Barron Out Indefinitely on Medical Leave

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: Barron Out Indefinitely on Medical Leave

Postby mainejeff » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:33 pm

Pirates79 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
Therealslimshady wrote:Nova, UNH, BU and Fairfield to name a few.

How can UM compete with schools like that? Back to Europe we go! :)

Geez! I can play Big East basketball just outside Philly? I can play in Dover, an easy drive to Boston? I can play in Boston? Or I can play in Fairfield, CT? Hello NYC!!!!

I can get an equally valuable degree from all these schools.

No brainer! I'm going to friggin' Orono, Maine!

So if we're all in agreement that Orono sucks...why do we keep discussing this year after year???
mainejeff

Postby Blind Zebra » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:06 pm

D1 student athletes have very little downtime between classes, practices, school work, strength and conditioning workouts etc. there is no off season for the D1 athlete. It's not like they have tons of time to go sight seeing,clubbing or partying. Orono is a northern outpost but it isn't Nome, Alaska either. Plenty to do within 10 minutes of campus. A short drive for hiking, skiing, water sports and the ocean. UMaine has many selling points.
Blind Zebra

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:D1 student athletes have very little downtime between classes, practices, school work, strength and conditioning workouts etc. there is no off season for the D1 athlete. It's not like they have tons of time to go sight seeing,clubbing or partying. Orono is a northern outpost but it isn't Nome, Alaska either. Plenty to do within 10 minutes of campus. A short drive for hiking, skiing, water sports and the ocean. UMaine has many selling points.

BZ: Again another agreement with your insightful posts?

Questions for you.

Will there be any transfers out?

Will Myers return?

Will all of the 3 that were suspended return?

Does Bernstein get a full-ride?

If he does that only leaves 1 left if everyone who is eligible to return does?

Will Maine get a big over 6'9" 230-240?
bcbc55

Postby zonid » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Back on topic, the last time Maine had a team of players who cared more about extracurriculars was under McInerney and things didn't go so well. Like Barron says: recruit the best who want to be at a great place like UMaine. Seems to be working out fine ;)
zonid

Postby parquetfloor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:19 pm

bcbc55 wrote:
Blind Zebra wrote:D1 student athletes have very little downtime between classes, practices, school work, strength and conditioning workouts etc. there is no off season for the D1 athlete. It's not like they have tons of time to go sight seeing,clubbing or partying. Orono is a northern outpost but it isn't Nome, Alaska either. Plenty to do within 10 minutes of campus. A short drive for hiking, skiing, water sports and the ocean. UMaine has many selling points.

Questions for you.

Will Myers return?

Seriously, this is a thread about the health & well-being of Barron. Why on earth are you posting this here as well as in a few other threads? Cim, can you please control yourself?
parquetfloor

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:10 pm

parquetfloor wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:

Questions for you.

Will Myers return?

Seriously, this is a thread about the health & well-being of Barron. Why on earth are you posting this here as well as in a few other threads? Cim, can you please control yourself?

PF: Just trying to get someone, especially BZ to answer those questions.

WHERE IS THE MBR RULE ON HERE THAT YOU HAVE TO STAY ON TOPIC.

Just ignore anything I post if I go off thread topic or if someone who doesn't like me going off topic please answer the questions I asked and maybe I won't go off topic so much.

Nobody has answered those questions I posted. that is why I have gone off topic on several threads trying to get the answers from somebody, anybody, someone.
bcbc55

Postby parquetfloor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:28 pm

bcbc55 wrote:
parquetfloor wrote:Seriously, this is a thread about the health & well-being of Barron. Why on earth are you posting this here as well as in a few other threads? Cim, can you please control yourself?

Just ignore anything I post if I go off thread topic or if someone who doesn't like me going off topic please answer the questions I asked and maybe I won't go off topic so much.

Nobody has answered those questions I posted. that is why I have gone off topic on several threads trying to get the answers from somebody, anybody, someone.

So, you have decided that this is your own personal forum and if no one answers you, you are going to take it upon yourself to disrupt any and all threads necessary until someone does? And if people don't like it, who cares? I see. That is a truly great attitude to have.
parquetfloor

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:03 am

parquetfloor wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:
parquetfloor wrote:Seriously, this is a thread about the health & well-being of Barron. Why on earth are you posting this here as well as in a few other threads? Cim, can you please control yourself?

So, you have decided that this is your own personal forum and if no one answers you, you are going to take it upon yourself to disrupt any and all threads necessary until someone does? And if people don't like it, who cares? I see. That is a truly great attitude to have.

PF: I didn't say" if people don't like, who cares"?

Again. TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND THE RULE HERE ON MBR THAT SAYS THAT YOU CAN'T, SHOULDN'T OR DON'T CHANGE TOPICS ON THREADS!!!

However, if I am upsetting so many people I will respond to topics that I want to change the topic of onto my personal CIM's latest Blog:

How's that for being a team player?
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:03 am

Coach Cim says :

Have you tried calling or emailing the Head Coach? He's the only person in the world who can actually answer your questions.
thebam

Postby parquetfloor » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:05 am

bcbc55 wrote:
parquetfloor wrote:So, you have decided that this is your own personal forum and if no one answers you, you are going to take it upon yourself to disrupt any and all threads necessary until someone does? And if people don't like it, who cares? I see. That is a truly great attitude to have.

PF: I didn't say" if people don't like, who cares"?

Again. TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND THE RULE HERE ON MBR THAT SAYS THAT YOU CAN'T, SHOULDN'T OR DON'T CHANGE TOPICS ON THREADS!!!

However, if I am upsetting so many people I will respond to topics that I want to change the topic of onto my personal CIM's latest Blog:

How's that for being a team player?

Cim, you didn't have to use those exact words. It's all based on your actions and posts and the come hell or high water, I'm going to interrupt all conversation on this forum with the same questions and comments.

There's no written rule. However, there are several unwritten rules out there such as don't be an a-hole, it's not all about you, etc. If someone wants to talk about the firing of the Q-Pac coach, there is a thread for that...but not now as it has become something else. If someone wants to know the status of Barron's health, there was a thread for that but not anymore. You really may want to ask yourself "how come no one is responding to my questions".
parquetfloor

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics