Profile: Nabil Odulate, Men's Soccer, Bowdoin College

Post info or Comments: NCAA D3, NAIA, USCAA

Profile: Nabil Odulate, Men's Soccer, Bowdoin College

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:53 am

Nabil Odulate, Men's Soccer, Bowdoin College

The 2015 New England Small College Athletic Conference Player of the Year, Nabil Odulate (Ellicott City, Md.) helped lead the Bowdoin College men's soccer team to consecutive conference championships. As a government & legal studies major and teaching minor, he reached out in the community and left a lasting legacy at Bowdoin.

On the field, Odulate backboned a Polar Bear defense that saw its goals-against-average decrease every year since his arrival on campus. As a senior, Odulate and the Bowdoin defensive corps permitted just eight goals in 19 games (0.39 GAA) while scoring three goals, including two game-winners. In winning back-to-back NESCAC titles in 2014 and 2015, the Polar Bears allowed one goal in just six tournament games with Odulate playing every minute. He became just the third defender to be named NESCAC Player of the Year.

In the community, Odulate was a constant presence on campus and off during his time in Brunswick, student-teaching at a local high school while co-chairing the school's A-Team, working with Peer Health to promote education and responsibility with alcohol. He also volunteered with Grassroots Soccer and the Midcoast Hunger Prevention Program.

“When I first visited Bowdoin, I thought the sense of community was unique and that’s one of the reasons I chose to come here," said Odulate. "Student-athletes play a big part in fostering that community. They collaborate with peers across a wide array of initiatives that help everyone make positive contributions on campus.”

http://nescac.com/profile/2015-16/BOW_Odulate
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)