CIM's BLOG: UMaine basketball teams week break for exams

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: CIM's Latest Blog: Poll? Harder for Boy HSer to make col

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Here is a Poll Question that is brought about by Ernie Clark's BDN sportswriter article who wrote a very insightful, timely, informative and interesting article about how difficult and hard for Maine high school basketball boys players to get to earn a spot on a college basketball team roster today.

This Poll question does not pertain to girls high school or women college team positions as girls high school basketball did not become a mpa sponsored sport until the mid 70's and there were few college women's teams in the 50's.

Here is the Poll question.

Was it harder for Maine high school boys basketball players to make a college team roster in the 50's then it is today?

Check appropriate answer: Yes____No____
User name_____________________.

Thank you for taking part in this poll.
bcbc55

Re: CIM's Latest Blog: Poll ? Harder for Boy HSer to make a

Postby maine612 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:27 pm

I would guess it is easier to make a college team today. First, I believe there are more college basketball teams today. Second, with AAU and all the new ways to get seen, I would think that visibility is improved.

Just my guess.

maine612

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:53 pm

maine612 wrote:I would guess it is easier to make a college team today. First, I believe there are more college basketball teams today. Second, with AAU and all the new ways to get seen, I would think that visibility is improved.

Just my guess.

maine612: Thanks for voting.

WW=WaltWhite has ordered my book, thanks to you. He is even going to do a chapter by chapter review of the old book here on MBR.

Thanks for your help in getting some recognition for my writing and getting published nationally, "Basketball's Percentage Offense" way back 45 years ago in 1972.

Gee maybe, we could even get Prentice Hall to print a second edition if it gets going here on MBR. Wouldn't that be something?
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:03 pm

Seeig that only maine612 was he only person here on MBR to vote on the question WAS IT HARDER TO MAKE A MAINE COLLEGE ROSTER IN THE 50'S THAN TODAY>

I will have the answer and the proof of what the answer on Thursday, April 6th on my Bangor Daily News BLOG.

Just go to bangordailynews.com and hit Blogs on the left side of the top of the page.
bcbc55

CIM's Latest Blog: CMCC Women BB 1st to ever win National C

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:25 pm

If you are interested in some little known Maine College Basketball History go to my BLOG @ bangordailynews.com and look to the left and you will see Blogs, Hit it and it will take you to my Blog Congratulating the CMCC Womens basketball team for winning another CMCC Basketball First.

This reveals a little known accomplishments by both CMCC Basketball Teams North of Augusta of both teams winning a national basketball championship.

In 2002 the men's team became the first Maine college team at any level to win a national championship by winning the USACC Division 2 Title.

The women just became the first women;s basketball college team to do the same thing in Maine by winning their first USACC National Championship.

For further information that is very interesting just go to my Bangor Daily News Blog @ bangordailynews.com
bcbc55

Re: CIM's Latest Blog: CMCC Women BB 1st to ever win Nation

Postby parquetfloor » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:56 pm

LOL!!! So is this the latest blog? Or is the other one with the same title?

Please, keep making new threads where you just want to "hear yourself talk".
parquetfloor

Re: CIM's Latest Blog: CMCC Women BB 1st to ever win Nation

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:13 pm

parquetfloor wrote:LOL!!! So is this the latest blog? Or is the other one with the same title?

Please, keep making new threads where you just want to "hear yourself talk".

PF: Yes it is the latest blog!

What do you care PF?

Gee, too bad I couldn't talk on the computer so I could take your suggestion to hear myself talk.

Hey, wait a minute... great Idea as my other computer which is a table model has that feature. I talk it prints.

Thanks for the great idea!

It is a free country so I will post when I wish and you are free not to read my posts.
bcbc55

Re: CIM's Latest Blog:ANSWER Harder for Boy HSer to make a

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:58 pm

612: Sorry about this but there has been a problem with me posting on MBR other than on my BLOG. I can no longer post replies, but on my BLOG.

So you must have been a freshmen in high school in 1987 as that was the first year the 3 point shot came in high school basketball in Maine. That was my first year at John Bapst Memorial High School in Bangor.

So I was back into coaching after a 10 year hiatus and you were playing at that time.

Did we play your team between 1987-91?

What class was your high school team?

East or West?
bcbc55

Re: CIM's Latest Blog: Respnse to maine612's post

Postby maine612 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:22 pm

bcbc,

We never played Bapst. I am a western/southern Maine guy.

maine612

Re: CIM's Latest Blog: Respnse to maine612's post

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:42 pm

maine612 wrote:bcbc,

We never played Bapst. I am a western/southern Maine guy.

612: We played in state games in 1989 vs. Livermore Falls and in 1990 vs. Falmouth and won them both?
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics