Prep Profiles: - Brewster, NMH, STM & more...

Post info or Comments: Prep & Recruiting , NE and National

Re: Prep Profiles: - Brewster, NMH, STM & more...

Postby PeaterWeb » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 pm

BlueLine wrote:Intriguing possibilities this season in Elite Prep Hoops. Can Brewster continue to place so many players at the the High Major Level?

After seeing their roster, the answer is yes!! If anyone in Maine wants to see the highest level talent before college here in Maine, head to Bridgton Academy on February 20th 2019 at 6pm, when Brewster arrives in Bridgton for a game!! You won’t be disappointed.
PeaterWeb

Postby PeaterWeb » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:28 pm

BlueLine wrote:Intriguing possibilities this season in Elite Prep Hoops. Can Brewster continue to place so many players at the the High Major Level?

After seeing their roster, the answer is yes!! If anyone in Maine wants to see the highest level talent before college here in Maine, head to Bridgton Academy on February 20th 2019 at 6pm, when Brewster arrives in Bridgton for a game!! You won’t be disappointed.
PeaterWeb

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:09 am

PeaterWeb wrote:

"PeaterWeb": Since MCI dropped their prep basketball program some years ago. the prep school level in Maine has dropped a little. than Lee Prep, Bridgton Academy and Gould Academy together don't seem to produce what MCI did by itself.

Although currently UMaine men have the former Lee Prep Coach on it coachi8ng staff along with Ilija S., Darwich,
Antoms, Prijovic (sitting out transfer) and Ward from Lee, From Bridgton Ashley and from Gould Academy Into that is 7 out of the 16 players from Maine's 3 prep schools.

Actually UMaine men's roster has 12 of it 16 players 13 scholarshipped and 3 walkons are international players. The only state side players are Fleming and Moss from Maine, White and Ashley.

Thought you might be interested. as I use to ref Prep school games at Lee and MCI and MCI really had some players that went big time at the D-1 level.

Maine with 7 Maine preppers are ranked just 317 out of 353 D-1 teams and an SOS of 191 and the America East Conference which Maine plays in is ranked 28th if 32 conferences and has an SOS of 27 right now by reaaltimerpi.com ranking system.
bcbc55

Postby PeaterWeb » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:56 pm

Hard to believe UMaine men are that high in SOS after that big win over freaking UM Machias!! Machias is playing in the same league as CMCC and SMCC, it’s not even D3!!

Brewster is loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits, some committed and some not, anyone that wants to see what big time college recruits look like, and that’s parents who think their children are, or coaches that want to show kids on Maine HS squads that think they are, should head to Bridgton in February to watch Brewster play. It may cause some parents and players to pump the breaks on what they think they are.
PeaterWeb

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:14 pm

PeaterWeb wrote:Hard to believe UMaine men are that high in SOS after that big win over freaking UM Machias!! Machias is playing in the same league as CMCC and SMCC, it’s not even D3!!

Brewster is loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits, some committed and some not, anyone that wants to see what big time college recruits look like, and that’s parents who think their children are, or coaches that want to show kids on Maine HS squads that think they are, should head to Bridgton in February to watch Brewster play. It may cause some parents and players to pump the breaks on what they think they are.

"PeaterWeb": I agree 100 percent with your post above. Maine plays UMM top fatten their stats and to find out what it feels like to win another game.

I also think and always has thought as a coach that if any Maine high school players wants to attempt to be an impact player in D-1 by their junior year THEY HAVE TO GO TO PREP SCHOOL. If a player can't get a scholarship to a Maine Prep school then they probably are not D-1 materIal.

BIg advantage of goIng to prep school besides the obvious of that extra year against top talent in practices and games, growIng more physIcally and mentally, getting stronger, etc IT ALSO TELLS THE PLAYER WHAT LEVEL OF D-1 THE PLAYER REALLY BELONGS AT BY THE MOST SCHOOLS THAT RECRUIT THE PLAYERS BY GROUPS BE IT MAJOR, MID MAJOR OR LOW MAJOR.

A lot of D-1 schools do not want recruits to go to prep school because some think that they could lose the recruit to a higher ranked program.

Maine as a basketball state is lucky to have Bridgton Academy, Lee Academy and Gould Academy as prep schools within it's borders and it is too bad that the Maine high school players who might have D-1 potential don't take advantage of them for that extra year and it's basketball value to them as recruits.

Peter Webb and I are good friends and I told him about your "PeaterWeb" user name here on MBR and he got a big kick out of it.
bcbc55

Postby PeaterWeb » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:21 am

Your chance to see some of the biggest recruits in the country is tomorrow night!! Brewster and it’s team of 4 and 5 star recruits is playing at Bridgton Academy at 6pm!! Any youth coach, or parent of a kid who wants to see what a recruit of a power 5 school looks like, I’d be there by 5:15, to make sure you can even get into the gym for the game! This is probably the best basket all team to play in the state this year and they aren’t even in college yet!!
PeaterWeb

Postby TC » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:00 pm

I watched My sons team play Brewster on Monday. Packed gym few media/ camera kids. Tilton was down 3 starters and bench is mostly injured,and one phenomenal athlete has left the team, but it wouldn’t have mattered on senior night for the Rams. Was a swipe as was the first meeting in Wolfesboro. Tilton went 8 deep ( son is 8) Brewster used all players. Brewster has lost games this season (NMH) unbelievably but are probably the best in the country, esp defensively. They are strong, aggressive and very athletic. And very, very well coached. Zane Meeks is 6’9 and is a lights out shooter 10 3pt shots made in game missed 2 I think) and I believe uncommitted. I believe Brewster would run with most teams in America East starting from their aggressive defense. This in my opinion is a major difference as how kids adjust ( or don’t) from MPA ball, along with being able to play athletically with jump stop, spins etc. 3 refs for this game; usually NEPSAC has 2. Some of the kids on the floor did indeed look older than their grade level.
TC

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:50 pm

PeaterWeb wrote:Your chance to see some of the biggest recruits in the country is tomorrow night!! Brewster and it’s team of 4 and 5 star recruits is playing at Bridgton Academy at 6pm!! Any youth coach, or parent of a kid who wants to see what a recruit of a power 5 school looks like, I’d be there by 5:15, to make sure you can even get into the gym for the game! This is probably the best basket all team to play in the state this year and they aren’t even in college yet!!

"PeaterWeb": I certainly believe your information. Can remember when years ago when I was officiating MCI and Lee Preppers when they would play Bridgton Academy, and other out-of-state prep schools how good the basketball players were even back then in the 2000's-2014. Some of those teams were as good as any teams in the state even back then some of those teams could have played with all the D-3 college teams and some years could have played with D-1 Maine. And reffing those games were just 2 man crews and boy was it hard to keep up with the games.
bcbc55

Previous

Return to PREP Basketball & Recruiting: New England & National