CMCC women 2015-2016:

Post info or Comments: NCAA D3, NAIA, USCAA

CMCC women 2015-2016:

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:43 am

CMCC's Rowe a story of perseverance

Alex Rowe didn’t realize how much basketball meant to her until it was no longer in her life. After that almost happened again, Rowe made sure she wouldn’t take the game for granted.

Rowe is back for a second year playing for the Central Maine Community College women’s basketball team. She wasn’t sure she was going to get a second chance.

“I wasn’t expecting to play,” Rowe said. “I thought I was done basketball. So being able to play one last year is awesome.”

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ce/1814313
Sun Journal - allows 10 free reads per month for non-subscribers.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: CMCC women 2015-2016:

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:40 am

Women's Basketball surprises Monroe

Boston, MA - Scrappy half-court defense and a balanced attack helped lead the Lady Mustangs to a great team victory over the Monroe College Mustangs, 59-52. Although only placing one player in double-figure scoring, CM got contributions from everyone to help pull away in a tight game.

Alex Rowe (South Paris, ME) led the way for the Mustangs, scoring a game high 15 points while pulling down 8 rebounds. Freshmen, Jenny Schlim (Nottingham, NH), played a tremendous defensive game, finishing with 8 points, a game high 12 rebounds, 4 steals and 2 blocks. Frankie Lally (Auburn, ME) hit a pair of deep 3's and finished with 8 points, while Seve Deery-Deraps (Rangeley, ME) came off the bench and tallied 9 points and 6 rebounds.

Freshman, Nicole Hamblin (Fayette, ME), made the first start of her career and was spectacular running the point, playing a team high 37 minutes and finishing with 8 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists, while controlling the CM offense and evading the Monroe pressure defense.

With the win the Lady Mustangs improve to 3-2 overall, and will play against perennial power, Dean College tomorrow afternoon at 2:00pm. CM will also play on Sunday, this time at home, vs. Penn State Greater Allegheny at noon.​

http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2 ... 1106vx9yfn
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:16 am

Lady Mustangs Leave Boston with Two Wins

Boston, MA - Less than 24-hours after shocking Monroe College, CM was at it again, this time with a come from behind victory over the Dean College Bulldogs. Down by 12 in the 4th quarter, the Lady Mustangs mustered enough energy to finish the game on a 20-2 run to sneak out with the win.

Jenny Schlim (Nottingham, NH) was dominant on the defensive end taking 3 charges, ripping down 7 rebounds, and netting a game-high 17 points. Frankie Lally (Auburn, ME) tallied 11 points and a game-high 7 assists. Lally scored 9 of her all points in the final quarter, including a pivotal and-1 three pointer to give the Lady Mustangs a 6-point lead with just over a minute left.

The 20-2 4th quarter run was sparked by Schlim taking 2 offensive fouls, Nicole Hamblin (Fayette, ME) and Abby Tilton (Nottingham, NH) remaining calm at the point, and getting contributions from everyone who entered the game.

With the win the Lady Mustangs improve to 4-2 on the year, and will play their 3rd game in as many days, when they host Penn State Greater Allegheny tomorrow at 12pm.

http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2 ... 1107php6sf
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:33 am

Women's Basketball Completes Weekend Sweep

Auburn, ME - Playing their 3rd game in as many days the Lady Mustangs somehow came out with fresh legs, and rushed out to a 20-7 lead on Penn State Greater Allegheny. CM dissected the PSU defense early on getting easy basket after easy basket, pulling away for a 73-50 victory.

Jenny Schlim (Nottingham, NH) led the charge with 20 points, 13 rebounds, and 6 assists on 56% shooting. Sophomore, Alex Rowe (South Paris, ME) dominated inside finishing with 14 points and 9 rebounds. Abby Tilton (Nottingham, NH), Macy Welch (North Anson, ME), and Nicole Hamblin (Fayette, ME) all chipped in with 8 points.

Penn State Greater Allegheny was led by Mandi Johnston who finished with 23 points on 7-20 shooting.

Frankie Lally (Auburn, ME) played a great floor game for CM, finishing with 6 assists, 5 rebounds, and 3 steals. Lally also took 1 of the Lady Mustangs' 6 charges.

With the win, CM improves to 5-2 on the year. The Lady Mustangs will be back in action on Thursday when they travel to the Augusta Civic Center to take on the Moose of UMaine-Augusta.

http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2 ... 1108kwdews
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:54 am

CMCC Athletics
I posted 30 photos on Facebook in the album "2015 Women's Basketball Photo Day"
https://t.co/HdigTFZjFk
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:47 am

CMCC survives NHTI rally

LEWISTON — The Central Maine Community College women's basketball team found a way to win Thursday night. It didn't come without a lot of searching in the final quarter. CMCC watched New Hampshire Technical Institute trim the lead down to one point twice in the final quarter. ...

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ly/1822983
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:22 am

Lady Mustangs Down Defending National Champs

Auburn, ME - Tonight presented a unique opportunity for CM; in the form of a home contest against the defending USCAA DII National Champions, Penn State - Beaver. The young Lady Mustangs did not let the opportunity go to waste, as they led from start to finish in a convincing 86-70 win.

Five Mustangs scored in double figures. Nicole Hamblin (Fayette, ME) led the charge with 16 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals. Jenny Schlim (Nottingham, NH) shook off a first half injury to finish with 15 points and 9 rebounds, while Seve Deery-Deraps (Rangeley, ME) connected for 11 points. Alex Rowe (South Paris, ME) and Macy Welch (North Anson, ME) helped CM dominate inside and finished with 12 and 15 points respectively.

Asia Borders led Penn State with 27 points.

Overall the Mustangs shot 52% from the floor and out rebounded Beaver, 43-36.

With the win the Lady Mustangs improve to 7-3 overall and will host Penn State Mont Alto tomorrow afternoon at 1:00pm

http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2 ... 1121u1nwdg
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:33 am

Women's Basketball Completes PSUAC Sweep

Auburn, ME - Playing Penn State Mont Alto in their third matchup against a PSUAC member this season, the Lady Mustangs used balanced scoring to pull away with the 74-46 win. CM once again had five scorers in double figures, and assisted on 27 of their 33 baskets.

Macy Welch (North Anson, ME) and Nicole Hamblin (Fayette, ME) led the way scoring 13 points each. Jenny Schlim (Nottingham, NE) and Alex Rowe (South Paris, ME) netted 11 points each, with Schlim finishing with 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 5 steals. Seve Deery-Deraps (Rangeley, ME) hit two 3's, finishing with 10 points.

Shelly Trumpower led Mont Alto with 14 points.

Frankie Lally (Auburn, ME) played a great floor game, finishing with 6 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals.

With the win the Lady Mustangs improve to 8-3 on the year, and will be back in action on December 5th and 6th when they host UMaine-Machias and Vermont Tech.

http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2 ... 1122mi258b
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:26 am

Shorthanded Mustangs Rout Vermont Tech

Auburn, ME - CM jumped out to a 34-9 first quarter lead and never looked back in a 97-33 rout of Vermont Tech. Five players scored in a balanced attack, with the Mustangs assisting on 39 of their 37 field goals.

Seve Deery-Deraps (Rangeley, ME) scored a game-high 20 points and pulled down 8 rebounds, while Alex Rowe (South Paris, ME) scored 14 while pulling down 8 rebounds herself. Abby Tilton (Nottingham, NH) notched her first career double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds, while Frankie Lally (Auburn, ME) hit 4 of 6 threes to finish with 15 points.

Allie Ablondi (Thompson, CT) came off the bench and hit for 16 points, including 4 threes. Nicole Hamblin (Fayette, ME) flirted with a triple-double, finishing with 6 points, 11 assists, 12 rebounds, and 5 steals.

Kaitlin Lyford led VTC with 10 points.

With the win the Lady Mustangs improve to 9-3, and will take on UMaine-Machias Sunday afternoon at 1:00pm.

http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2 ... 1205mhqucu
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:27 am

Lady Mustangs Sink Clippers

Auburn, ME - Balanced scoring and constant pressure were once again the story, as the Lady Mustangs rolled to an 89-35 victory over the University of Maine at Machias Sunday afternoon. CM jumped out to a 27-8 lead after the first quarter, and led 43-16 at the half. Their constant pressure caused 40 Clipper turnovers, and led to many easy baskets.

Alex Rowe (South Paris, ME) led the way with 15 points and 8 rebounds, while freshman, Nicole Hamblin (Fayette, ME) tallied 14 points including 4 threes, and also dished out 6 assists. Frankie Lally (Auburn, ME) finished with 11 points, as did Macy Welch (North Anson, ME) who also pulled down 6 rebounds off the bench.

CM scored 48 points off Machias turnovers, and outscored the Clipper bench 33-8.

Shannon Garland led the Clippers with 11 points.

With the win the Lady Mustangs improve to 10-3 overall and 3-1 in the Yankee Conference. CM is back in action next Sunday when they host the defending Yankee Champions and 2015 USCAA DII National Runner-Up, College of St. Joseph's (VT), in a non-conference tilt.

http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/wbkb/2 ... 1206mlb1zi
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Next

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)