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/09/14/u ... -canceled/
PPH
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:34 am

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:26 am

Rich Kimball‏ @DowntownRichK
Among teams with open dates on 9/30, Arkansas State from Sunbelt and FCS opponent Robert Morris, from the NEC, if @BlackBearsFB are looking
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
User avatar
Tom Nolette
owner
 
Posts: 71282
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:10 pm
Location: Maine

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby mainejeff » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 am

fafan wrote:
thebam wrote:http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=211667420
Georgia St officially available to play that day.


But article says they want a suitable FBS replacement.
1.1 million nice deal GSU!!! what did Karlton get?


Karlton got $350K.....the guarantee that they signed for had they played the game.

Robert Morris would have been a good opponent to buy for a home game but they already have a full 11 game schedule. If Georgia State was willing they would be perfect....they got $1.1 million & would only have to pony up for Maine's travel expenses. For Maine....easy travel city (Atlanta) & it would be a winnable game.
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 17957
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby GoBlackBears » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:15 am

mainejeff wrote:
fafan wrote:
thebam wrote:http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=211667420
Georgia St officially available to play that day.


But article says they want a suitable FBS replacement.
1.1 million nice deal GSU!!! what did Karlton get?


Karlton got $350K.....the guarantee that they signed for had they played the game.

Robert Morris would have been a good opponent to buy for a home game but they already have a full 11 game schedule. If Georgia State was willing they would be perfect....they got $1.1 million & would only have to pony up for Maine's travel expenses. For Maine....easy travel city (Atlanta) & it would be a winnable game.


Should not have settled at 350K. Need to hire the athletic director from GSU.
GoBlackBears
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 2:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], maine612, thebam and 59 guests