Aaron Calixte

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Aaron Calixte

Postby Blackbear28 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:34 pm

hey BlackBear28.. you ID10T.. I have been with the same company for 31 years.. it's called the United States Air Force.. I'll be sure and let you know if I decide to change jobs.
I am not pissing on AC for leaving.. I am merely putting out my opinion that he wasn't that good and despite his " loyalty" didn't make our program better. I realize you guys don't understand that. You just want to hand out the participation ribbon and pat him on the back. I just find it humorous that a player who couldn't lead his team to , really, anything in a horrible conference , is now going to play in the best conference in the country. I'll go see him play. I hope he kills it down there, except for 2 games a year ( Texas) but don't expect me to proclaim how great he was just because he stayed here 4 years. whoopdie doo.

All these stupid millennials want a participation trophy for NOTHING. Screw these stupid kids, they're too lazy to even pay our social security! Only loser idiots would think Bam-Bam was pissing on Calixte. Talking about WVU putting Calixte in the hospital is a COMPLIMENT you LOSERS. Brrrr it's getting chilly in here with all you SNOWFLAKES.
I'm just glad there's guys like me and Bam-Bam over here have INTEGRITY. I guarantee you if Maine could clone Bam-Bam and have 12 of him on the bench they'd win the national championship no problem! It's a shame really that Barron hasn't offered Bam-Bam yet. Does he not want to win? What an ID10T Barron is! Sad!
Although, to be fair Bam-Bam is waaaay too good to play in the AE. The third best conference in the country, Big 12 would be lucky to have him!
Blackbear28

Postby Blind Zebra » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:04 pm

As I mentioned previously, a power 5 conference might be a bit of a reach for Aaron. Some of these coaches obviously disagree. You can rip AC for his ball security issues, but his usage rate is off the charts. Maine had one other consistent scoring threat on this year's roster (White). I mean who else would you want to shoot the ball on Maine's roster this past season? Calixte was 47% FG and 90% FT. He's a proven shot maker who is extremely efficient. 4 years at Maine and he worked his butt off. I wish him well, wherever he goes.
Blind Zebra

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:14 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:As I mentioned previously, a power 5 conference might be a bit of a reach for Aaron. Some of these coaches obviously disagree. You can rip AC for his ball security issues, but his usage rate is off the charts. Maine had one other consistent scoring threat on this year's roster (White). I mean who else would you want to shoot the ball on Maine's roster this past season? Calixte was 47% FG and 90% FT. He's a proven shot maker who is extremely efficient. 4 years at Maine and he worked his butt off. I wish him well, wherever he goes.

"Blind Zebra": Agree with you on your post above. My only complaint about AC was he tried to do too much especially in crunch time, but it is understandable and a well-coached player usually will only do what he is allowed to do by their coach.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:16 pm

Florida State 27th RPI ranking in Pomeroy RPI Rankings
................54th RPI and 26th rankings in Realtimerpi.com
ACC Conference 4th in RPI and 2nd SOS Realtimerpi.com

Oklahoma.....48th RPI ranking in Pomeroy RPI Rankings
.................49th RPI and 76th SOS ranking in Realtimerpi.com
Big 12 Conference 1st in RPI and 4th SOS Realtimerpi.com

Maine........ 332nd RPI ranking in Pomeroy RPI
................338th RPI and 264 SOS Ranking in RealtimerPI.com
America East Conference 23rd and 23rd SOS RPI Realtimerpi.com

Teams 5 star player averages from Verbal Commits.com
Florida State 3.5 Stars
Oklahoma....2.7 Stars
Maine.........2.1 Stars

Conference 5 star player averages from Verbal Commits.com
Florida State-ACC... 3.3 stars Highest average in the country
Oklahoma....BIG 12.3.0 stars
Maine.........Am Et..2.1 stars

I WOULD SAY IT WILL BE A CHALLENGE IF HE ENDS UP AT EITHER! If he changes his approach and thinks pass first and shot second then I think he has skills to play at that level. How much, a starter,a sub is up to him as he has the skills especially as a shooter as his shooting percentage stats illustrate. Can also be a good creator for teammates off dribble penetration on kicks out passes. May have to adjust driving game to stop and take the jumper and look too kick out to open teammate instead of always taking it into the land of BIGS.

However, as both have offered AC they must think he can play at their level. Worked for Vann at VCU as a freshmen transfer and he ended up starting this past year and it worked for Wes Myers at South Carolina transferring as a grad student an eligible immediately just like AC.

Wish him the best of luck. Smart move as I don't think Maine is going to make the Big Dance next season but seeing Oklahoma and Florida did this past year I like his odds better at either place then at Maine to make the Big Dance.
bcbc55

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:10 am

Reg Bamford
@Big12Bam
Reg Bamford Retweeted Ryan Aber

Ryan Aber
Verified account
@ryaber
OU basketball: Sooners hoping grad transfer point guard rounds out roster
http://dlvr.it/QPm36l
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby aechamps » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:02 pm

He committed to OU.
aechamps

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:14 pm

aechamps wrote:He committed to OU.

"aechamps": Thanks for the info again.

If he had stayed he could have joined the other 6 Lee Academy team members and his former Lee Coach.

Currently on line in the Bangor Daily News this afternoon are articles about Calixe's transfer to OK and the two transfers, Darwich and Prijovic coming Maine.

Just go to bangordailynews.com and hit sports.
bcbc55

Postby aechamps » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Who knows.... maybe he wants to play out front of 10k fans every night and have a chance at the next level....oh and play on national tv
aechamps

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:05 pm

aechamps wrote:Who knows.... maybe he wants to play out front of 10k fans every night and have a chance at the next level....oh and play on national tv

"aechamps": I agree with your post above. He won't have to try and do too much with OK as he did at Maine. No question he is an outstanding shooter, just look at his shooting stats.

Better at a wing then at point guard. However, if plays at point guard and lets the game come to him instead of him taking himself to the game then he could reduce his turnovers and develop an improved basketball IQ which in turn would make his teammates better.

Biggest negative at Maine was more turnovers than assists.

Wish him nothing but good luck and success and it gives us Mainers someone to watch next year at the major level.
bcbc55

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:26 am

Former UMaine men's basketball guard Aaron Calixte to play at Oklahoma

... A source with direct knowledge of the situation told ABC 7 and Fox 22 Tuesday Calixte has committed to play for the University of Oklahoma next season. The guard would later confirm the news on Twitter, saying: "First off I would like to thank god for putting me in the position I am in today. Without him none of it would be possible. With that being said, I am excited to announce my commitment to Coach Lon Kruger & his staff at the University of Oklahoma!!"

https://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/2 ... t-oklahoma
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics