Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Soccer - women 2015: UMaine-Presque Isle

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:35 am

TV
UM Presque Isle Women's Soccer Team looking for solid season. The University of Maine Presque Isle women's soccer team heads into the 2015 season with high hopes.

http://www.wagmtv.com/content/sports/UM ... 16921.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:50 am

2015 Women's Soccer Roster

No. Name Pos. Cl. Hometown
2 Holli Boyce Defender Freshman Stonington, ME
4 Sam Nadeau Striker Sophomore St. David, ME
6 Abby Deveau Defender Sophomore Littleton, ME
8 Jessy Dickison Midfielder Sophomore Houlton, ME
12 Jordi Legassie Midfielder Freshman Presque Isle, ME
13 Morgan Roy Defender Sophomore
14 Autumn Poulin Midfielder Freshman Winslow, ME
15 Bethany Heald Striker Junior
16 Mikayla Churchill Defender Freshman Washburn, ME
17 Kaysha Davenport Midfielder Freshman
18 Abi Riitano Defender Senior Abbot, ME
19 Janae Libby Midfielder Sophomore Fort Fairfield
20 Megan McKnight Midfielder Freshman
21 Mikaelah Tracy Midfielder Junior Houlton, ME.
23 Hope Hyland Striker Freshman
27 Allie Lopez Keeper Sophomore Kingfield, ME
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:51 am

2015 Women's Soccer: Season Preview
PRESQUE ISLE – The Owls return their leading scorer from a year ago, and with plenty of fresh faces mixed in with some experienced players, a buzz of excitement has been coming from the women's soccer team at UMPI. "[We have] a good combination of locals and girls from away," said Head Coach Trevor Parent (4th Season). "We have a great combination of veterans and first years. We have a great combination of speed, techniques, and tactics. It's all coming together very nicely."

Sophomore Samantha Nadeau (St. David, ME) is coming off of a freshman season in which she led the team in goals (10) and garnered AD3I Second Team All-Conference honors, as well as being the USCAA Player of the Week in 2014 (week ending September 1, 2014). She summer spent working hard to improve her game. Nadeau played for the Portland Phoenix, and looks to bring some of the lessons she learned with her to UMPI. "The physicality of playing down there was something I can bring up here and teach my teammates. I can also show them the tactical and technical situations that I learned down there and will help when I bring it here to show the other girls."

Junior Mikaelah Tracy (Houlton, ME), a junior, was tied for second on the team in assists last season and started every game for the Owls. "I'm really excited for the season," said Tracy. "We have a lot of talent coming in and we have bigger numbers this year."

Allie Lopez (SO, Kingfield, ME) is back for her second season tending the goal for the Owls, working to improve from a strong freshman campaign that saw her save 73% of shots on goal. Also coming off a season in which they started every game they appeared in, Jessy Dickison (SO, Houlton, ME), Bethany Heald (JR, Enfield, ME), and Janae Libby (SO, Fort Fairfield, ME) will look to use their experience to strengthen the Owl's attack. Abby Deveau (SO, Littleton, ME), Morgan Roy (SO, Howland, ME), and Abi Riitano (SR, Abbot, ME) round out the returners for this year's Owl's squad.

Several new faces will look to add some much needed depth and to give the Owls a boost this season. Holli Boyce (FR, Stonington, ME), Hope Hyland (FR, Woodstock, NB), Jordi Legassie (FR, Presque Isle, ME), Autumn Poulin (FR, Winslow, ME), Mikayla Churchill (FR, Washburn, ME), Megan McKnight (FR, Presque Isle, ME), and Kaysha Davenport (FR, Perth-Andover, NB) will all look to propel the women's soccer team to new heights this season.

The Owls open up on the road on September 1st, when they travel to Unity College to take on the Rams. The home opener is on September 9th when they host Maine-Farmington (2 PM). Other home dates include: Unity College (Sept. 13, 1 PM), Fisher College (Sept. 19, 12 PM), Maine-Machais (Spet. 23, 2 PM), Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Studies (Oct. 4, 11 AM) and they end their season at home against Maine-Fort Kent on October 29th (12 PM).
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:52 am

UMPI Women Open Season with a Win

UNITY, ME - The UMPI Women's Soccer team go the season off on the right foot with a 2-1 victory against Unity College on Tuesday.

Despite having their chances, UMPI ended up playing the first half to a draw against the Rams. The Owls turned up the pressure the second half and finally netted the first goal of the game. In the 48th minute Janae Libby (SO, Midfielder, Fort Fairfield, ME) drove home a ball on an assist from Sam Nadeau (SO, Striker, St. David, ME). The Rams would answer quickly, as Mariza Gionfriddo (SO, Newington, CT) would score an unassisted goal. From there the Owls attack would take control of the game, keeping the pressure on the Unity squad. The go-ahead goal was scored by junior midfielder Mikaelah Tracy (Houlton, ME) as she curled in a corner kick with time starting to wind down. The Owls would hold on to mark their first win of the young season.

"Great team victory against a team that participated in the national tournament last year," said Head Coach Trevor Parent of his team's efforts. "It's a solid result for a mid-week, early season, away match. Our structure and organization was fantastic. There are several unsung heroes in this match. What I can say is we are very proud of each one of our girls today."

The Owls take some time off before returning to the pitch in their home opener on Wednesday, September 9th when they host Maine-Farmington at 2 PM.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:14 am

Owls Get Buried in the Second Half

PRESQUE ISLE – The Owls Soccer team took their first loss today, as the Farmington team poured it on at the end, taking the game by a final of 9-1.

The Beavers took the lead early and never looked back as Ashley Gleason (FR, Scarborough, ME) scored the first goal with just over 5 minutes off the clock. Lydia Roy (FR, Waterville, ME) would find the net, before Gleason knocked in her second, putting the Owls down 3-0 at the half.

The Presque Isle team came out with some energy in the second half and looked as though they were going to make the game interesting. Just minutes into the half, Janae Libby (SO, Fort Fairlfield, ME) made a nice move to beat her defender and put the Owls on the attack. A beautiful centering pass was knocked home by Sam Nadeau (SO, St. David, ME) and the Owls were on the board. They continued to hang tough, and stayed within striking distance at 3-1 for the first portion of that the second half. The Beavers' Katie Clark (JR, Westbrook, ME) scored a goal in the 60th minute, which opened the flood gates. Five more goals would pour in over the next five minutes after the Owls defense finally would finally succumb to the constant Farmington barrage. UMPI would suffer a 9-1 defeat as a result, being outshot 34-8 in the game.

"Some positive, and some obvious pieces that we need to work on as a collective," said Head Coach Trevor Parent of the team's effort today. "The way we responded coming out of halftime was a great example of what we can do. If and when we are consistent, we are tough to match up against. We got away from the process and the score line reflects that. Kudos to a well-coached UMF side."

The Owls return to action on Friday when they visit Thomas College. The game is scheduled for a 7 pm start.

http://owls.umpi.edu/sports/wsoc/2015-1 ... 0909t2r1p9
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:55 am

Owls Shutout Rams

PRESQUE ISLE – The Owls shut out the Unity Rams at home, and evened their record at 2-2 with a 3-0 win.

Bethany Heald (JR, Enfield, ME) got the scoring going in the first half when she headed in a beautiful pass from Sam Nadeau (SO, St. David, ME) in the 31st minute (pictured). The Owls would continue to put pressure on the Rams throughout the first half, outshooting their opponents ten to four. It wasn't until the second half that they started extending their lead. In the 52nd Jessy Dickison (SO, Houlton, ME) fired in an unassisted shot in for the second goal. Just five minutes passed before the Owls would add to that lead, as Nadeau was able to connect on a goal of her own. Holli Boyce (FR, Stonington, ME) was credited with the assist. Owls keeper Allie Lopez (SO, Kingfield, ME) collected eight saves in the shutout.

"It's tough after a game like that to pick out a stand out performer," said Head Coach Trevor Parent after the game. "In general it was better, fitness-wise it was better, possession-wise it was better. It was good, borderline very good, but we are looking for great. It's always good to get back to .500 after a tough couple of losses. Psychologically it will hopefully lead us into a nice Homecoming Weekend.

The Owls will compete next on Saturday, September 19 as they host Fisher College. The weekend's games will be a part of the annual UMPI Homecoming festivities. The game is scheduled to start at noon.

http://owls.umpi.edu/sports/wsoc/2015-1 ... 0913p3feub
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:18 am

Nadeau Named AD3I Player of the Week

OVERLAND PARK, KS – University of Maine-Presque Isle sophomore forward Sam Nadeau (St. David, Maine) has been named the Association of Division III Independents women's soccer Player of the Week for the week ending on September20, 2015. Nadeau ended the Owls win over Fisher on Saturday with two goals and an assist for a total of five points as UMPI picked up a 5-2 homecoming victory. The forward scored the lone of the first half and helped extend the lead later with her second goal. When Fisher threatened to come back into the game, the sophomore set up her teammate with an assist to help cap off the victory.

UMPI release: http://owls.umpi.edu/sports/wsoc/2015-1 ... 0922esgzzw
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)