UMaine Baseball Recruit Updates

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

UMaine Baseball Recruit Updates

Postby mainejeff » Thu May 29, 2008 12:40 am

AJ Bazdanes:

Bazdanes had 13 Ks in a 1-0 win over arch rival Nashua North on Wednesday.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080529/COLUMNISTS11/926997154/-1/sports
mainejeff

Re: UMaine Baseball Recruit Updates

Postby TLukas » Thu May 29, 2008 4:26 pm

13k and only 3 hits against what was a very good team ! (they had 2 pitchers who also gave up only a combined 3 hits !) Word is that Bazdanes was bringing it 89-91+ consistently for entire 7 innings !

Now we just gotta hope we don't lose him to the Draft ?! Always a challenge when you recruit kids, especially pitchers, who are just a little bit too good in HS ! :roll:
If you can't see it, you can't hit it ! And the sooner you see it, the better you'll hit it !!
TLukas

Postby mainejeff » Thu May 29, 2008 4:39 pm

With Bilodeau's injury......I think that Bazdanes is the only one that we have to worry about now. By the way, the kid seems like a cocky SOB......which is a good thing as long as he is on OUR team. ;)
mainejeff

Postby TLukas » Sat May 31, 2008 6:34 am

Cocky or just having fun ? Quite a bit more to the kids story that has to make you like and respect what he's done and doing (and hopefully like him a LOT more over next 2-3 years !).
Just gotta get by June 5 & 6, and then the next 45 days !!

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080501/COLUMNISTS11/62972110
If you can't see it, you can't hit it ! And the sooner you see it, the better you'll hit it !!
TLukas

Postby mainejeff » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:23 am

Some final updates and pictures of incoming 2008/2009 UMaine Baseball recruits:

A.J. Bazdanes - Got a win in his final high school game as Nashua South beat Concord 2-1 in the NH Class L quarterfinals. Had 5 strikeouts in the game.

Keith Bilodeau - Was injured early in the high school season and will take the summer off from American Legion ball in MA. to heal.

Matt Klaczkiewicz - Helped team to the Delaware State Tournament Semifinals and came on in relief for his final high school appearance.....pitched 4 2/3 innings giving up 1 hit, 0 earned runs, and striking out 8 in his team's 8-5 loss.

Matt Klaczkiewicz goes for another K:

Taylor Lewis - Capped a tremendous senior season with a 3-run homer in the CHSC All-Star Senior Game.

Taylor Lewis hits one deep:

Pat Quinn - Had the best game of his high school season in the CIAC Class M Connecticut State Tournament going 3-4 at the plate with a double and homer, and pitching a shutout with 10 Ks vs. Nonnewaug.

Pat Quinn tags out a runner:

Kyle Stilphen - Still playing in the Eastern Maine Class B playoffs vs. Old Town.

Kyle Stilphen - 2008 Maine Gatorade Player of the Year:
mainejeff

Postby throwinheat5 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:30 am

My College prospect team faced Bilodeau this past fall. Kids got a good live arm, ball jumps out of his hand. Nice sharp slider to go with it. He could prob stand to throw on 10-15 lbs. before next spring but I'm sure that will come once he hhits the college weight room. Should be a good addition to the Black Bears.

Congrats to Lukas for such a great year, couldnt happen to a better kid!
throwinheat5

Postby chbazdanes » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:49 am

Folks:

I REALLY HOPE THIS 09 CLASS CAN RIGHT THE SHIP FOR THE 09 YEAR, The UMaine Baseball Program had some excellent performers this yeaer and hopefully they will get rewarded with soem more wins in 09. I am really looking forward to Trimper taking his team and seeing what he can do now that he's healthy and has a little more pitching depth. I am looking forward to watching my brother play up there as well and think Maine was the best fit for him overall

Official UMaine Baseball/Coach Trimper Supporter/Fan/Family member

Go Black Bears and you guys will be every impressed when you get a chance to see the level my brother performs at.

Charlie Bazdanes
chbazdanes

Postby mainejeff » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Welcome to the UMaine family, Charlie!

We've got a great group of knowledgeable UMaine baseball posters on this board.

Hopefully, there are better times ahead in 2008/2009.
mainejeff

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics