Remember, as media changes, MBR stays FREE

Be 1st to get your info out to Maine Sports Media. post it, email tom@mbr.org or text 2072101823

Remember, as media changes, MBR stays FREE

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:33 am

have you noticed...
- PPH bought SJ, JT, BT, etc ..... all pay walls
- BDN went paywall recently ....

I expect more cuts from sports at the conglomerate .. I see minimal coverage to meet what they see as their basic requirement to sell papers

Your Thoughts on the subject ??..

MBR recommended plan coaches / school reporting: USE TWITTER
Coaches: Create a free Twitter account ....
post your recaps and mention either @mbrmaine or #mesports
We will post and all other media will receive as well...

Why post or call 1 source ?? when one quick post an get it out to everyone
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: remember as media changes, MBR stays FREE

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:34 am

Here's a good example on how to report imo...

Don Shields
@DonShieldsMaine
Final HS Baseball - Oceanside 8, Maranacook 7, rallying from
down 7-1 to score 4 in the 4th & 3 in the bottom of the 7th. Uriah Thongsophaphone ripped a 2 run double to tie the game and scored the game winner on Michael Dougherty’s walk off single. #mesports #OSideWins
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: remember as media changes, MBR stays FREE

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:35 am

on the subject of BDN, Coach Shields nails it !

Don Shields
@DonShieldsMaine
Another reason the @bdnmainesports will have fewer coaches report HS scores. It just took me 15 minutes to sign up to report game scores. I remember when they were the best paper for HS Scores. I remember when they were to go to paper for scores.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Remember, as media changes, MBR stays FREE

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Tom: One of the online sources I used to go to regularly now cuts off the information after a minute or even seconds or so if you have not paid for the online service. It used to be free .

Many say, things certainly have changed over the years.

But I still say times don't change, as a second is still a second, 60 seconds is still a minute and so on, but it is the people that make the changes with their decisions in many areas of our lives.
bcbc55

Postby Archer Bunker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:04 pm

bcbc55 wrote:Tom: One of the online sources I used to go to regularly now cuts off the information after a minute or even seconds or so if you have not paid for the online service. It used to be free .

But I still say times don't change, as a second is still a second, 60 seconds is still a minute and so on, but it is the people that make the changes with their decisions in many areas of our lives.

Wrong again Cimmie time does change. In my house I have a real old grandfather clock that is broke and the clock is stuck a 1:20 and it hasn't moved in about 10 years so no time change there. But all the other clocks in the house work and the time changes on them every second. Times do change and people and things change with it.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:Tom: One of the online sources I used to go to regularly now cuts off the information after a minute or even seconds or so if you have not paid for the online service. It used to be free .

Wrong again Cimmie time does change. In my house I have a real old grandfather clock that is broke and the clock is stuck a 1:20 and it hasn't moved in about 10 years so no time change there. But all the other clocks in the house work and the time changes on them every second. Times do change and people and things change with it.

AB

AB: We will have to agree to disagree on this one Arch.

Even if a clock is broken and not working the basis of a second is still a second, 60 seconds equal a minute, 60 minutes equal an hour and so on so time moves (you can call it change if you wish I prefer time moves on) on. It is still the people that make the "changes" as the time moves on.

We just have a different definition to the word "CHANGE" that's all just like Webster's dictionary does.

Just "Different time (change) strokes for different time (change) folks".

CIM
bcbc55

Return to submit news , updates to MBR site