Why the Secret UMaine???

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Why the Secret UMaine???

Postby aechamps » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 pm

I hope Duke does play the women at home.(orono) Lets get the women playing better though before it does happen. Mainejeff and mbr2 heard of any scheduled games for the mens basketball yet. Besides costigan who else has left the team(bofia and hight). I also noticed surfing that kevin reed and jamar wilson are playing in the same league and same division in belguim. Jamar is shooting 66% and has some really nice numbers.
aechamps

Postby mainejeff » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:43 pm

aechamps wrote:I hope Duke does play the women at home.(orono) Lets get the women playing better though before it does happen. Mainejeff and mbr2 heard of any scheduled games for the mens basketball yet. Besides costigan who else has left the team(bofia and hight). I also noticed surfing that kevin reed and jamar wilson are playing in the same league and same division in belguim. Jamar is shooting 66% and has some really nice numbers.

Are you asking if Bofia has left the program or are have you heard something and looking for confirmation???

Regarding the schedule, it would seem that Canisius, Colgate and Quinnipiac all owe us home games (I hope). Also will be interesting to see who the "money" games are.

I agree that Blodgett should wait before scheduling Duke.....hopefully, Palombo is willing to do that as even with a "good" Maine team she would still have a tremendous advantage. And I really think that this could be a premiere event to open the new Bangor Arena......we'll just have to see if/when they plan to build and open a new facility. Can you imagine a sellout of 8,000 for the first game ever in the new facility with Blodgett, the greatest girl's player to ever grace the old Auditorium on one of the sidelines and Palombo, the best coach ever at UMaine (and one of the best Maine h.s. girls players) gracing the other sideline. It would be such an appropriate and highly anticipated event.......wow, that would be awesome. :)
mainejeff

Postby mainejeff » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Just wanted to add that Maine will play in a tourney at Kennesaw State (GA) with Western Illinois and another team TBA according to Fox Sports.
mainejeff

Postby aechamps » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:03 pm

Mainejeff, channel 6 tv just confirmed that maine will play at duke this coming season and they will return the trip to maine the following. from what i understand hight(shoulder) and bofia(knee) will not be returning. I was also wondering if someone else is not returing(hanszlik).
aechamps

Postby allsportsfan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:39 pm

Maine will be playing BC.

Hanzlik will be returning.
allsportsfan

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics