Nescac profiles: Colby's Carylanne Wolfington

Post info or Comments: NCAA D3, NAIA, USCAA

Nescac profiles: Colby's Carylanne Wolfington

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:43 am

NESCAC ‏@NESCAC
Carylanne Wolfington of @themules shows off leadership skills in the NESCAC Summer Spotlight http://ow.ly/BCDO3035cfE

Carylanne Wolfington, Women's Basketball, Colby College

Colby College women's basketball player Carylanne Wolfington (Hallowell, Maine) demonstrated leadership on and off the basketball court as a team captain and president of the Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC).

Wolfington was a four-year starter for the Mules and scored 1,143 career points to rank ninth all-time in scoring. In her first two years, Wolfington had to guard players four or five inches taller because of Colby's lack of height. In her last two years, she was one of the top 3-point shooters in the NESCAC.

“Carylanne exemplifies Colby’s mission for academic and athletic success because of her service to the College, drive in the classroom, and on the court she achieved her own unique potential” said Julie Veilleux, former Colby head women’s basketball coach.

Among her many accolades, Wolfington was an All-Northeast Region selection, a two-time All-NESCAC pick, and was a member of the Maine All-State squad for three years in a row.

Wolfington was a standout as a Government and Psychology double major. Besides her SAAC role, she was a Senior Admissions Fellow, a campus tour guide, a member of the Colby Volunteer Center, and a research assistant in the government department.

In her four years at Colby, she had internships with the office of United States Senator Angus King (Maine) and with the Kennebec District Attorney's office.

Wolfington said she didn’t get involved on campus until her junior year.

“I always kept athletics as the top priority of that list, as it was my biggest passion, but the more I got involved with other things on campus, the more I loved Colby.” Wolfington said.

Wolfington was honored at the Senior Athletic Awards Presentation with the Marjorie D. Bither Award for academic ability, athletic ability, and leadership in athletics on campus. Although she entered the women's basketball program during a two-year rebuilding phase, she quickly made an impact and led the Mules to a 31-20 record over the past two years and a trip to the NESCAC Final Four as a senior.

“Athletics has meant so much to me my entire life and was the most amazing part of my Colby experience," Wolfington said. "I hope that I was able to honor Marjorie D. Bither during my time at Colby."

http://nescac.com/profile/2015-16/COL_Wolfington
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)