2009 UMaine Football - National Signing Day

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: 2009 UMaine Football Verbal Commitments

Postby Archer Bunker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:56 pm

Now if these guys will just listen to coach Cozzy and do as he says then UMO will do very well next season.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby UDPat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:47 pm

Maine folks:

You didn't get a good one in Justin Perillo.....You got a great one!!!

I have had the pleasure of watching this young man develop since He was in the 3rd grade. I coached him in hoops in the 3rd/4th grade. BTW He is averaging 25pts and 15 rebounds a game fro the his HS bball.

His work ethic is 2nd to none. All state in 3 sports and he could easily play hoops for you guys if he wanted.

He gives me a small reason to follow Maine football for the next 4 yrs.

Maine should be doing cartwheels over getting this kid. As good a athlete that he is, he's a better person!!!

UDPat
UDPat

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:35 pm

i've been looking at some of the recruiting information online, between caainsider, rivals, and espn. i think most would agree that UMass, UNH, and Maine are in a three way race for the north. It seems to me that the recruting classes are pretty equal all things considered. the top end talent in both classes is about the same and they all have about the same number of recruits. the real craziness ensues in the southern division!!! the recruiting down there is crazy, now with eight school vying for recruits. i think delaware is a team on the rise again if rivals knows what they're talking about at all. all of their recruits have two star ratings, while only mike cole has a two star rating in our class. it seems as though the southern division will continue to be the superior division in the conference. hopefully the north can sneak in their second best team over the third or fourth best team in the southern division for the tourney.

the one need that i think has perhaps been overlooked is the linebacking corps. we lose wasson, and downey, but have yet to sign a recruit. i've heard that ryan mcrossan will step into a linebacker role, and vinson givans is a lock to get some time i would assume, but other than that who do we have. we've got some kids from maine and donte dennis, who out of high school was listed as a part timer, and has yet to get an official position from the school. any thoughts on the conspicuous lack of a backer in the class so far?
over under on justin edwards dunks this year: 1.5 per game
UMaineSuperfan

Postby mainejeff » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:44 am

UMaineSuperfan wrote:i've been looking at some of the recruiting information online, between caainsider, rivals, and espn. i think most would agree that UMass, UNH, and Maine are in a three way race for the north. It seems to me that the recruting classes are pretty equal all things considered. the top end talent in both classes is about the same and they all have about the same number of recruits. the real craziness ensues in the southern division!!! the recruiting down there is crazy, now with eight school vying for recruits. i think delaware is a team on the rise again if rivals knows what they're talking about at all. all of their recruits have two star ratings, while only mike cole has a two star rating in our class. it seems as though the southern division will continue to be the superior division in the conference. hopefully the north can sneak in their second best team over the third or fourth best team in the southern division for the tourney.

the one need that i think has perhaps been overlooked is the linebacking corps. we lose wasson, and downey, but have yet to sign a recruit. i've heard that ryan mcrossan will step into a linebacker role, and vinson givans is a lock to get some time i would assume, but other than that who do we have. we've got some kids from maine and donte dennis, who out of high school was listed as a part timer, and has yet to get an official position from the school. any thoughts on the conspicuous lack of a backer in the class so far?

Up to this point, Maine is WAY ahead of the rest of the North (including UMass and UNH) in gaining verbal commitments. Maine is hosting a "3 star" this weekend (according to Rivals) which happens to be the last weekend before signing day.
mainejeff

Postby MC78 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:26 am

This is Mike Cole's mom. Just wanted to let you all know that I know a couple of analysist from Scout and they tell me that Jamal Clay is an absolute steal. They would have sworn he would have gone D1A and they thought the same about Mike as well. I know both boys are very excited to play for the Black Bears. Seems to me that Maine is cleaning up in NJ with excellent talent. I am posting a link with some information about mike. http://www.leaguelineup.com/mikecole
MC78

Postby fafan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:40 am

MC 78, Black Bear fans are very excited about this years class, seems initially to have some great young athletic players. Just curious MiKe's Mom, what were some of the reasons Mike chose Maine? We know as locals the strengths of the University of Maine but wondering what really sells the program and the school to someone from New Jersey?
Again congratulations on choosing Maine and look forward to seeing Mike as a Black Bear.
GO BLUE!!!
fafan

Postby MC78 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:18 pm

fafan wrote:MC 78, Black Bear fans are very excited about this years class, seems initially to have some great young athletic players. Just curious MiKe's Mom, what were some of the reasons Mike chose Maine? We know as locals the strengths of the University of Maine but wondering what really sells the program and the school to someone from New Jersey?
Again congratulations on choosing Maine and look forward to seeing Mike as a Black Bear.
GO BLUE!!!

The choice was pretty easy for him. Maine was the first school to offer Mike a scholarship before his Senior season even started. Other schools wanted to wait until after his senior year to review his film. UMaine believed in him from the get go. 2nd he is very good friends with Pushaun Brown, your RB, they went to school @ North Brunswick together and played FB there together. And 3rd but not least you have an amazing coaching staff. I personally love the HC, Coach Cos and Mike's recruiting Coach, Coach Rossi. We felt extremely comfortable with them. 5 days till LOI day...can't come quick enough so we can put all this recruiting behind us.
MC78

Postby mainejeff » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:20 am

Maine gets a QB commitment from PA. Sounds like a quality person and player!
mainejeff

Postby fafan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:34 am

Wow, that would make at least 5 QB's if not 6. Guess some will try another postion but bottom line we should have someone that can throw the ball. GO BLUE!!!!
Thanks MC78 for your response and hope you and your son enjoy your experience at Maine.
Is it me or could this be one of the most anticipated starts to UMaine football ever???? :D
Last edited by fafan on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fafan

Postby MC78 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:00 pm

Also a QB from Iona Warren Smith
MC78

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics