CIM's BLOG: UMaine basketball teams week break for exams

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: CIM'S Blog:

Postby Patsfan07 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Cim, have you ever had a teammate or player shoot FTs underhanded like Rick Barry ? I can't remember ever seeing a Mainer do it in HS or college.....but I can only go back to the 70s. Barry said it was easy to do and all big men should try it....Wilt Chamberlain tried it for awhile but it didn't help him much.
Patsfan07

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Patsfan07 wrote:Cim, have you ever had a teammate or player shoot FTs underhanded like Rick Barry ? I can't remember ever seeing a Mainer do it in HS or college.....but I can only go back to the 70s. Barry said it was easy to do and all big men should try it....Wilt Chamberlain tried it for awhile but it didn't help him much.

PF07: I agree with you other than Rick Barry and Wilt I have not seen any player at any level consistently use the 2 hand underhand foul shot and I go back to the 40's. I don't even remember teammates just trying to shoot them underhand in practice.

Well Wilt was way before Barry, but Barry's key to success was in his techniques which others including BIGS did not understand.

Thanks for the response. The reason many bigs at all levels don't shoot foul shots well is the same now as it was in the 40's.

They just don't know the real secret to getting a soft enough shot so if the ball hits the rim it has a chance to still go in and not have it hit the rim and bounce away without a chance to go in.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:17 pm

The answer to question 2 of What is basketball's perfect shot is now on my "Off the Rim" Blog in the Bangor Daily News. Just go the BDN News line, hit sports or blogs and you will find it.

The question was how can a shooter know if they have made a perfect basketball shot?
bcbc55

Postby TAL1957 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:37 am

Senility creeping in here Bob, or you just wanna keep hawking your BDN blog to up the hits ? :roll: :lol:
bcbc55 wrote:
TAL1957 wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:For the answer of the question, What is basketball's perfect shot, just go to my Bangor Daily News "Off the Rim Blog" for the answer. Just go to Bangor Daily News on line, hit the BLOG title in the upper right hand top of the list of news items. Then after it goes to Blogs, hit sports and you will find my BLOG with the answer.
.... Or, ...
"Question 1: What is basketball’s perfect shot?

It is a shot that goes thru the basket’s rim in the exact dead, center, and middle of the basket. "
http://offtherim.bangordailynews.com/2016/07/24/high-school/answer-to-what-is-basketballs-perfect-shot/
P.S. Bob, ... the exact dead (sic) center of the basket, also happens to be the middle. :roll:

Tal1957: I do know that, just trying to really, really emphasis that point AS BEING SO VITALLY IMPORTANT. Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for responding.
tHANKS
TAL1957

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:46 am

TAL1957: No senility or hawking. Just don't want to type the answer 3 more times/

JUST WANT TO TRY TO HELP SOME SHOOTERS IMPROVE AT ANY LEVEL IF THEY ARE INTERESTED.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:16 pm

If you are interested the Answer to Question 3 for basketball's perfect shot is now available on my Bangor Daily News "Off the Rim: Blog.

Question 3 is what shot is the best to use to know if you made a perfect basketball shot?
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:35 pm

If your interested in the answer to question 4 for basketball's perfect shot it is now available on my Bangor Daily News "Off the Rim" BLOG.

Question 4 was: Can shooters analyze their shots to see if they made a perfect basketball shot in an actual game?
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:01 pm

MPA's 2 week hiatus sports season policy needed for high School basketball 12 monthers!

This article is now available on my Bangor Daily News "Off the Rim" BLOG.
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:19 am

I heard 2 former NBA players on local radio last week say that AAU basketball is basically garbage and is contributing to the demise of fundamentals and overall quality of the game. More focus on winning and not developing skills.. but yeah.. High School coaches should have hands off periods.
thebam

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:33 am

thebam wrote:I heard 2 former NBA players on local radio last week say that AAU basketball is basically garbage and is contributing to the demise of fundamentals and overall quality of the game. More focus on winning and not developing skills.. but yeah.. High School coaches should have hands off periods.

bam: Thanks for the response.

Who were the 2 former NBA players?

There are good coaches and bad coaches in AAU just as there are in high school.

However, AAU coaches don't have "helicopter parents" to worry about, because if the parents don't like what the AAU coach is doing then they can find another team/coach.

It is much easier to teach the "Life Lessons that cannot be learned or taught in the high school classrooms" as the parents have no one to complain to accept the coach. No school boards, superintendents, principals, AD's, etc. that will not back them about complains about playing time or squad selection.

For the few Maine kids that have the potential and want to try to play D-1 AAU is absolutely necessary.

Just my opinion.
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics