UNE hires Swallow as new head coach of men’s hockey program

Post info or Comments: NCAA D3, NAIA, USCAA

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:02 am

The University of New England Nor’easters will name a new hockey coach for its men’s hockey program on Tuesday.
The ECAC East school has tabbed Nichols College head coach and former UMaine forward Kevin Swallow to lead the Nor’easters.

Swallow, who has ties to Maine, confirmed he’s returning to Vacationland after accepting the position on Sunday.

“It’s a very intriguing position. I think the team is on the verge of greatness,” Swallow said. “I do think with everything the program has to offer: great academic school, great location – right on the ocean – close proximity to Portland and Boston as well.”

http://mainehockeyjournal.com/2015/06/2 ... y-program/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: UNE hires Swallow as new head coach of men’s hockey prog

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:08 am

Former UMaine player named hockey coach at UNE

BIDDEFORD, Maine — When former University of Maine hockey winger Kevin Swallow was working for Pepsi the year after graduating, he realized how much he missed hockey.

“It’s what I’ve known my whole life. It’s what I’m passionate about. I couldn’t wait to get back involved in the game,” said Swallow.

He landed an assistant coaching job at Neumann University in Pennsylvania, then became the head coach at Nichols College in Dudley, Massachusetts.

Now, Swallow is taking over at the University of New England.

UNE associate vice president and director of athletics Jack McDonald announced Swallow’s appointment on Tuesday.

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/06/23/s ... ch-at-une/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Maine Colleges (other than D1 UMaine)