thebam

Re: WEEK 1: New Hampshire at Maine

Postby fafan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:00 am

thebam wrote:
dunbar wrote:*posts new tailgating policy*

https://goblackbears.com/news/2018/8/13 ... adium.aspx

*ducks and covers*

Lot of pressure on concessions !!!!

Wow, a lot more structure on the tailgating policy but as a season tix holder will enjoy separate entrance especially at homecoming :lol:
The no reentry seems a little harsh but I understand it must be hard on security to kick everyone out to begin the 2nd half. But you are allowed to tailgate until the end of the first quarter, who the heck wants to miss the first quarter is beyond me :o
So basically we are back where we started 4 years ago except ticket prices have more than doubled unless you are a season tix holder. :P
fafan

Postby thebam » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:39 am

I haven't seen a rationale for the no re-entry policy yet..
thebam

Postby RForester » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:30 pm

thebam wrote:I haven't seen a rationale for the no re-entry policy yet..

It minimizes risks and strain put on security. Allowing re-entry increases the risk of contraband entering the venue, whether it be drugs or weapons, UNH t-shirts.
RForester

Postby Bronco kid » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:12 pm

So was this the new President putting her foot down on tailgating? Word is the athletic department didn’t change the tailgating policy. The 5 dollar “ sunshine “tax for day of game tickets is the wrong policy for a team that has 2 home dates in Nov. I have had season tickets and some years not due to kid sports activities and when you have 4 kids , an extra 30 bucks takes the decision out of your hands. (And yes I get in a perfect world we all buy season tickets) but November games can be brutal. To need a game ticket in hand to get into a tailgate lot is dumb. Many games we tailgated in the family lot and then walk up to get tickets. If 5ere is no reentry, the university needs to rethink their concessions and pricing along with number of concession venues. Not everyone is up in the umaine box getting drinks and food in warmth with no waiting. In addition, for a family of 6 not to be able to return to the vehicle to get blankets , coats, forgotten items, etc is ridiculous. This isn’t big time football with tens of thousands of fans. Give me a break. We won’t be going and it’s too bad. The university of Maine has Never been a warm and friendly and welcoming place. They just want our money. Sorry no more !
Bronco kid

Postby thebam » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:39 am

Bronco kid wrote:So was this the new President putting her foot down on tailgating? Word is the athletic department didn’t change the tailgating policy. The 5 dollar “ sunshine “tax for day of game tickets is the wrong policy for a team that has 2 home dates in Nov. I have had season tickets and some years not due to kid sports activities and when you have 4 kids , an extra 30 bucks takes the decision out of your hands. (And yes I get in a perfect world we all buy season tickets) but November games can be brutal. To need a game ticket in hand to get into a tailgate lot is dumb. Many games we tailgated in the family lot and then walk up to get tickets. If 5ere is no reentry, the university needs to rethink their concessions and pricing along with number of concession venues. Not everyone is up in the umaine box getting drinks and food in warmth with no waiting. In addition, for a family of 6 not to be able to return to the vehicle to get blankets , coats, forgotten items, etc is ridiculous. This isn’t big time football with tens of thousands of fans. Give me a break. We won’t be going and it’s too bad. The university of Maine has Never been a warm and friendly and welcoming place. They just want our money. Sorry no more !

I feel like you should send this to the President and AD as well.
thebam

Postby hoopsisme » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:17 am

But they believe it is big time football
hoopsisme

Postby fafan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:44 am

Let's look at Maine's tix prices compared to our closest opponent UNH.
Maines single game tix price- $15, 25 and $35
UNH's " " " -$25 ,35 amd $50
Add on the sunshine walkup charge of $5 and we are even closer to them in cost.
Tailgating is the same ($20 each) but UNH does NOT have a free section for family tailgating like Maine does.
The past couple of years Maines attendance has increased dramatically as there was NO Tailgating charge and tix could be bought for much less.
I do not see where purchasing a tix is mandatory to tailgate. This has not been the practice in the past. Overall keeping tailgating free for families is a real good gesture.
I think the $5 surcharge for game day may be a detriment to tix sales but time will tell.
Right now tickets sold for the UNH game are terrible. If things don't pick up this could be the worse attended home opener ever. Not having students certainly on campus sets this game up for poor attendance and playing on a Thursday is not a good combo, hope I am wrong on this.
The no reentry is interesting as the gates are usually open after 1/2 time anyways.
fafan

Postby mainejeff » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 pm

I might attend the 2nd halfs for free....

This seems to happen with every UM administration turnover. Dumb decisions are made and there is no consistency. In the meantime they alienate fans and shrink the paying fan base. It’s a vicious cycle of stupidity and shortsightedness.......*sigh*. :| :roll:
mainejeff

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics