UMaine Football 2017::

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: UMaine Football 2017::

Postby UMaine » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:33 am

Maine Football‏ @BlackBearsFB
.@Sheffsc00kiN leads the CAA in sacks per game (1.17) and ranks 5th in tackles for loss (1.5), with a TFL in each of the last 6 games #CAAFB
pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKnFcHWWkAEOZDf.jpg

Maine Football‏ @BlackBearsFB
The #MackAttack is running to the top of the list in several offensive categories #BlackBearNation #CAAFB
pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKnBkHaXoAAXRmo.jpg
UMaine

Postby UMaine » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:34 am

jarredsylvester‏ @jarredsylvester
Blessed to receive an offer from UMaine @Coach_Landgren @Coach_Charlton @JuCoFootballACE
UMaine

Postby WFVX » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:29 am

Ferguson ready to move past James Madison, focused on improvement for 'Nova

..."Just doing better with his reads that's why he struggled that's why he was in a lot of those situations where he was holding onto the ball scrambling that wasn't because of the protection all of those sacks were on Ferg," Harsymiak said.

Ferguson will have another week and a half to prepare for the teams next game against a tough Villanova team that beat Maine last season.

Every game is huge early on considering how deep the CAA is. Ferguson says he's ready to bounce back and thinks the extra week will help him.

"Its just staying locked in especially starting today. We'll have a good practice today start it off right and then the rest of the week should kind of go and then we'll be prepared for nova which is good," Ferguson said.

http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/21 ... t-for-nova
WFVX

Postby Blackbear27 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:47 pm

PPH wrote:UMaine’s Mack maturing into top offensive force at running back
Josh Mack leads the nation in rushing yards per game and will need to be a factor in Saturday's game against top-ranked James Madison.

...“Off the field, he’s become a more mature kid,” said Coen. “And that’s carried over to how he approaches the game, in terms of watching film with Coach (Justin) Flores, talking with the offensive line about plays, critiquing himself – which he did after the New Hampshire game. He came in and he was really hard on himself about some of his paths and his footwork and runs.

“I think, with Josh, it’s never been about talent, it’s always been about maturity and how he approaches the game and how he approaches the work week.”

At 6-foot-1, 198 pounds, Mack combines size and speed for an inside-outside package. He led the team in rushing as a freshman with 712 yards (5.1 per carry) and six touchdowns. He also caught 11 passes for 176 yards and two touchdowns.

But he struggled personally at times. He was suspended for one game because he arrived late to practice, and he was suspended for the annual Blue-White spring game. “I’m not going to say I was mad at being suspended,” said Mack. “It was my fault.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/09/22/u ... ning-back/

TIME WILL TELL HE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FROM THE TEAM DURING SPRING BALL AND TIME WILL TELL IF HE LASTS
Blackbear27

Postby UMaineDad » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:45 pm

Blackbear27,

I understand your confusion...Time has already told the story for Mack...Freshman season is long behind him. He is dialed in and doing fine...I'm more concerned about the rest of the crew. Did some background checking on Mack and Maine is lucky to have this kid. I'm surprised that he is even in the FCS. He's got deep football and basketball roots in the Upstate New York area,which is probably why. New York is under rated for football! Apparently he turned down UTEP, SU, Rhode Island, Old D, and a few others. Was recruited by JMU, Marshall and Boston College his Junior year! SU Alumni fan base really wanted this kid but something went wrong with Dino Babers, from what was told. I'm an SU Alumni I followed this kid his junior and senior year and he was nothing short of dynamic. Led the state rushing his junior year and 2nd his senior year. Missed a couple of games due to injury. UMaine better take good care of this kid...he is a gift!
UMaineDad

Postby UMaine » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:09 am

Zayy ‼️‏ @ZayyGivens
Thankful to receive an offer from the University of Maine #BlackBearNation
https://twitter.com/ZayyGivens/status/9 ... 3303815170
UMaine

Postby Blackbear27 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:56 pm

UMaineDad wrote:Blackbear27,

I understand your confusion...Time has already told the story for Mack...Freshman season is long behind him. He is dialed in and doing fine...I'm more concerned about the rest of the crew. Did some background checking on Mack and Maine is lucky to have this kid. I'm surprised that he is even in the FCS. He's got deep football and basketball roots in the Upstate New York area,which is probably why. New York is under rated for football! Apparently he turned down UTEP, SU, Rhode Island, Old D, and a few others. Was recruited by JMU, Marshall and Boston College his Junior year! SU Alumni fan base really wanted this kid but something went wrong with Dino Babers, from what was told. I'm an SU Alumni I followed this kid his junior and senior year and he was nothing short of dynamic. Led the state rushing his junior year and 2nd his senior year. Missed a couple of games due to injury. UMaine better take good care of this kid...he is a gift!

Hey UMAINEDAD
He is a good FB playa.... ( play on words for you tools) But silly mistakes that he has made make him to me unreliable at this point in his young history at Maine. Time will tell!!!! Reliable Unreliable. You just made my list UMAINEDAD. Gift my a@# he is a team member. Nice to meet you Mr. Mack. Let him leave maybe some one else can set his replacement Alarm. Grow up wake up and your no gift...... Your just another player. Leave if you want your not a blackbear then.
Blackbear27

Postby Blind Zebra » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:34 pm

I hope your kid isn't on the team. What an embarrassing display this is turning into. An axe to grind with Ferguson, The head coach, the OC, Dan Collins and Josh Mack...wow!! Anyone else on the team or coaching staff you want to rag on?
I've been critical from time to time when Kevin Bourgoin was running QB draw on 3rd and 8 season after season and when Coz played musical quarterback. You guys really have nothing to complain about this year. This coaching staff is doing things right and building a solid team. They lost to the #1 team in FCS last week! Defending National Champs. After the game, you guys want to rip on the QB. Now you're attacking the character of our stud running back?? What is your deal?
Blind Zebra

Postby Blackbear27 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:38 pm

BlindZebra

You are a moron. He missed a game last year for some reason he was suspended and he was suspended for the entire spring practice and he is a sophomore. You don't think thats something to worry about. You are a fool!!!! I played 4 years of college football and never got suspended once. I suspect you never played a down.
Blackbear27

Postby Blind Zebra » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:18 pm

How about some actual fact based discussion? You seem so well versed in the game of football. Maybe you should have a private meeting with the coaching staff and fill their ears with your infinite wisdom...or maybe you could focus on supporting this program and it's bright, young coaching staff. I'm sure your kids would appreciate it. Save your insults for bad Chinese food.
Blind Zebra

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics