Wrestling 2018-19:

Post info or Comments: NCAA D3, NAIA, USCAA

Wrestling 2018-19:

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:59 am

Four-time state champ Beaulieu heading to USM
Maine wrestling’s all-time wins leader transferring from D1 Old Dominion

... Beaulieu, who also won a New England championship for Marshwood High School, is excited to join the USM family and train in a wrestling room that has a ton of local talent.

“There’s a bunch of Maine guys and I think it’s awesome. It’s the only varsity wrestling the state offers, and I think USM is a great spot for the top level Maine guys to come to and we can represent our home state, represent ourselves and our high schools. I think it’s a great opportunity,” said Beaulieu, who finished his high school career with an incredible 246-15 record.

When Beaulieu was going through the recruiting process out of high school, Southern Maine wasn’t on the radar as he was focused on giving Division I wrestling a try.

“I actually did talk to (USM assistant) coach (Jon) Deupree once at the Noble Invitational. I believe it was my junior year he came up to me and asked me about my college plans. At the time I was looking to go Division I and I told him that,” said Beaulieu. “He gave me his business card and told me if I never needed anything to let him know and it’s a funny story now that things have happened. A couple years have gone by and now I’m actually going to be going to USM. I never would have thought (I would be going to USM), but I’m excited about it.”

http://www.journaltribune.com/news/2018 ... o_USM.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Wrestling 2018-19:

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:29 am

USM HUSKY WRESTLING
@USMWrestling
Husky family taking team pics at the end of the year BBQ! Thank you to all of you and all of your families for an amazing season. Big things coming! #kidsaretough
pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Db5eDvpW4AAc4BZ.jpg
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)