SMCC - men 2015-2016:

Post info or Comments: NCAA D3, NAIA, USCAA

SMCC - men 2015-2016:

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:35 am

SMCC - men 2015-2016:

Seawolves Pull Off Close One Against PSU Greater Allegheny

South Portland - Despite a slow start the Seawolves were able to hang on and take home a 96-92 victory over USCAA opponent Penn State University of Greater Allegheny.

The Seawolves struggled to find their offense in the first half, trailing 19-8 after ten minutes of play. Thiwat Thiwat (Portland, ME) responded with two made free throws and a layup to close the gap to seven but the Nittany Lions were able to build the lead back up to thirteen, 30-17, with 7:30 remaining. In the final seven minutes the Seawolves outscored PSU 26-9 to take a four point lead into the halftime break.

After five minutes of play in the second half PSU had pulled to within one, 55-54, but a Matthew Jarrett (Norwalk, CT) layup followed by a Grayson Waterman (Berwick, ME) three pointer and six consecutive points by Seawolves center Jack Tolan (South Portland, ME) ballooned the SM lead back to twelve, 66-54. The Seawolves were able to maintain this lead for much of the second half, leading 91-80 with just 1:44 remaining but the Nittany Lions made one final push outscoring SMCC 12-3, ten of those points coming from shooting guard JaShaun Fontanez, over the course of a minute. With twenty-five seconds remaining the Seawolves were up just two until Tolan sank a pair of free throws to put SM up four and put the game just out of reach for the Lions.

Tolan led the Seawolves with a double-double, 22 points and 10 rebounds, while DeRosby added 16 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. Fontanez paced PSU with 28 points and five steals.

With this win the Seawolves improve to 2-2. They will be off until next weekend when they hit the road to go to Vermont Tech on November 14th for a 3pm game.

http://www.gosmccseawolves.com/sports/m ... 1107vtdrs7
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: SMCC - men 2015-2016:

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Seawolves Fall to VTC in Final Minute

andolph Center, VT - In their first conference game of the season the Seawolves battled with the Knights of VTC for a full forty minutes but came up short as the Knights' slipped past SM 72-68.

With just under four minutes remaining in regulation the score was knotted at 65-65. Nearly two minutes ticked off the clock before either team would strike on offense. The silence was broken when VTC's Kyle Rowles buried a jumper to give the Knights a two point edge. The Seawolves answered with a Jon Amabile (Portland, ME) made free throw to cut the lead to one with just over forty-five seconds remaining. The Seawolves played stellar defense for 28 seconds forcing the Knights' Kyle Connor into a desperation shot from six feet beyond the arc that hit nothing but the bottom of the net, putting VTC up 70-66. A Seawolves' timeout resulted in a John Morgan (Sanford, ME) layup that brought the Seawolves within two but after a SMCC foul VTC's Taylar Marston connected on both attempts from the charity stripe, solidifying the Knights' victory.

Amabile and Morgan led the Seawolves offensively with 18 and 16 points respectively. Point guard Jordan DeRosby (Waterville, ME) pitched in with 12 points.

The Knights were paced by BJ Conaway who scored a game high 22 points while Rowles and Conner each contributed 18.

After today's contest the Seawolves slip to 2-3 overall and 0-1 in conference play. They will host Unity College on Wednesday November 18th at 8pm.

http://www.gosmccseawolves.com/sports/m ... 1114xy7cse
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:22 am

SMCC basketball teams show promise
The season is young, but early indications suggest that more hardwood heroics are on tap this year at Southern Maine Community College.

Promising beginning
The women’s squad has gotten off to a fast start, winning four of its first five games. The Seawolves, who got to the conference championship game, losing to St. Joseph’s of Vermont, and qualified for the national tournament a year ago, opened with wins over Cegep Champlain St. Lawrence (67-46) and UNB Saint John (62-44). After a hard-fought 46-42 setback at Navy Prep, SMCC defeated Penn State Greater Allegheny in its home opener (86-48) and won at Vermont Tech (79-48).

http://www.theforecaster.net/smcc-baske ... w-promise/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:41 am

Seawolves Too Much For Rams

South Portland - In tonight's YSCC basketball matchup between SMCC and Unity College, the Seawolves dominated on the glass, outrebounding the Rams 63-23, and scoring 35 second chance points to come away with the 113-61 victory.

The Seawolves opened the game with 19-2 run, building a lead they would not relinquish. Receiving contributions from everyone on the floor the Seawolves were able to build the lead to 56-28 by halftime. Shooting guards Grayson Waterman (Berwick, ME) and Jon Amabile (Portland, ME) each scored 11 first half points and point guard Jordan DeRosby (Waterville, ME) added 10 to lead the Seawolves. The trio combined for 11-16 shooting from the field and 3-3 from the charity stripe in the opening period.

In the second half freshman forward Zaire Wilson (Norwalk, CT) led the SMCC offense, scoring all ten of his points, grabbing five rebounds and skying through the air to chalk up a monster block. Forward Kobe Washington (Haverhill, MA) chipped in with seven second half points.

SMCC managed to get all fourteen players into the scorebook in tonight's contest. Waterman led the team with a game high 15 points while Amabile added 13 and DeRosby netted 12.

The Rams were led by Sean Tocci who led all scorers with 24 points.

The Seawolves have now improved to 3-3 overall and 1-1 in conference play. The Seawolves will be back on the court on Saturday November 21st when they host PSU-Mont Alto at 3pm.

http://www.gosmccseawolves.com/sports/m ... 11191i33kw
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:36 am

Sharp Shooting Lions Defeat Seawolves

South Portland - In this afternoon's men's basketball action, the Nittany Lions of PSU-Mont Alto shot an impressive 53% from the field and 45% from the three point line to take an 88-61 victory over the Seawolves.

Lions center Jerome Evans started the game with eight consecutive points to give PSU an early 8-3 advantage. Seawolves point guard Jordan DeRsoby (Waterville, ME) responded with a three pointer to pull SMCC to within two. However, the Lions would not relinquish the lead for the entirety of the contest, as the Seawolves never got closer than two points. Evans scored 21 points in the first half on 9-12 shooting from the floor to give the Lions a 47-32 lead at the break. The Seawolves were able to quiet Evans in the second half, holding him to just four points, but PSU still managed to outscore SMCC 41-29 and come away with a 88-61 triumph.

Freshman forward Dylan Sylvestri (Pelham, NH) came off the bench to lead the Seawolves with 15 points and 11 rebounds, recording his first collegiate double-double.

Evans led all scorers with 25 points and shooting guard Mykel Barber chalked up 20 points, shooting 5-5 from beyond the arc.

The Seawolves (3-4, 1-1 YSCC) will be back in action tomorrow evening at 5pm when they host PSU-Beaver.

http://www.gosmccseawolves.com/sports/m ... 1121xafmpd
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:30 am

Seawolves Overcome by Moose

Augusta - The Moose of UMaine-Augusta outscored the Seawolves 18-7 in the final four and a half minutes of tonight's men's basketball contest to grab the 96-83 victory.

Shooting guard Grayson Waterman (Berwick, ME) picked up where he left off after his red hot shooting weekend connecting on 4-9 from the floor, including 3-6 from beyond the arc, and scoring 12 first half points to give the Seawolves a 45-44 edge at the break.

The two teams exchanged baskets for the first five minutes, finding themselves tied at 54-54, before UMA went on an 8-0 run that was capped off by a Brandon Rogers dunk. The Seawolves fought back and pulled the game to within two at 80-78, but the Moose responded with back to back threes that started a 12-0 run and put the game out of reach for the Seawolves.

Waterman and shooting guard Jon Amabile (Portland, ME) led the Seawolves with 18 apiece while point guard Jordan DeRosby (Waterville, ME) added 16 points and five assists in the loss.

Rogers led all scorers with 30 points and also grabbed a game high 20 rebounds for the Moose. Keith Chesley contributed 28 points and seven boards.

The Seawolves (3-6, 1-2 YSCC) will return to the court on Thursday December 3rd when they battle the Lynx of NHTI at 6pm.
http://www.gosmccseawolves.com/sports/m ... 112508vqnz
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:45 am

Clippers Defeat Seawolves with Second Half Comeback

outh Portland - The Seawolves led by as many as 19 in today's YSCC men's basketball matchup but an 18 point second half performance by UMaine-Machias' Jorge Milo led the Clippers to a come-from-behind 89-83 victory.

In first half action SMCC point guard Jordan DeRosby (Waterville, ME) and shooting guard Matthew Jarrett (Norwalk, CT) each scored 12 points and the Seawolves outrebounded the Clippers by 11 to take a 46-30 lead into the locker room. The Seawolves were able to maintain the lead for the majority of the second half but with 3:38 remaining Milo connected on a shot from downtown to knot the game at 77-77. Milo proceeded to rattle off seven unanswered points extending the UMM lead to seven. A Ville Wuorenjuuri (Helsinki, Finland) layup and two made free throws by SMCC's Zaire Wilson (Norwalk, CT) made it a one possession game, 84-81, but with nineteen seconds left on the clock UMM's Brandon Blakely netted a three pointer to put the game out of the Seawolves' reach.

DeRosby ended with a team high 16 points and eight rebounds and Wilson added 15 points, six rebounds. Wuorenjuuri ended with 13 points, Jarrett with 12 and shooting guard Grayson Waterman (Berwick, ME) chipped in eight points and a team beat 12 rebounds.

UMM's Milo led all scorers with 24 points while teammate Ben Teer added 20 and Blakely ended with 15.

The Seawolves (4-8, 2-3 YSCC) will wrap up the weekend with a 2pm game at home tomorrow against Hampshire College.

http://www.gosmccseawolves.com/sports/m ... 1205xksdlq
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:45 am

Stellar Shooting Performance by Seawolves Results in 129-40 Triumph

South Portland - This afternoon the Seawolves shot an impressive 64% from the field and 67% from the three point line to take a commanding 129-40 victory over the Black Sheep of Hampshire College.

The Black Sheep hit the first shot of the game, taking a 2-0 lead, their first and only lead of the game before the Seawolves responded with a 17-0 run. The Seawolves ballooned the lead to 66-27 by the break and came out even stronger in the second half, outscoring the Black Sheep 63-13.

Seawolves' point guard Ville Wuorenjuuri (Helsinki, Finland) led the charge withh 22 points on 9-10 shooting, inlcuding 4-5 from beyond the arc. Freshman Asad Dahia (Westbrook, ME) scored a career high 18 points on 7-8 shooting, center Jack Tolan (South Portland, ME) dropped 13 points and point guard Peter Theriault (Livermore, ME) added 12 points and seven rebounds.

Hampshire's Jimmy Marrone and Chris McCarthy each scored a team high 11 points.

With this win the Seawolves improve to 5-8 overall and 3-3 in the YSCC. Their next game will be on the road on Thursday December 10th at Northern Essex CC at 6pm.

http://www.gosmccseawolves.com/sports/m ... 1206umrjlc
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:49 am

Mustangs ground Herons 105-80

Portsmouth, NH—Carrington Miller (Bingham, ME) led six mustangs in double figures tonight hitting for 27 points, hauling down 18 rebounds and dishing out 6 assists leading CM to a convincing 105-80 win over the Great Bay Herons.

CM had some first half difficulties getting rid of the bus legs and settling into a flow. The Herons hung around keeping the game within striking distance most of the first half. By halftime the Mustangs managed to take a 52-39 lead and regroup for the second half. Finding their legs, the visitors jumped out to a sizeable lead (20 points) and played all players down the stretch to come home with a victory.

Rob Skinner (Winsted, CN) followed up Miller with 16 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists. Danny Judd (Montreal, Canada) recorded 14 points, and Mark Williams (Vista, CA) hit for 12points. The win increases the Mustangs record to 11-4.

http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/mbkb/2 ... 1208xtypl2
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:20 am

Seawolves Fall to NECC in Final Minutes, 81-76

Haverhill, MA - In tonight's men's basketball matchup Northern Essex held a nine point advantage at the half but the Seawolves fought back and tied the game at 75-75 with 1:47 remaining. The Seawolves missed some key shots from the charity stripe down the stretch, allowing the Knights to finish out the game on a 6-1 run and take the 81-76 victory.

Seawolves' point guard Jordan DeRosby (Waterville, ME) led the team in the loss with 17 points which all came in the second half. Shooting guard Grayson Waterman (Berwick, ME) added 14. On the night the Seawolves shot only 5-16 from the free throw line.

The Knights were led by shooter Bryan Morales who ended with a game high 25 points, including seven makes from downtown. Dominic Dar netted 19 for NECC and Jonathan Paulino chipped in 13.

The Seawolves (5-9, 3-3 YSCC) will hit the road again tomorrow as they travel to New York City to play Berkeley College on Saturday at 6:30pm and Vaughn College on Sunday at 4pm.

http://www.gosmccseawolves.com/sports/m ... 1210xallhf
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Next

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)