[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - CIM's BLOG: Who lst said BB needs a shot clock & 3 pt. line?

CIM's BLOG: Who lst said BB needs a shot clock & 3 pt. line?

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: CIM's BLOG: Maine women's Rankings for seeding in BIG Da

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:42 pm

umaine67 wrote:As you should know, bcbc55, there are more ways to get open 3's than just by dribble penetration/kick-outs.
Crisp and fast perimeter passing, particularly vs. a zone defense (also vs. trapping defenses) very often produces wide-open perimeter looks.
As they say, the ball moves faster than the feet!

"umaine67": Agreed, I was posting about vs. man to man defense which is what Maine women face most of the time.

The ball moves faster than the feet, NOT IF IT IS BEING DRIBBLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

As they say, the pass moves the ball faster than the dribble does!

Also, fake pass and then reverse the ball with the pass is effective in getting open 3 looks.
bcbc55

Re: CIM's BLOG: So far 19 upsets in 40 NCAA men's games

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:04 pm

There has been 9 upsets of the 32 first round games played.

Loyola of Chicago and 11 seed over Miami the 6 seed 64-62

Alabama a 9 over number 8 Virginia Tech 86-83

Biggest one so far Buffalo a 13 over Arizona a 4 89-68

Ties the one above 13 Marshall over 4 Witchita State 81-75

10 Butler over 7 Arkansas 79-62

9 Kansas St. over 8 Creighton

9 Florida St. over 8 Missouri

11 Syracuse over 6 TCU

BIGGEST IN HISTORY 16 UMBC 74 Virginia 54

Only 2nd round game with 2 upset winners is UMBC vs. Kansas St. on Sunday.

16 seed UMBC of America East plays tomorrow against number 1 seed Virigina at 9:20pm

16 seed UMBC plays Kansas State another upset winner Sunday.

Too many more upsets to list now. Sorry.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bcbc55

Re: CIM's BLOG: Only 1 upset in Men's NCAA Big Dance so far

Postby basketball_guy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:59 pm

I really don't consider Alabama's win an upset. They were two very evenly matched teams.
On any given nite Alabama can play with anyone. Not sure about this Villanova matchup.
Of course I really wasn't going to post on mbr since there are no Alabama fans on this board.
Villanova should be an interesting game.

Just remember one thing Maine is where Alabama was about three to four years ago. I also think
Bob Simon made a big difference in their recruiting then. I also believe he was responsible for getting
this kid from London down in Pensacola, although I have not heard that Bob recruits heavily in the Southeast a
lot, so I suspect he already had an eye on this kid.
basketball_guy

Re: CIM's BLOG: Only 1 upset in Men's NCAA Big Dance so far

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:30 am

basketball_guy wrote:I really don't consider Alabama's win an upset. They were two very evenly matched teams.
On any given nite Alabama can play with anyone. Not sure about this Villanova matchup.
Of course I really wasn't going to post on mbr since there are no Alabama fans on this board.
Villanova should be an interesting game.

Just remember one thing Maine is where Alabama was about three to four years ago. I also think
Bob Simon made a big difference in their recruiting then. I also believe he was responsible for getting
this kid from London down in Pensacola, although I have not heard that Bob recruits heavily in the Southeast a
lot, so I suspect he already had an eye on this kid.

basketball_guy: Only listed Albama game as an upset becasue of the seedings 9 ovr a 8.

:duke11": posted tonight on "Barron's Assistant" post that Bob Simon is not returning, that is a big disappointment. Wonder whose decision Simon's or Barron's?

I asked, but haven't got an answer back yet.
bcbc55

Re: CIM's BLOG: 3 upsets in Men's NCAA Big Dance so far

Postby basketball_guy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:42 am

You think this duke11 is on the level.

I find that hard to believe but I guess it may be possible. I doubt that the kid from London was
Barrons recruit because Barron has not been at Maine long enough to start recruiting and besides
this kid was down in Pensacola.

Not sure what to make of this...

Guess it is best to stay tuned...
basketball_guy

Postby basketball_guy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:50 am

Did you see the Buffalo vs Arizona game? Buffalo could go a bit farther I think
basketball_guy

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:56 am

basketball_guy wrote:Did you see the Buffalo vs Arizona game? Buffalo could go a bit farther I think

basketball_guy: "duke11" works at UMaine I believe he posted on "Barron's assistants" thread and it is on page 1 posts 1 and 2, very iteresting. He has been very reliable with his info.

I did watch some of the B vs. A game, 15-30 and 2-18 for three's could have been basketball karma paying back Arizona for their situation and problems with the FBI (Famous Basketball Investigation).
bcbc55

Postby basketball_guy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:09 am

Well if it is true I am sorry to hear that. Yes Duke11 does sound on the level, but if he was leaving why haven't
they taken down his information on the Staff directory? Seems kind of strange they would take down down the others but leave him up on the Basketball staff directory don't you think?

Doesn't make sense to me....
basketball_guy

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:10 pm

basketball_guy wrote:Well if it is true I am sorry to hear that. Yes Duke11 does sound on the level, but if he was leaving why haven't
they taken down his information on the Staff directory? Seems kind of strange they would take down down the others but leave him up on the Basketball staff directory don't you think?

Doesn't make sense to me....

basketball_guy: Don't feel bad, I'm 9 miles from the University of Maine and it has not made any sense at all to me since 2004 when ever sense Dr. John Ginniani left for LaSalle in the situation of the men's basketball program.

Oh well. What is done is done.
bcbc55

Re: CIM's BLOG: 5 upsets in Men's NCAA Big Dance so far

Postby roll tide » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:20 am

America East: The best conference in America.
roll tide

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics