Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Soccer - women 2015: CMCC

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:40 am

Clippers sail past Mustangs

Auburn, ME - The women's soccer team kicked off their season with a home game against top ranked Machias. For a team that gradually grew in numbers over the course of their first week, the focus of this season-opening home game was just to survive so they could gain some experience and begin to train and prepare for the rest of the season. After a few quick Machias goals, the Mustangs settled in and began to play and ended the first half down 3-0. Ten minutes into the second half the Mustangs began to run out of gas and the final score was 8-0, Machias.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:44 am

Full game video replay ... Unity vs CMCC
http://thecube.com/embed/533582?#
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:52 am

Women's Soccer falls to SMCC

Auburn, ME - The still developing CM Lady Mustangs took a step forward today in their home game v SMCC Seawolves. After a few early goals in the first five minutes of play, mostly due to nerves, the Mustangs settled in and began to play forcing the game to be played up and down the field instead of only in their defensive third.

For the first time this season they began to attack the opponent's net and the five shots they had in the first half was more than the total in the two previous games combined. With 13 minutes left in the half, Francesca Lally (Auburn, ME) sent a through ball to Megan Duval (Jay, ME) who beat the Seawolves defense to score her first collegiate goal and the first Mustang goal of the season. The first half ended with the Mustangs down 5-1.

Although they were still out shot, the second half saw a much more evenly played game. Some good offensive opportunities for the Mustangs came from the play of Courtney Cotnoir (West Gardiner, ME) who penetrated the Seawolves defense a few times only to come up empty. Defensively the Mustangs held the middle very well against a strong Seawolves attack with strong play from the Lewiston duo of Bailey Jumper and Hailey Lebel.

Elizabeth Cormier (Lewiston, ME) made 18 saves in the Mustangs effort. Final score saw SMCC coming out on top 7-1, but it was a valuable learning experience and overall improved play from the Mustangs.

CMCC release: http://www.cmmustangs.com/sports/wsoc/2 ... 0916b4n14f
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)